Net zero spend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

girl-jogging.gif

thread needed something

I've had her ....
Its already underway it seems..........

Levy+Wheelbarrow.gif

Edit.. I quoted the wrong gif.

Ive had her

Why does everyone seem so much more disappointed that we lost world's greatest than pleased that we have the argentine Cristiano Ronaldo? we replaced bale and made and 55 mill profit

Wasn't sure WHICH 'Transfer thread' to post the thought I just had, but I plumped for this one...

A simple test of who did better this window, is to swap places momentarily with ArseAnal (bear with me)
...imagine, if you will, that THEY had sold their best player to a MASSIVE Club in Spain (not a great leap of of imagination needed there then) ...but had subsequently used the over-inflated fee they somehow managed to wangle on SEVEN, yes S-E-V-E-N (Vidiprinter-style) new, young (Soldado apart), fresh, talented, quality (jury's still out on Chadli, but still) Internationals that not only went some way to replace who they'd just lost, but went even further to strengthen an already promising team, into a fuller, more rounded, POWERFUL squad, with strength in depth in every area (ahem, except LB, but let's glide over that for now) We'd be seething at how they somehow managed to turn (yet) another negative into SUCH a positive... jammy cunts!

...meanwhile, we'd blown not only our transfer record, but our entire Summer's budget on ONE PLAYER (albeit a talented one) to fit into a position in which we were already well covered... at best we'd be labelled another ONE MAN TEAM, at worst we'd be branded glory hunting fools who had just spunked our last on ONE player who may well be a great addition to the club, but left the other glaring deficiencies in the team unresolved!

This place woulda gone into AVB/LEVY OUT meltdown!
Meanwhile, Arsehole Wanker would've been lauded the Professorial genius for unearthing yet MORE hidden European talent... (and we no doubt would've questioned why he continually persists in going for them so young!)

Luckily for us, the boot IS on the other foot for once...
Yes, we've lost Bale, but look what we've got in return...
SOLDADO
CRICHES
PAULINHO
CAPOUE
CHADLI
ERIKSEN
LAMELA
FUCK ME!! (he's not the Japanese prodigy we signed at the last minute BTW, it's just an exclamation of joy!)

Meanwhile, they've got their STAR SHIRT SALE PLAYER. Good for them!
...and what if he turns out to be shit (!!), OK maybe not shit... but what if he's homesick/or perennially injured? Where's their plan B...? where are the OTHER SIX players they signed that they can call upon to relive SOME of the burden??

EXACTLY!

For once, I think we actually played this transfer window RIGHT... we knew Bale was going, and for vast sums... Levy wasn't gambling with money he didn't have, it was simply money he didn't have YET!
But at least we didn't go down the 11pm last ditch panic buy, and pay over the odds in the process (ahem, depending on how our £30m for Lamela turns out, of course!) Having said that, I'd still rather them sign Cabaye than Ozil, but at least they proved what ungentlemanly pricks they were by going all out to unsettle Cabaye!

I'm annoyed that the NLD gave them reason to fucking brag and gloat (again) at our having spent £100m for a 1-0 defeat, but fuck them, and fuck their gloating smug-cunt fans... every single fucking one of them, from Piers 'Trust In Wenger Out' Morgan, to the Mad Screaming Woman of Highbury (remember her?) they're all despicable cunts, and I hate their snivelling little jumped-up-self-important-over-inflated-opinion-of-themselves-but-have-to-resort-to-shitting-in-our-Lasagne-when-the-chips-are-down cunt of a club...

There, I've said it!

[EDIT; Blimey, '18 Likes' ...I shoulda turned this into an article while I had the chance!]

Last edited:
I don't find it very concerning we have around a zero net spending. Although there's no doubt we could've spent more. There's still that missing moutinho money. Thats the differnece between the price of eriksen and willian so we were obviously looking to spend it. Im happy with eriksen though and feel other than willian we wouldve had to overpay for that creative player. It's good to know we've still got a bit of money to spend on any needs in January or next summer. There's also more money from the new tv deal.

Jürgen Klinsmann sent Özil a message telling him that Wenger’s Woolwich would be the perfect fit.

:harryfacepalm::avbfacepalm::dempsey::adeohshit::klinsmann:

Wasn't sure WHICH 'Transfer thread' to post the thought I just had, but I plumped for this one...

A simple test of who did better this window, is to swap places momentarily with ArseAnal (bear with me)
...imagine, if you will, that THEY had sold their best player to a MASSIVE Club in Spain (not a great leap of of imagination needed there then) ...but had subsequently used the over-inflated fee they somehow managed to wangle on SEVEN, yes S-E-V-E-N (Vidiprinter-style) new, young (Soldado apart), fresh, talented, quality (jury's still out on Chadli, but still) Internationals that not only went some way to replace who they'd just lost, but went even further to strengthen an already promising team, into a fuller, more rounded, POWERFUL squad, with strength in depth in every area (ahem, except LB, but let's glide over that for now) We'd be seething at how they somehow managed to turn (yet) another negative into SUCH a positive... jammy cunts!

...meanwhile, we'd blown not only our transfer record, but our entire Summer's budget on ONE PLAYER (albeit a talented one) to fit into a position in which we were already well covered... at best we'd be labelled another ONE MAN TEAM, at worst we'd be branded glory hunting fools who had just spunked our last on ONE player who may well be a great addition to the club, but left the other glaring deficiencies in the team unresolved!

This place woulda gone into AVB/LEVY OUT meltdown!
Meanwhile, Arsehole Wanker would've been lauded the Professorial genius for unearthing yet MORE hidden European talent... (and we no doubt would've questioned why he continually persists in going for them so young!)

Luckily for us, the boot IS on the other foot for once...
Yes, we've lost Bale, but look what we've got in return...
SOLDADO
CRICHES
PAULINHO
CAPOUE
CHADLI
ERIKSEN
LAMELA
FUCK ME!! (he's not the Japanese prodigy we signed at the last minute BTW, it's just an exclamation of joy!)

Meanwhile, they've got their STAR SHIRT SALE PLAYER. Good for them!
...and what if he turns out to be shit (!!), OK maybe not shit... but what if he's homesick/or perennially injured? Where's their plan B...? where are the OTHER SIX players they signed that they can call upon to relive SOME of the burden??

EXACTLY!

For once, I think we actually played this transfer window RIGHT... we knew Bale was going, and for vast sums... Levy wasn't gambling with money he didn't have, it was simply money he didn't have YET!
But at least we didn't go down the 11pm last ditch panic buy, and pay over the odds in the process (ahem, depending on how our £30m for Lamela turns out, of course!) Having said that, I'd still rather them sign Cabaye than Ozil, but at least they proved what ungentlemanly pricks they were by going all out to unsettle Cabaye!

I'm annoyed that the NLD gave them reason to fucking brag and gloat (again) at our having spent £100m for a 1-0 defeat, but fuck them, and fuck their gloating smug-cunt fans... every single fucking one of them, from Piers 'Trust In Wenger Out' Morgan, to the Mad Screaming Woman of Highbury (remember her?) they're all despicable cunts, and I hate their snivelling little jumped-up-self-important-over-inflated-opinion-of-themselves-but-have-to-resort-to-shitting-in-our-Lasagne-when-the-chips-are-down cunt of a club...

There, I've said it!

giphy-2_zpsd80368cf.gif

What matters isn't the net zero spend, but if there were other useful players Levy could have tried for but passed on.

None spring to mind. This was a highly irregular transfer window in that we were rumoured to be in for someone and, Soldado aside, almost immediately got them. Soldado's was the only significantly protracted transfer saga (of our incomings). The only big miss was Benteke - who, while proven in the Premier League, may not have been the best fit for us.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Chiriches' transfer saga was strange too. I'm going to file that under 'Becali is mental'

1. There's no point in spending money for the sake of it.
2. The only reason we have a zero net spend is due to Levy's strong negotiating skills.
3. Bringing in anymore than 7-8 players in 1 window is disruptive IMO - Palace/Sunderland bringing in 15/13 is crazy.
4. It would appear the reason Willian didn't complete was tied into Chelsea taking Eto from Anzi as well and he didn't have a choice.
5. I'm personally made up with business we've done.

1. There's no point in spending money for the sake of it.
2. The only reason we have a zero net spend is due to Levy's strong negotiating skills.
3. Bringing in anymore than 7-8 players in 1 window is disruptive IMO - Palace/Sunderland bringing in 15/13 is crazy.
4. It would appear the reason Willian didn't complete was tied into Chelsea taking Eto from Anzi as well and he didn't have a choice.
5. I'm personally made up with business we've done.

Definitely agree, if our team is already struggling to gel another 2 signings aren't going to improve that no matter how good they are. (Unless they are Modric and Bale).

DAMMIT! is THAT sarcastic???
I'm genuinely confused... and have a complex now to boot!

Nice one... thanks for that!
tumblr_m573cm446k1rtjw1mo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom