Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Came on here exoecting to read its Sissokos fault Liverpool lost tonight.
I love his work rate, but everything else is Championship level. Sell in the summer. I don't get why Poch loves him so much.

A completely baffling blight on Poch's managerial career now. I will never understand why we purchased him and I will never understand how he still gets game time.
He warrants his place when chosen. I feel hes better when we are not expecting to domanate like in the CL. He good at taking pressure of us by running with the ball. Dembele I find more frustrating than him.

I don't think Sissoko was ever a Poch purchase- seemed way more like a Levy purchase- especially with Newcastle on the brink of bankruptcy at the time. The shame of it all was that he was purchased as a wide-attacker yet had spent the vast majority of his career in a central midfield position. I don't know exactly who bought into his "brilliance" for France during that world cup run, but, having watched a lot of those "highlights", I never really saw much evidence of any real technique or attacking prowess. Mostly looked like he did a lot running, some of which was done down the right hand side of the pitch with few to no defenders attempting a challenge.
At the time, we probably could have gotten Pulisic for less money and wages. Ouch...

He did fine on Sunday. Some need to re calibrate their expectations for him. He's not Pogba but he's not fucking Mark Noble either.

Maybe I'm forgetting some of the low-lights of Noble's career, but I feel like Noble would be better for our squad than Sissoko is.

I'm still rooting for Sissoko to improve, I'm just not expecting much.
My hope is that he has a run of good games and Levy somehow cons some French or Italian club into breaking us even on his transfer fee. I guess it could happen...

Thinking about Sissoko, as you do, he will never be your cultured football player. If people want him to be, your always will be disappointed in him. My only disappointment with him, he doesn't score the odd goal that would make a difference. He does get himself into some great positions, more so than some of the other players who people seem to have blind faith. He will fluff his lines in front of goal, get the winner against Utd and all is forgiven.

He has definitely got some qualities. Defensively and physically. For mediocre teams he could be brilliant. For us, though, he just doesn't do what we need (except when he bails out that shit right back friend of his). The number of minutes he's played for us this season explains our league position. That, Dele's poor form, and our injuries.

He has definitely got some qualities. Defensively and physically. For mediocre teams he could be brilliant. For us, though, he just doesn't do what we need (except when he bails out that shit right back friend of his). The number of minutes he's played for us this season explains our league position. That, Dele's poor form, and our injuries.
No. Injuries that have stretched our squad explain our position in the table.

I get that it is easy to blame our position on Sissoko but that is far from the truth. He and Dier are the only two midfielders outside of the attacking line that manages to stay fit for the entire season so far. Of course he is going to end up playing when the rest are out injured

I actually disagree as the sweeper DM role these days needs good ball control, good positional awareness and the ability to spot a measured safe pass. Defensive wise he's good for that position but i'm afraid that he's a liability under pressure. If the DM loses the ball that means the oppo will come running at the CB. I prefer a DM with better feet and awareness
There is this mentality that still exists only in english football that only attackers are supposed to be technical players.

Modern football demands even GKs CBs to be technically good enough and take part in attacks build up plays.

Technically limited footballers simply have no place in modern football, they should just shift to other sports.

There is this mentality that still exists only in english football that only attackers are supposed to be technical players.

Modern football demands even GKs CBs to be technically good enough and take part in attacks build up plays.

Technically limited footballers simply have no place in modern football, they should just shift to other sports.

You should consider doing the same.

That's true, people often confuse technical with dribbling skills too. It's all about ball control, speed of movement, first touch and weight and measure of passing. Still too many athletes and not enough ballers in the game.

Look at our defenders, we select ballers over athletes and that has benefited us a lot in recent years.

dumb comment
this has been a mantra in football for for years, not something that was invented 5 minutes ago.

This is why Beckenbauer and Moore were so revered in their day, as were attacking overlapping fullbacks and midfielders like Dave MacKay

The range of skills and technical ability differs entirely for a centre back and an out and out striker however, and trying to suggest that the positions should be virtually interchangeable is nonsense.

The closest anyone got to that model were the Dutch team in the 70's, and that was because they were blessed with a crop of incredibly talented, thinking players who could play to a fluid system.

Even the Brazilian sides of the 60's and 70's had a marked difference in skillsets between team responsibilities, but they were all technically gifted in their own way.

Try learning the game before you spout trite and banal comments like that, as if it were some gifted insight.

dumb comment
this has been a mantra in football for for years, not something that was invented 5 minutes ago.

This is why Beckenbauer and Moore were so revered in their day, as were attacking overlapping fullbacks and midfielders like Dave MacKay

The range of skills and technical ability differs entirely for a centre back and an out and out striker however, and trying to suggest that the positions should be virtually interchangeable is nonsense.

The closest anyone got to that model were the Dutch team in the 70's, and that was because they were blessed with a crop of incredibly talented, thinking players who could play to a fluid system.

Even the Brazilian sides of the 60's and 70's had a marked difference in skillsets between team responsibilities, but they were all technically gifted in their own way.

Try learning the game before you spout trite and banal comments like that, as if it were some gifted insight.
Another proof you understand fuck all about modern football.

I never mentioned strikers and defenders should have the same level of technical skill and even interchange their positions.

Plz reread my post and Belgianspur's before you further embarrass yourself.

Did you even take your pills today?

Ah the joy of not reading content of a post but just seeing from who it comes - rather discredit the source than try to understand the message.

I must agree with mindblown here, Mick - you didn't read his post nor try to understand what he was trying to say. Every position has its unique skill requirements but there is a base level that is required on every single position nowadays. Look at the biggest and most succesful clubs around. Every single player has a technical ability that is top notch and that means being able to have a good first touch, upper body control, measured passing and handling speed with the ball. That doesn't mean everyone needs to be able to dribble, have superb shooting skills nor give a perfect long ball etc.

Your idea of cleansing would have banished Drogba-he never won anything ?

Are you again trying to insinuate Drogba had limited technical ability?

Yes-he had no football brain-all brawn.
He was really awful when he first appeared and improved with time. He played in a well oiled machine that allowed him to miss 10 shots then get the 11th. He was difficult to play against because he keeps going and this is where Sissokos strengths are, he keeps going.

IThe idea of players not being able t

Yes-he had no football brain-all brawn.
He was really awful when he first appeared and improved with time. He played in a well oiled machine that allowed him to miss 10 shots then get the 11th. He was difficult to play against because he keeps going and this is where Sissokos strengths are, he keeps going.

Like Forrest Gump

Another proof you understand fuck all about modern football.

I never mentioned strikers and defenders should have the same level of technical skill and even interchange their positions.

Plz reread my post and Belgianspur's before you further embarrass yourself.

Did you even take your pills today?
Is this your constant response, insults about my age and a fascination for my medication? And what do you think modern football is, a new game? The last I saw it was still a game of eleven a side, two goals and the team who scores the most wins. Fitness and training has improved, but skill is still skill.
Read your own post , I responded to what you typed - yet you hold me to blame because it wasn't what you wanted to say.
Maybe it's you that has an issue to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom