Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course you’ve nothing against me, you don’t know me. I’m a stranger on the internet.

I’m honestly not going to watch a match that by all accounts is a shambles. Life’s too short for that. I’m happy to accept that Sissoko outperformed Trippier in that match, as I’ve to take the word of people who saw it. However, I wasn’t discussing that and there’s obviously no point in saying yet again what my point was as you do seem to have defending Sissoko as your cause celebre.

It’s great that you and Poch are in the same page on him. I’m stuck on the same page as everyone else who’s ever seen him “play football”, or whatever the hell that thing he does is called.

I really hope he either turns this around or leaves ASAP, preferably option one. I don’t know anyone who wants him to fail.

Fair enough

What would you put it down to then? Dembele won’t shoot, Dier is crap,Trippier is hopeless, and Sissoko is useless. So you’re right. It’s not just his fault. The team Poch selects has no balance. He’s overly defensive.

The balance isn’t right so I agree with you but you could put that down to injuries and transfers

We miss Walker
We miss a fit Danny Rose
We miss a fit Lamela but most of all we miss Toby
Diers best position is in midfield in front of Toby

So all of those factors contribute which makes the hysteria regarding it all being Sissoko’s fault all the more laughable

The price tag was barmy, incredibly frustrating watching this player, often in disbelief particularly with his lack of control. I do think most of us have been willing for him to turn a corner and have a really good game. It hasn’t materialised & whilst he has proved an energetic disruptor he is well short of what his price tag indicates he should bring to the team. His confidence is shot, unless he suddenly has an epiphany as a player he’ll be offloaded for a massive loss in the summer, end of... a panic punt that hasn’t payed off particularly in terms of what I believe he was acquired for.

Anyone joining me on Sissoko watch tomorrow night? Am genuinely looking forward to specifically at him to see if I can genuinely decide on his quality or otherwise.
Want to see what Poch sees in him that so many others don't.
Think I might see how he compares with Dier's performance (if dier in midfield) as I like dier but sometimes he seems to get an easy ride on here compared to Sissoko.

Anyone joining me on Sissoko watch tomorrow night? Am genuinely looking forward to specifically at him to see if I can genuinely decide on his quality or otherwise.
Want to see what Poch sees in him that so many others don't.
Think I might see how he compares with Dier's performance (if dier in midfield) as I like dier but sometimes he seems to get an easy ride on here compared to Sissoko.
No.

He's just not anywhere near the technical ability needed to prosper here. He's a trier and I commend him for that, but you need more than that now at Spurs. With Llorente our most easily upgrade-able player.

Martin Tyler was laughing at his attempt which just went up in the air near the end.

I think that's half the problem now. I was there last night and what struck me is that there is clearly an air of absurdity (not sure if that's the word I'm looking for) around him. I mean the crowd laughed at the missed kick but would we have for anyone else? There was a laugh when he was like Bambi on ice in the first half too. And I understand why.

However, this is a player clearly lacking in confidence. He has the pace to try and take on players but constantly stops and checks back. Crowd reactions like yesterday are never gonna help him and it'll only take an amazing run of form to change this perception.

Most telling reaction for me was the derision his first time cross attempt to Llorente was met with in the first half. I mean it didn't come off and he definitely had time to take a touch but it wasn't a ridiculous decision. I could see what he was trying and it just didn't happen. To some in the crowd though it was like he had killed Santa and got Christmas cancelled!

One of our better guys today and got himself an assist. Almost converted to right back for a while there in the second as well so Trippier could stay up and put in crosses.

Back
Top Bottom