Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

when this guy tore us a new arse last season, was he playing wide or central. I'm struggling to understand where this guys best position is, not sure Poch knows either.

Said it before but has to play centrally for me, doesn't suit his game at all being out wide. Players can show him one way or the other and see what is coming - he doesn't have the delivery to threat out wide and can't cut in and shoot.

Best bet is to use him centrally where he can dribble both ways, or straight at the defence, with options to dump off. His physicality and defensive ability is also beneficial through the middle. Makes too much sense not to have him there.

Said it before but has to play centrally for me, doesn't suit his game at all being out wide. Players can show him one way or the other and see what is coming - he doesn't have the delivery to threat out wide and can't cut in and shoot.

Best bet is to use him centrally where he can dribble both ways, or straight at the defence, with options to dump off. His physicality and defensive ability is also beneficial through the middle. Makes too much sense not to have him there.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I wonder if it'd have been smarter to play him alongside Dembele in the 2 CM roles. We were probably overly defensive, and Sissoko could have ran at their defence constantly.

I thought he was being brought as cover for Dembele when we got him to be honest - similar sort of player (albeit nowhere near as effective!) who can receive the ball from the defence and turn and run past midfielders to open up the game for the front three. Has the same physicality and ability to cover ground as to not make him a liability defensively either. I hope that is the future of his position at Spurs but we shall see.

He should not take minutes from Winks, who actually has a future at the club.

He was tonight but let's judge him next season after Poch has worked with him properly

I still believe he's best out right but why not play him centrally?

His first touch is abysmal, seems risky to put him in the middle of the park if his second touch is going to be a (light) tackle. Add the fact I dont think hes mentally a Poch player (and Poch quite openly slagged him off at Xmas) and I think he'll be off soon

Is this the thread where we ignore the dozen other shite players and use one as a scapegoat?

:levyeyes:

Haha, sort of. The others were all crap tonight as well but this guy just NEVER performs, for whatever reason. A baffling signing (particularly for that money, and particularly as we must have been VERY keen to nick him off Everton at the last minute.)

Haha, sort of. The others were all crap tonight as well but this guy just NEVER performs, for whatever reason. A baffling signing (particularly for that money, and particularly as we must have been VERY keen to nick him off Everton at the last minute.

I don't disagree, I was massively against it happening.

However.... it just seems like we play him in a way that makes him look worse than he is. We know he's not shite, as he generally played well for Newcastle (often being their stand-out player) and France.

I don't disagree, I was massively against it happening.

However.... it just seems like we play him in a way that makes him look worse than he is. We know he's not shite, as he generally played well for Newcastle (often being their stand-out player) and France.

Hmmm, that's not the opinion my Toon mates have of him. Turned up once in a blue moon usually when they were on the telly, they seemed to reckon. Couldnt wait to get shot of him. Did very well at the Euros, granted.

I want *every* player who pulls on the Spurs shirt to be a success but I just cant see how this fella fits in the current setup.

Back
Top Bottom