Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobodies comparing him to city players....Compared to the rest of our squad he's quite clearly the weak link, it's really not hard to see why he gets slagged off. How long are you going to give him to prove us all wrong then? He's already had a year and half and in that time all he's shown is that he runs around a bit.
I mentioned City because people seem to use them as their bar. Unless we have players of that calibre we re doomed. I try to see what the player brings to the 11 and Sissoko is doing he's bit. Yes he could be better and yes so could other players.

My gripe is not being a Sissoko fan , its being peeved with players getting slagged. We had this with Son, Kane, All and so on. How are these players being judged-if not against other teams?
He is not the best player in the squad, I agree. He does frustrate me although my expectations of him is what we get. I would like more and am waiting for it to happen rather than curiosities. We have games to win and he will play his part.
How long do we give Dembele? He has more "Tech ability" than Sissoko and under performing Big time.

I mentioned City because people seem to use them as their bar. Unless we have players of that calibre we re doomed. I try to see what the player brings to the 11 and Sissoko is doing he's bit. Yes he could be better and yes so could other players.

My gripe is not being a Sissoko fan , its being peeved with players getting slagged. We had this with Son, Kane, All and so on. How are these players being judged-if not against other teams?
He is not the best player in the squad, I agree. He does frustrate me although my expectations of him is what we get. I would like more and am waiting for it to happen rather than curiosities. We have games to win and he will play his part.
How long do we give Dembele? He has more "Tech ability" than Sissoko and under performing Big time.
I think we need a long term replacement for Dembele because his injuries are going to become more frequent and he's not getting younger, even so give me an off form dembele over Sissoko any day of the week. I haven't seen anyone comparing Sissoko to man city midfielders, he's being compared to our other central midfielders and he sticks out like a sore thumb as the worst. This is a tottenham forum why can't fans vent their frustration with him consistently getting game time when he's clearly not up to scratch. I want any player that pulls on a tottenham shirt to succeed but after a year and a half, at the age of 28 and having not even been great at newcastle , I simply don't see him ever being good enough for this team.

Spot on mate

When any player pulls on our shirt after getting selected by our manager we should get behind him

I know Sissoko fucks up occasionally sometimes comically but he has heart, gives 100%, Poch rates him and he does a lot of good unselfish work
Thanks for the supported post. I do feel people look at City-for example and compare and struggle to accept where we are. We should be so proud of what we have achieved so far, its off the scale as far as Im concerned. Sissoko is here, we have games to play..COYS

A SUPPORTER:
  • a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team
  • a person who approves of and encourages a public figure
Not, to indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way.

Thanks for the supported post. I do feel people look at City-for example and compare and struggle to accept where we are. We should be so proud of what we have achieved so far, its off the scale as far as Im concerned. Sissoko is here, we have games to play..COYS

A SUPPORTER:
  • a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team
  • a person who approves of and encourages a public figure
Not, to indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way.

I totally agree with that and I might moan and groan at something during the game but will never slag off a player out on the pitch wearing the shirt.

However places like this, the pub after the game are the where we can freely discuss the shortcomings of any player. I am not a fan of sisokko, he has had enough game time and is simply not good enough for our squad, but of course on the pitch I want to see him prove me wrong and will quite happily accept that if it means the team is winning.

I totally agree with that and I might moan and groan at something during the game but will never slag off a player out on the pitch wearing the shirt.

However places like this, the pub after the game are the where we can freely discuss the shortcomings of any player. I am not a fan of sisokko, he has had enough game time and is simply not good enough for our squad, but of course on the pitch I want to see him prove me wrong and will quite happily accept that if it means the team is winning.

The question is how long does he get to prove himself?
I feel that many times of signings get too long to prove themselves... Look at those we bought with the Bale money for example.
Soldado given way too long before the boot just on the hope he might click.
Chadli the same, capoue, chiriches, paulinho.

Two exceptions to this are Lamela, who has had a lot of time out injured and the superlative Eriksen who has improved since joining but clearly was a cut above the others on the list.

Sissoko is out of time and tbh at his age he ain't gonna get any better.

Really important point. I think it's often assumed that if you vaguely criticise a player on TFC you're the same twat who boos players in the stands. Ain't necessarily so.

I feel that many times of signings get too long to prove themselves... Look at those we bought with the Bale money for example.

Two exceptions to this are Lamela, who has had a lot of time out injured and the superlative Eriksen who has improved since joining but clearly was a cut above the others on the list.

He’s not good enough for us - not sure why that is such a problem for many to accept. Nothing against the bloke - I’m sure he can have a decent career elsewhere

Bale was crap at one stage but was given time...............

Bit different though isn't it, because Bale had age on his side. Sissoko is a very experienced player in terms of games played and development years, he isn't going to turn into a great player at this stage. I like the guy, good effort, and if he was 5 year's younger I'd probably be saying what you're saying but he's 28, he should be peaking.

Not the best argument that Baz.
Bale was still very young & was brought along gradually.
Sissoko was bought as an experienced PL & international footballer. He shouldn’t need anywhere the same amount of time to adapt.
He still looks like he’s new to football as a sport, having had a career catching turkeys.
He is one of the players in our squad who could easily be upgraded at a cost that wouldn’t be prohibitively expensive. We overpaid for him & I would fully expect us to be able to upgrade him for that amount or less.
If we are looking at a right sided attacking midfielder, Lucas Moura is available for about £30 million & is begging for someone to come and get him from PSG.
Upgrade sorted
Genuinely wish I was wrong about him, or he would prove me wrong, but he is a weak link. It shows our lack of options that he keeps getting significant game time.

You're absolutely right and I meant to mention him but forgot in my haste to post.
He did get time you're right but he was a regular player if memory serves and always had more about him than Sissoko in terms of control etc. He only really flourished when move further forward but I feel like he the exception to the rule compared to those players I mentioned. I feel like Sissoko just isn't up to the task and he had enough time to show us what he capable of...I don't hate the guy but he makes my tummy all trembly when I see him all the team sheet like we already playing at a slight disadvantage before kick off

You're absolutely right and I meant to mention him but forgot in my haste to post.
He did get time you're right but he was a regular player if memory serves and always had more about him than Sissoko in terms of control etc. He only really flourished when move further forward but I feel like he the exception to the rule compared to those players I mentioned. I feel like Sissoko just isn't up to the task and he had enough time to show us what he capable of...I don't hate the guy but he makes my tummy all trembly when I see him all the team sheet like we already playing at a slight disadvantage before kick off

Although he was given time no one knew how he would turn out. A player will have that moment when it all changes for them for the better. No one can predict this or make it hsppens, it just does. I realise Sissoko does not demonstrate a high level of tech ability and doesn't show signs at his mature 28 age of being a complete player, he does give energy, strength , determination and pace. In the French side during the Euros he demonstrated this. Pochs job is to get the best from him every game and if that monent happens , hes playing.

Paul Stewart was around the same age and improved when moved to AM. England call up, FAC final. he wasnt our best forward we ever bought.

Although he was given time no one knew how he would turn out. A player will have that moment when it all changes for them for the better. No one can predict this or make it hsppens, it just does. I realise Sissoko does not demonstrate a high level of tech ability and doesn't show signs at his mature 28 age of being a complete player, he does give energy, strength , determination and pace. In the French side during the Euros he demonstrated this. Pochs job is to get the best from him every game and if that monent happens , hes playing.

You make a valid point but I would ask how long do you give him? He fails at the basics so often that I think his time is up.

In my opinion Bale always looked a good prospect. He had competition in BAE who was playing his best football and had this dreadful record of not being on the winning side but that was not down to him but the poor team we had at the time. However he was never crap and cannot be compared to Sissoko

In my opinion Bale always looked a good prospect. He had competition in BAE who was playing his best football and had this dreadful record of not being on the winning side but that was not down to him but the poor team we had at the time. However he was never crap and cannot be compared to Sissoko
Time = patience

The suggestion was 'time'. not ability. Allowing a player time. We all know Bale, Kane etc were young players that had time and allowed to develop and blossomed. Sissoko, its said, should be the finished player-even a player at 28 should be given time. Danny Drinkwater is 27 and is struggling to get in the Chelsea side but he will be given time to take his opportunity when it arrives-he needs to up his game. Im not suggesting years just time?

I don't understand how so much time is given to question Sissoko when players like Dembele plod along without question, Dembele has so much talent that he plays under par every week and nothing is said ?

It seems apparent to me that all this positive sissoko talk can only be attributed to this

main-qimg-d926e5b7873bc97e66696a774f193ec5-c

Back
Top Bottom