Nailing my colours to the mast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Point raised from this is that we've all said things and changed our minds......its just that when you do nail your colours too early, too hard, people tend to throw it back in your face.

I stated back in November Id happily never see Dempsey or Siggy in the shirt again. Total backtrack on that one for me, both proving their worth and stepping up.
I'll be more than happy to see either of them play - when their standard of play justifies it. A couple of goals and improving general play suggests that Sigurdsson is worth a place - but Dempsey? Nah - beyond his 2 goals against Manure he has done nothing to suggest that he's worth playing. Since he has vacated that space he operates in, Bale has had space to operate and thrive in. Dempsey has continued to be a major disappointment and will have to improve immeasurably to justify a starting place. Mind you, the same goes for Adebayor, who has been dreadful.

I'll be more than happy to see either of them play - when their standard of play justifies it. A couple of goals and improving general play suggests that Sigurdsson is worth a place - but Dempsey? Nah - beyond his 2 goals against Manure he has done nothing to suggest that he's worth playing. Since he has vacated that space he operates in, Bale has had space to operate and thrive in. Dempsey has continued to be a major disappointment and will have to improve immeasurably to justify a starting place. Mind you, the same goes for Adebayor, who has been dreadful.

I think Dempsey has improved ten fold but to be fair, that didnt take much more than actually kicking the ball at least once during the game....but no, I think his link up play and touch was starting to look alot better.

Siggy looks like a different player, and the confidence from a standing ovation last night wont do him any harm. Good to see him taking on players, scoring goals and having a go.

I fucking wish I owned a sombrero. When I went to Ciudad Juarez as a child all I wanted was this pretty blue and silver sombrero... I don't remember a whole lot from that trip but THAT FUCKING SOMBRERO...

God, I can be such a stereotype.
I have a fucking awful pic of me in one, I was uber wasted pulling a face and looking particularly fat that day lol

Follow up on the lottery discussion -- if you did win would you keep your job? I wouldn't.
I don't even have a job
tumblr_lwdcw2Nsjf1r3pu2jo1_500.gif

It wasn't a criticism, it was a light hearted observation.

As for your observation that there was no organisation under Redknapps management, then I can only put that down to a lack of understanding of the game.

On the basis that if you couldn't see it, then you don't understand it.
You're right. Clearly, I have no understanding of the game.

For that matter, maybe Bale doesn't either:
Gareth Bale Interview - 28/2/2013 said:
Bale enjoying AVB style
Bale also paid tribute to Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas for adding a new dimension to his game since succeeding Harry Redknapp at White Hart Lane.
"Harry was more, 'Go out there and play how you feel and express yourself'," Bale said. "With Andre, there's a certain shape and a style we play. I think Harry was more free and let you do what you want. Andre does that too, but there's a lot more tactical work.
"I think it's something that's good to learn. We've done well this year and I think that's down to our defending as well as attacking."

Tommy Harmer said:
Are you housebound or something?
:)
Actually, I was at work when I posted that. At home right now, and headed back to work in a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom