Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm 95 % certain he was signed as primarily a winger/right sided attacking midfield option. We'll just have to disagree about that one. Versatility probably didn't hurt his cause when we decided to sign him though, but I'd be terrified to see him start for us as a CM.

Any frustrations about the manager belongs in-house, not in the papers. Good that he's self critical, but that's a separate issue.

Well its touche as far as Im concerned

Mauricio Pochettino says Moussa Sissoko is falling short of expectations

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander....if we have an in-house critique policy, then it should filter down from the top

Only difference is that Moussa Sissoko is not the boss. It's not a democracy. If Poch comes out and encourages players to criticize him in public, then I'll change my stance on Sissoko's moaning.

Only it is a democracy

:dembelewtf:

The same reason why Rose can go and criticise the squad and our transfer policy on talksport

Not really. Of course, losing the dressing room will almost certainly cost Poch his job, but he's not relying on his players to like him all of the time.

Have nooooo idea what the losing the dressing room comment is about....anywaaaaay

Have you ever considered that he may have done the interview with Pochs blessing, and that because you dont like it, doesnt mean Pochettino minds him speaking freely.

I didnt like what Rose said.....Im not going to sit here and talk about how he´s broken codes and shouldnt be excercising his democratic rights to freedom of speech just because he plays for a football team.

He said something I didnt like, he has a right to say it though, now matter how disrespectful to his teammates I think it was. Maybe the players or Levy couldnt give a fuck though. No big deal.

Last edited:
Have you ever considered that he may have done the interview with Pochs blessing, and that because you dont like it, doesnt mean Pochettino minds him speaking freely.

I didnt like what Rose said.....Im not going to sit here and talk about how he´s broken codes and shouldnt be excercising his democratic rights to freedom of speech just because he plays for a football team.

He said something I didnt like, he has a right to say it though, now matter how disrespectful to his teammates I think it was. Maybe the players or Levy couldnt give a fuck though. No big deal.
In the end it's all speculation. I think Sissoko has burned his bridges now. Would be very surprised to see him play for us again.

I only saw some very innocent quotes from Rose's interview. What did he say that was so terrible?

In the end it's all speculation. I think Sissoko has burned his bridges now. Would be very surprised to see him play for us again.

I only saw some very innocent quotes from Rose's interview. What did he say that was so terrible?
I think Sissoko was done regardless....he clearly wants to play for France in 2018 so needs out to to that.

The Rose interview was not a massive thing, I just found it really unnecessary to talk about the team "must be better" and we need a marquee signing and poor squad depth, and playing down our injuries this season with comments like "imagine if Dele and Eriksen got injured".....what about everyone else that DID get injured and the back up that covered them quite brilliantly.

All on the back of winning 12 of the last 13 games WITHOUT him....weak depth? We didn't miss Rose because Davies was brilliant.

Doesn't Winks deserve a shot next season then? Kid looks marquee enough from where I'm sitting.

But like I said, that's his opinion and his right.

Winks will be some player, can't wait until he's back. Keeps us ticking over nicely and always passing forward, reminds me a little of Modric.

But like I said, that's his opinion and his right.
Definitely his right, but in the context of being a Tottenham player it can influence his standing with the hierarchy. I don't think that will be the case with Rose and his interview, but Sissoko did himself no favours (all from my arm chair position of course). But I agree with you, he was probably on the way out anyway.

still cannot understand who wanted him surely this was a Levy signing signing same as van der vaart and he thought it would be a nice present for pochettino .Sissoko is a very limited skilled player he has poor control, has no crossing ability and rarely beats his man if he was brought in to be a winger then someone needs sacking .as someone said on here he could play centre midfield no thanks he doesn't have the ability to pick a pass and generally loses the ball to much .get rid Asap as hes not going to improve at all and i can see him causing trouble within the club if he doesn't get his own way.

I don't know what you mean by "banished to the stands".

Being a model professional is nothing to do with skill or form, it's about behaviour and discipline. Likewise, there's no such thing as "falling out of fair" with Poch - he picks his team based on ability and Sissoko is in the same position he has been all season - the bench.

He played in most of our games this season (36 apps), taking into account that retrospective red, so we know that he at no point has been "banished" at all.

From Sport Witness:

The French newspaper put it to Sissoko that he and Pochettino haven’t exactly hit it off, to which the midfielder replied: “I wish there was better communication.”

On being banished to the stands at the end of November, Sissoko said: “I won’t dwell on it but it wasn’t because of my performance on the pitch. There was a misunderstanding between us, it was settled.”

Tottenham player hints at exit, Poch 'misunderstanding', poor communication with manager - Sport Witness

I think Sissoko could be ok in a defensive midfielder role. Like Dier, Wanyama. He's, big, long and strong, fast. If he's got the head for it. Probably he's passing isn't good enough, but with a player like Winks beside him in charge of the passing I'm sure he would keep a steady starting place in a Championship club, or the Dutch league.

He seems like a nice honest guy, but it's clear that he doesn't play his best football in our system, and our matchday squad isn't improved by his presence.

Despite that, he seems to have fitted in well and has put in the effort. He's not caused a fuss, and has been a model professional all season.

Thanks Moussa, sorry it could work out, but I agree you need to move to regain your place in the French NT.

His signing was bizarre quite frankly. Hopefully lesson learned and we make more of an effort to get targets we actually want rather than last minute panic buys

From Sport Witness:

The French newspaper put it to Sissoko that he and Pochettino haven’t exactly hit it off, to which the midfielder replied: “I wish there was better communication.”

On being banished to the stands at the end of November, Sissoko said: “I won’t dwell on it but it wasn’t because of my performance on the pitch. There was a misunderstanding between us, it was settled.”

Tottenham player hints at exit, Poch 'misunderstanding', poor communication with manager - Sport Witness

That article is full of bad translation and has been spun badly.

He didn't say "I wish there was better communication", he said he hopes Pochettino is honest with his agent when they meet. It's wildly out of context.

Again, he wasn't "banished to the stands" as that article has invented, he was dropped for the Chelsea game due to form and fitness. He was neither "banished" not was he "in the stands".

Are clickbait articles verbatim in this thread?

He's not a footballer, he's an athlete. Probably great at running the 800m, but not so good when it comes to kicking a football (or controlling it even).

You say:

he was dropped for the Chelsea game due to form and fitness.

Sissoko is quoted as saying:

"I won’t dwell on it but it wasn’t because of my performance on the pitch. There was a misunderstanding between us, it was settled.”

How do you know he was dropped for form and fitness? Sissoko himself appears to contradict you. Or are you suggesting the quote is invented?

You say:

Sissoko is quoted as saying:

"I won’t dwell on it but it wasn’t because of my performance on the pitch. There was a misunderstanding between us, it was settled.”

How do you know he was dropped for form and fitness? Sissoko himself appears to contradict you. Or are you suggesting the quote is invented?

Because Pochettino explained why - which matches with what Sissoko says - that it was due to his training not being at a level he expected. GK has said the same - Poch expects his team to train to a certain level in order to play. Sissoko wasn't and he explained as much at the time.

I trust the combined quotes of the team, not a translation of French that is used in a click bait article.

We've seen what Poch did to Townsend (and others) - he'd hardly drop Sissoko for just one game if there was an issue.

Back
Top Bottom