New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cannot see a company the size of Carlsberg paying multi millions for kit sponsorship. Only super big multinationals can really afford to pay silly money for club sponsorship these days. I can't see the likes of Everton's Chang sponsorship being any more than a few million per annum. Actually they've just changed their shirt sponsor.
There are some places where booze sponsorship isn't allowed on kids sizes(I think the UK is one..Everton's kids kits last year are clean), so the the deals are for less cash. Not 100% certain, but I think it applies for gambling too.

Yeah perhaps. I don't know if any kits they make show an exception or not
Having a quick look through their shirts...

http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pw/mens-football-kits-jerseys/7puZ896Zoeo?ipp=99

The France and Holland kits are examples of a shield-less design, in fairness. The caveat being that (if you zoom in on these logos) they're not embroidered at all - more 'pressed on' like the player name/number.

So if we got the simple cock/ball again, it wouldn't have that nice embroidered feel that the Under Armour kits had.

The France and Holland kits are examples of a shield-less design, in fairness. The caveat being that (if you zoom in on these logos) they're not embroidered at all - more 'pressed on' like the player name/number.

So if we got the simple cock/ball again, it wouldn't have that nice embroidered feel that the Under Armour kits had.

Disappointed if the crest isn't embroidered on. Kits just seem to feel so much cheaper if badges are heat pressed on. After several washes they begin to peel away.

I'd want the more expensive vapour max match shirt, rather then the cheaper Stadium shirt. Not sure if the tighter fit would look good on my middle aged spread.

Last edited:
We were Giants

IMG_20170628_WA0001.jpg

I like the away, but fucking hell, people really like that shitty shield and the AIA red?

I don't care if it is hot pink, it's paying to keep our best at the club I'm at peace with it (it's been red for the majority of our PL era now).

I think the badge is classy as a one off
I really don't mind the badge tbh.
...glad about the Navy shorts too...

It's just that FUCKING RED LOGO!
(but I can live with it!!)

It's called applique.

The badges (like the France one) are woven together (to make like a patch), and supplied separately to the manufacturer which are then applied to the kit with much, much less stitching. Embroidering the crest directly onto the kit would make it likely that there'd be imperfections and that "gathering" you get when it gets washed etc.

Disappointed if the crest isn't embroidered on. Kits just seem to feel so much cheaper if badges are heat pressed on. After several washes they begin to peel away.

I'd want the more expensive vapour max match shirt, rather then the cheaper Stadium shirt. Not sure if the tighter fit would look good on my middle aged spread.
If it helps make your mind up - the cheaper kit will have an embroidered badge whereas the expensive one will be a rubber transfer.

At least that's what the Barcelona kits would indicate.

On one of the spurs pages on faceache,someone has put a pic of of the proposed 2nd kit that his mate (who works in JD Sports ) took.
He has yet to reply to my query of whether his mate gets a discount..

and TBF the one thing you couldn't abide fallen off the kit after a few washes is the badge

Back
Top Bottom