Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another good show today, solid and positive play

I haven't seen today, but this is what I like to hear. No-one thinks he's a world beater, but a lovely assist for Kane against Burnley, managed to stand in well for Alderweireld against Madrid, and more positives like today are just what his confidence needs.

I think Aurier staking a starting XI more often will aid the good relationship there with Moussa too!

I haven't seen today, but this is what I like to hear. No-one thinks he's a world beater, but a lovely assist for Kane against Burnley, managed to stand in well for Alderweireld against Madrid, and more positives like today are just what his confidence needs.

I think Aurier staking a starting XI more often will aid the good relationship there with Moussa too!
His defensive work is a bit underrated tbf. Always one of the first back home when needed and plays good cover for Aurier when he goes on adventures forward. His chasing and pressing on the opposition is also decent.

Was good today, but the wide open game suited him. Hasn't changed my opinion that he is an ok squad player who has a shocker every now and then. Should primarily be playing in counter attacking games.

Was good today, but the wide open game suited him. Hasn't changed my opinion that he is an ok squad player who has a shocker every now and then. Should primarily be playing in counter attacking games.
People keep banging on, and on, and on about this as if anyone ever suggested he should be a fixture in the lineup. No one pops into the Vorm thread to say "he's an ok backup keeper" twice a week. Forget about the price tag, he's a squad player, and a pretty good one at that.

People keep banging on, and on, and on about this as if anyone ever suggested he should be a fixture in the lineup. No one pops into the Vorm thread to say "he's an ok backup keeper" twice a week. Forget about the price tag, he's a squad player, and a pretty good one at that.
It’s open for debate because he gets regular minutes in the first team. Vorm doesn’t.

And his price tag and wages could have gone on a better player, or on higher wages for other squad members, so to disregard this isn’t that possible.

It’s open for debate because he gets regular minutes in the first team. Vorm doesn’t.

And his price tag and wages could have gone on a better player, or on higher wages for other squad members, so to disregard this isn’t that possible.
Sissoko gets a lot of minutes because other parts of our central midfield have either been out longterm with injuries, fighting minor injuries that refuse to go away or forced into playing as defenders because one of our centerbacks is also out injured. He is literally doing what you sign a squad player to do. Plug the gaps.

Sissoko gets a lot of minutes because other parts of our central midfield have either been out longterm with injuries, fighting minor injuries that refuse to go away or forced into playing as defenders because one of our centerbacks is also out injured. He is literally doing what you sign a squad player to do. Plug the gaps.
I agree with that, you are correct. He’s a decent squad player, which is what most people on here are saying. I was just pointing out that you don’t see that written about Vorm because he doesn’t play.

Support the team

Support the players

Trust the manager he knows best he sees him in training everyday

What we say on the forum matters to the players

But not with Sissoko. Scrap all the above because in this case TFC knows better than Poch and slating a player is all ok again.

This place at its finest.
I am guilty. I now have s moderate view of Sissoko, see earlier post, but i’m sure I’ve been cuntable in the past.

I agree with that, you are correct. He’s a decent squad player, which is what most people on here are saying. I was just pointing out that you don’t see that written about Vorm because he doesn’t play.
I can acknowledge that, but were Hugo to be out injuries for an extended time it wouldn't be logical to slate Vorm for not being a #1 caliber keeper - that isn't his role.

As far as the price tag and wages on Sissoko, that's something that's in the past. We wanted more from him when we signed him - but now we're making the best of what we got. I'm a fan of Sissoko, and I would trade him for Isco in a heartbeat. But until we spend the money on a player at that level, Sissoko is as good a squad player for that role as we're going to get.

Last edited:
Hugo's made about 15 mistakes this season alone.
I can't remember Sissoko making any
Lets not pretend that Sissoko is an infallible player that doesn't make mistakes. Thing is he rectifies them 8 times out of 10 by either regaining the ball or by doing something to disrupt play for the opposition. Hugo plays in a role were mistakes are much more costly.

It's apples and oranges

Hugo's made about 15 mistakes this season alone.
I can't remember Sissoko making any
Classic sammytroll - he has now picked a less popular player to support relentlessly and show what a true uber Spurs fan he really is. Well untiui the next average Dele game when he’ll default back to calling him a useless cunt. Only a deluded fool would argue Sissoko is good enough for us - then again you need to scoop ever so low for your predictable trolling agenda

Classic sammytroll - he has now picked a less popular player to support relentlessly and show what a true uber Spurs fan he really is. Well untiui the next average Dele game when he’ll default back to calling him a useless cunt. Only a deluded fool would argue Sissoko is good enough for us - then again you need to scoop ever so low for your predictable trolling agenda
Depends on how you define good enough. Good enough to be a regular starter for us and a given fixture in our first 11? Nah. But he is good enough to be a squad player for us. Every team have these sets of players that operate on a level below their given team and come in to plug the gaps when needed. Fellaini is a fantastic example of this. Not your typical United player but he comes on and plays whatever part he is asked to play and does so admirably when needed.

Depends on how you define good enough. Good enough to be a regular starter for us and a given fixture in our first 11? Nah. But he is good enough to be a squad player for us. Every team have these sets of players that operate on a level "below" their given team and come in to plug the gaps when needed. Fellaini is a fantastic example of this. Not your typical United player but he comes on and plays whatever part he is asked to play and does so admirably when needed.
Sissoko is poor, mate sorry. I have nothing against the guy and hope he goes on to have a good career elsewhere but technically extremely limited - basically Livermore with a bit of pace. We left that calibre or player behind 6-8 years ago. Plenty of quality in the market if we need to replace.

Poch thinks he's good enough for us so you think you know more than Poch you agenda driven cunt fuck off fuck off fuck off fuck off gooner troll maggot RAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Where's my lego it's Christmas waaaaaaahhhhhhh

Poch thinks he's good enough for us so you think you know more than Poch you agenda driven cunt fuck off fuck off fuck off fuck off gooner troll maggot RAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Where's my lego it's Christmas waaaaaaahhhhhhh
Rattled, cunto - nice and proper. Hope your meltdown this time lasts at least 6 months.

Lets not pretend that Sissoko is an infallible player that doesn't make mistakes. Thing is he rectifies them 8 times out of 10 by either regaining the ball or by doing something to disrupt play for the opposition. Hugo plays in a role were mistakes are much more costly.

It's apples and oranges

Sissoko is far from infallible but I'm sick to death of people jumping on the fact he miscontrolled a ball, and saying nothing when Sanchez and Lloris combine to concede a goal from fuck all.

People seem to be patting themselves on the back because they worked out all by themselves that our back up is not as good as our first choice.

FUCKING WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!!

Fucking place is crawling with Steven Hawking type genius fucks isn't it.

Bravo....you all saw that Wanyama is better than Sissoko.

Now in you own words "WE GET IT!!! Why do you have to say it 50 times a day!!!!!!"

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom