Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good way to judge a player is to choose whether you would want him in your team or would rather play against him?
Some players its easy to choose, with Sissoko Im not sure.
He plays all the right passes, makes all the right runs but not necessary in the right order?

A good way to judge a player is to choose whether you would want him in your team or would rather play against him?
Some players its easy to choose, with Sissoko Im not sure.
He plays all the right passes, makes all the right runs but not necessary in the right order?
It's a fucking easy decision for me. I'd much rather play against him than have him in our side.

It's a fucking easy decision for me. I'd much rather play against him than have him in our side.
Playing football, you want a player like him with you rather than against. He is the type of player that could get better under his own self management rather than being coached. Drogba, was a perfect example of this.
Im losing a little patiences with him although he's not as bad as you and others are trying to suggest he is. He did well in the CL for us, playing in front of Aurier. He does need to sort his feet out and he's decision making-although its getting better. I will still give him benefit of the doubt and would want him in the side/squad.

Really don't want to be negative about one of our players but even with no replacement I'd be delighted if we sold him even for £2m. Worst case recall Onumah and give him the minutes Sissoko's currently taking.

Playing football, you want a player like him with you rather than against. He is the type of player that could get better under his own self management rather than being coached. Drogba, was a perfect example of this.
Im losing a little patiences with him although he's not as bad as you and others are trying to suggest he is. He did well in the CL for us, playing in front of Aurier. He does need to sort his feet out and he's decision making-although its getting better. I will still give him benefit of the doubt and would want him in the side/squad.
I'm sorry, but this is complete fantasy. He's 28 fucking years old; he's not an academy graduate that's going to suddenly kick on into another gear due to "self management". He's a known quantity at this point.

Sissoko is what happens when you purchase a player based primarily on his performance in an international tournament, and ignore his entire club career history.

Last edited:
I'd like to hope that he has the ability to improve, no matter how unlikely that is. So screaming obscenities at him at every opportunity even when he's had an "average" game isn't helpful in that regard. It's not gonna stop Poch from playing him when we need cover either. It's only done to serve the individual dishing it out.

I know he's shit, everyone stood around me knows he's shit, even Sissoko himself probably knows he's shit.
All that the bloke, who looks like a vein in his head is gonna pop every time Sissoko touches the ball, is achieving is pissing off everyone who is unfortunate enough to be sat near him.

I pay my money.... yadda yadda.
there's always at least one, hurling abuse, one comment even more ignorant than the following. You just hope that he doesnt have a season ticket or you're screwed for a long time ... I have one of those behind me (throbbing vein and all that) at my hometeam, all he does is scream and shout the same stupid things over and over again. He's a bloody mountain too so nobody really challenges him and some of us have seen what he tends to do to those that had the courage to challenge him.

Sorry drogba cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as Sissoko, Drogba had incredible technical ability along with a great physique. Sissoko has little to no technical ability and that is not going to change at the age of 28.

There are some opposition players that you really don't want to get the ball on a break, you literally shit yourself when the ball is on the way to their feet... Sissoko isn't one of them.

Seems a nice lad by all accounts and doesn't deserve abuse hurled at him, this helps nobody.

Frustrating player that gets more groans from me than any other player. He loses control, cannot shoot and far too often slows play down by making a simple back pass to someone in a worse position than him. However I can fully understand Poch playing him yesterday when some players were 'under the weather' for his running power. Although I would have subbed him, towards the end he was still running strong when others were flagging.
If he leaves I will not be fussed as long as replaced but if he stays can still see a function for him but is better in a more defensive role.

Our 'support' at games is becoming so tedious - just thousands of people slagging off Sissoko for absolutely everything.

People yesterday weren't even following Poch's tactical changes and kept on having a go at him for not being on the right wing in the second half - despite the fact he'd clearly been asked to play in centre midfield.

Then everyone boos every sub that doesn't involve him leaving the pitch, without ever taking into account that perhaps we are going to need players like Son and Dembele for United, Scum, Juve, Liverpool, etc so running them into the ground isn't the best idea.
I don't think it's even a recent thing, I remember years ago a guy behind me went on a 10 minute tirade about how Gomes was utterly useless and was the reason we were losing this particular game, until it was pointed out to him that Gomes wasn't in goal that day.

I'm sorry, but this is complete fantasy. He's 28 fucking years old; he's not an academy graduate that's going to suddenly kick on into another gear due to "self management". He's a known quantity at this point.

Sissoko is what happens when you purchase a player based primarily on his performance in an international tournament, and ignore his entire club career history.
He produce a performance at the Euros that warranted a 30K price tag. but we all knew it was exceptional for him to play as he did. The gamble is trying too get that form back.

I think Im right in saying he has appeared in more games than any other player in the squad this season. That include coming on as sub.

Not every player in the 11 can be world beaters.
What you fail to understand that is its not always about the end product from a player but his overall performance over 90 mins. Alli can't hit a barn door at the minute, is he awful?
When Sissoko plays, an opposition player will be taken out off the game having to deal with him regardless how he's playing. I used to hate playing against a Sissoko type of player because you can never rest against him. On occasions he will have a blinder and will have a good game-this needs to be more consistent., I agree.
I feel he has got better since he's been with us and yes 28 you can still improve.

He produce a performance at the Euros that warranted a 30K price tag. but we all knew it was exceptional for him to play as he did. The gamble is trying too get that form back.

I think Im right in saying he has appeared in more games than any other player in the squad this season. That include coming on as sub.

Not every player in the 11 can be world beaters.
What you fail to understand that is its not always about the end product from a player but his overall performance over 90 mins. Alli can't hit a barn door at the minute, is he awful?
When Sissoko plays, an opposition player will be taken out off the game having to deal with him regardless how he's playing. I .

I think the reverse. The oppo will be wary of our game changers - Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane. I'd be marking them tight, but giving Sissoko space so that he gets the ball because he can't hurt you. His passing and control are worse, he doesn't score very often. I applaud his effort, but that's only really notable because there's not much else positive to latch onto.

It's like having Zokora all over again. The one who didn't score a single goal in 134 games. The only player at Spurs I've ever seen subbed on 30 mins with no injury/red card/formation change. It really is a waste of a squad place at a time when we are bit thin. In those days we would swoon for a EUFA place, but now we've been the only title challengers last 2 years, it's very different.

And I wouldn't dream of slagging him off while he's playing for us btw.

I think the reverse. The oppo will be wary of our game changers - Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane. I'd be marking them tight, but giving Sissoko space so that he gets the ball because he can't hurt you. His passing and control are worse, he doesn't score very often. I applaud his effort, but that's only really notable because there's not much else positive to latch onto.

It's like having Zokora all over again. The one who didn't score a single goal in 134 games. The only player at Spurs I've ever seen subbed on 30 mins with no injury/red card/formation change. It really is a waste of a squad place at a time when we are bit thin. In those days we would swoon for a EUFA place, but now we've been the only title challengers last 2 years, it's very different.

And I wouldn't dream of slagging him off while he's playing for us btw.
But Pippo did not talk about Moussa from a offensive perspective, but a defensive one.

A completely baffling blight on Poch's managerial career now. I will never understand why we purchased him and I will never understand how he still gets game time.

Hmm not trying to make a point, but I think he was pretty decent at Toulouse and half of a season after that at Newcastle? If I remember correctly, people were saying he's like a cheaper version of Yaya Toure, who was a pretty good player at that time.

Back
Top Bottom