Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our 'support' at games is becoming so tedious - just thousands of people slagging off Sissoko for absolutely everything.

People yesterday weren't even following Poch's tactical changes and kept on having a go at him for not being on the right wing in the second half - despite the fact he'd clearly been asked to play in centre midfield.

Then everyone boos every sub that doesn't involve him leaving the pitch, without ever taking into account that perhaps we are going to need players like Son and Dembele for United, Scum, Juve, Liverpool, etc so running them into the ground isn't the best idea.
giphy.gif

He was not the worst player on the pitch by a country mile yesterday. You can look to Son for that - he was completely non existent and that be put down to the Southampton defence who from what I saw just got really tight to him taking him out the game.

Not the players fault we were stupid enough to pay 30m for him, but as a player he is a throwback to midfield we had in the 90's. He is nowhere near good enough and has had enough game time to prove his value to the team.

Fed up with seeing him failing to control a pass and mis placing passes, even over 10 yards....yesterday a simple ball into aurier over 15 yards resulted in aurier having to stop his run to collect the ball. Pathetic.

Our 'support' at games is becoming so tedious - just thousands of people slagging off Sissoko for absolutely everything.

People yesterday weren't even following Poch's tactical changes and kept on having a go at him for not being on the right wing in the second half - despite the fact he'd clearly been asked to play in centre midfield.

Then everyone boos every sub that doesn't involve him leaving the pitch, without ever taking into account that perhaps we are going to need players like Son and Dembele for United, Scum, Juve, Liverpool, etc so running them into the ground isn't the best idea.

Why let things like facts and reality get in the way of a good old fucking winge. It's much easier to regurgitate second hand narrative than it is to come up with your own opinion.

I've come to the realisation that certain people just like to moan, and if you give them a scapegoat its easier to flog that than it is to find some new target every game.

Rose has been there, as has Son, going back players like Walker, Paulinho, Townsend, Naughton, BAE at the start. Lamela is still a target for most.

I'm not saying that some of these players didnt deserve criticism, or that they clearly weren't good enough at the time, but certain players get a reputation and that's it, game after game.

Even if they have a good game they're fucked, because some fans enjoy having someone to tear to pieces.

If you're Sissoko and you get shit whether you have a bad game or not, then what's your motivation to improve?

giphy.gif

He was not the worst player on the pitch by a country mile yesterday. You can look to Son for that - he was completely non existent and that be put down to the Southampton defence who from what I saw just got really tight to him taking him out the game.

Son has always been inconsistent and unfortunately seems to have off games when we really need him.

Why let things like facts and reality get in the way of a good old fucking winge. It's much easier to regurgitate second hand narrative than it is to come up with your own opinion.

I've come to the realisation that certain people just like to moan, and if you give them a scapegoat its easier to flog that than it is to find some new target every game.

Rose has been there, as has Son, going back players like Walker, Paulinho, Townsend, Naughton, BAE at the start. Lamela is still a target for most.

I'm not saying that some of these players didnt deserve criticism, or that they clearly weren't good enough at the time, but certain players get a reputation and that's it, game after game.

Even if they have a good game they're fucked, because some fans enjoy having someone to tear to pieces.

If you're Sissoko and you get shit whether you have a bad game or not, then what's your motivation to improve?

It’s frustrating to watch a bloke who can’t play football play for us. After my initial rant when we signed him I’ve kept quiet, but it’s easy to see why some observers criticise him. He has no skill, no technique. The way he sets his body to deliver a 5 yard backward pass looks robotic, and is easy for the opposition to counter.

I don’t enjoy having someone to tear to pieces, but more measured criticism of the player is justified imo.

He’s a terrible footballer. A testament to fitness over skill in the modern game. Not his fault though, it’s Poch’s fault for picking him.

Fitness is ultimately the most important and most underrated attribute - Sissoko for all his short comings is better than every single injured player in world football.

Fitness is ultimately the most important and most underrated attribute - Sissoko for all his short comings is better than every single injured player in world football.
A smart player will always outperform a “beast”. Kane is not fast and i can see him playing at a very high level until 35-36 years. Sissoko is one bij injury or a couple more years of being done as player in a top league

My point was that super fit players are more likely to feature in modern football than super skilful players - not injured players. And I think you knew that.

A smart player will always outperform a “beast”. Kane is not fast and i can see him playing at a very high level until 35-36 years. Sissoko is one bij injury or a couple more years of being done as player in a top league

You've misunderstood my point.

Being fit / available to play is the most important attribute - not strength or stamina.

Sissoko is never injured, that's why he plays so much for us.

You've misunderstood my point.

Being fit / available to play is the most important attribute - not strength or stamina.

Sissoko is never injured, that's why he plays so much for us.
This is very much apparent this season. Last season we had almost no injuries in the midfield. This season we've had Wanyama and Lamela out for most of the fall and Winks and Dembéle on and off. And Dier had to sub in the defence for a while as well.

Son has always been inconsistent and unfortunately seems to have off games when we really need him.
I like Son, I'm a big fan but as you say can be incosistent and have an off game when we really need him. The big loss yesterday was Eriksen. It was one of those games that was just begging for someone to be able to thread through a lovely pass into the box for someone to get that much needed goal. The weather was atrocious in turn making it almost impossible for anyone who hasn't got pinpoint accuracy to get that ball where it was needed.

I like Son, I'm a big fan but as you say can be incosistent and have an off game when we really need him. The big loss yesterday was Eriksen. It was one of those games that was just begging for someone to be able to thread through a lovely pass into the box for someone to get that much needed goal. The weather was atrocious in turn making it almost impossible for anyone who hasn't got pinpoint accuracy to get that ball where it was needed.
And the terrible pitch reduced both teams to mediocrity - which helped them more than us.

giphy.gif

Why after every game does someone have to point out a player that was worse than Sissoko. The bar is so low that him not being the worst player on the pitch is some kind of achievement, at least with Son on the pitch we know he has the ability to produce a bit of magic at some point in the game, Sissoko in a year and a half has shown us that he....can run a bit. He's just not good enough for this team, thats why fans are on his back even if he's not literally the worst performer on that given day.

And the terrible pitch reduced both teams to mediocrity - which helped them more than us.
It was definitely a case of that. The pitch suited teams that like to be a bit more physical lets just say rather than playing nice football but we should also have that side in us. You can't win every game with tippy tappy one touch passing.

Why after every game does someone have to point out a player that was worse than Sissoko. The bar is so low that him not being the worst player on the pitch is some kind of achievement, at least with Son on the pitch we know he has the ability to produce a bit of magic at some point in the game, Sissoko in a year and a half has shown us that he....can run a bit. He's just not good enough for this team, thats why fans are on his back even if he's not literally the worst performer on that given day.
I pointed it out because on the day the criticism wasn't warranted. At times he has frustrated the god damn life out of me but yesteray he was one of the better players.

It’s frustrating to watch a bloke who can’t play football play for us. After my initial rant when we signed him I’ve kept quiet, but it’s easy to see why some observers criticise him. He has no skill, no technique. The way he sets his body to deliver a 5 yard backward pass looks robotic, and is easy for the opposition to counter.

I don’t enjoy having someone to tear to pieces, but more measured criticism of the player is justified imo.

Oh completely. Don't get me wrong i'm not a fan at all, he is nothing more than a blunt instrument at best, give him the ball in space so he can run with it, with the ball travelling further and further out of his control with every step.

My point is he wasn't our worst player yesterday but will have got 99% of the abuse.

I'd like to hope that he has the ability to improve, no matter how unlikely that is. So screaming obscenities at him at every opportunity even when he's had an "average" game isn't helpful in that regard. It's not gonna stop Poch from playing him when we need cover either. It's only done to serve the individual dishing it out.

I know he's shit, everyone stood around me knows he's shit, even Sissoko himself probably knows he's shit.
All that the bloke, who looks like a vein in his head is gonna pop every time Sissoko touches the ball, is achieving is pissing off everyone who is unfortunate enough to be sat near him.

I pay my money.... yadda yadda.

Back
Top Bottom