New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which is my point.

Not buying an 'official' shirt isn't hurting Levy's transfer kitty.
In the short term no, but in the long term if too many cross over to buying them from chinese websites, then companies like Nike will stop paying such large sums in these contracts... though we're a good few years off of having to worry about the next contract.

I say that as someone who is more than happy to use said websites, as I refuse to pay £115 for a football shirt that costs pennies to make, and even more so refuse to pay £75 for a version of that shirt that the club is willing to hold their hands up and say "yeah, this one's a bit shit compared to the real one...".

Oh, hello you!
whoa-glasses-off.gif

Now THERE'S the 3rd* kit we've been screaming out for!

* I know it's the GK kit!

Last edited:
The crescent seam effect looks a bit cheap, more poundland than elite sports attire, but the home kit is alright apart from that. Minimal in design and the bit of colour is fine. I always consider us to be white/home, navy/away, yellow/third and that shouldn't change. So them making an appearance on the home kit is fine.

The rumoured away one though looks a contender for worst ever kit, eyeball removing stuff :contefacepalm:

Ultimately though football shirts only ever really look good on professional athletes who have their own shirts tailored to fit them. If you're above the age of a teenager then you should only really be buying shirts out of the bargain bin to be used when you have a kickaround yourself. If you buy for any other reason, have a word :mourweird:

That's the keepers kit though?
Yes...
That's the point...
GK kit should be green...'Volt' if you must!
3rd kit should be yellow...
They missed a trick...
Again!

...in addition to that, won't the yellow GK top clash with the 'Volt' green on the home shirts??

Either yellow trim to match the GK top, or Volt Green GK top to match the current trim... and save the yellow for the away/3rd kit!

I swear half of these designers are colour blind!

Last edited:
I don't judge people that have to buy fakes because that's all they can afford, but you can't then give Levy shit for not spending money. The club depends on this.
Fair enough point. I'd bee interested to see how much revenue they make from shirt sales each year compared to other revenue streams though. You used to be able to buy the full kids kit for £40 shirt, shorts socks and I used to gladly pay that. But that stops at about age 6/7 and I think it's now £60 even for the little kids one. Even if I could afford it I don't think I'd pay it. If that makes me a bad supporter then so be it.

As it happens the knock offs that I ordered for the kids have turned up in todays post 9 days after I ordered them and they look perfect and the sizing is perfect. Didnt expect them to have the fine detail on them but they have.

In the short term no, but in the long term if too many cross over to buying them from chinese websites, then companies like Nike will stop paying such large sums in these contracts... though we're a good few years off of having to worry about the next contract.

I say that as someone who is more than happy to use said websites, as I refuse to pay £115 for a football shirt that costs pennies to make, and even more so refuse to pay £75 for a version of that shirt that the club is willing to hold their hands up and say "yeah, this one's a bit shit compared to the real one...".
The same principle can apply to anything though.

More or less everything you purchase as a consumer has a way too inflated price.

I personally think Spurs charge more than I'd happily pay for a football top, in the same way I'd point blank refuse to buy a jacket at 500 quid just because it has some label or another on it.

Choice, innit?

Back
Top Bottom