New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was in Camden today and saw loads of the new home kits in all sizes for about £25/£30 from different places.

Which isn't bad at all but have ordered the boy seven different kits off soccer000 for £82 posted. Fingers crossed they'll all turn out alright and will arrive before the end of the summer. It's been alright previously tho.

Also, there was the new England tops (in camden) which I assume will be for the world cup and they look pretty sweet in person.

The Camden shops probably got them from the same place!

Was in Camden today and saw loads of the new home kits in all sizes for about £25/£30 from different places.

Which isn't bad at all but have ordered the boy seven different kits off soccer000 for £82 posted. Fingers crossed they'll all turn out alright and will arrive before the end of the summer. It's been alright previously tho.

Also, there was the new England tops (in camden) which I assume will be for the world cup and they look pretty sweet in person.

The Camden shops probably got them from the same place!
EBay is full of fake/Dhgate/soccer000 everyone is latching on but it’s clubs own fault for taking the piss with the price if they kept them reasonable I’m sure the majority of “fans” would support the club and buy from them. But if you a dad, maybe two kids that’s a lot of money on just shirts not to mention if they went to games, World Cup year as you say so that’s more kits/shirts kids or even adults will want.

EBay is full of fake/Dhgate/soccer000 everyone is latching on but it’s clubs own fault for taking the piss with the price if they kept them reasonable I’m sure the majority of “fans” would support the club and buy from them. But if you a dad, maybe two kids that’s a lot of money on just shirts not to mention if they went to games, World Cup year as you say so that’s more kits/shirts kids or even adults will want.

It's Nike's fault. They pay Spurs a fixed sum of money for exclusive rights to make and sell the kits. They set the price to recoup their outlay to Spurs.
We have absolutely no say in it. Other than refusing the fixed sum from Nike to keep the costs down.
You could maybe argue that if the kits sold more then the price would be lower. But I doubt it. It's in line with other Nike clubs.

To be fair, small kids complete kits go for £50, and that's from them direct aswell.

But yeah, we go to matches and that's a small fortune but the memories will last longer than the kits will fit!

It's Nike's fault. They pay Spurs a fixed sum of money for exclusive rights to make and sell the kits. They set the price to recoup their outlay to Spurs.
We have absolutely no say in it. Other than refusing the fixed sum from Nike to keep the costs down.
You could maybe argue that if the kits sold more then the price would be lower. But I doubt it. It's in line with other Nike clubs.
On that theory Nike pay us 30million contract signed fans refuse to buy kits from Tottenham, buy soccer000 instead we get cheaper decent kits Tottenham get their cash….Nike can fuck off

On that theory Nike pay us 30million contract signed fans refuse to buy kits from Tottenham, buy soccer000 instead we get cheaper decent kits Tottenham get their cash….Nike can fuck off
Exactly. Spurs aren't getting hurt by Spurs fans buying ripoff kits, Nike are.
Spurs probably lose 1% at most. 1% of £70 for half a season. 70p per shirt on a replica one.
Volume sold is hard to ascertain. But in 2016 we sold 268k
So we'd have lost 70p 268k times for a grand total of £187k lost

The long term effect though is more grim. If Nike aren't making their money back they will not offer a new deal. If the same theory is applied to other manufacturers they will start offering less in their deals.
It's all horses for courses.
I ordered a pair from Soccer00 for myself and my daughter. The one I got was useless. looked more like a womens shirt the way it fit. It was the same size as a genuine one I had purchased but the away shirt. It was massively different in shape and fit even though it should have been the same.

Agree its Nike's pricing.

But boycotting kit buying only devalues Spurs as a commercial partner and negatively impacts the future future kit and shirt sponsorship deals. Arguably, as long as knockoff sales are high the value is still there for a shirt sponsor. Those figures, of course, are nearly impossible to track and will thus not be much of a factor.

I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm not a fan of wearing kits. I prefer to give my money to Levy directly by buying club branded shirts and the like. Everything else is just, as you allude to, paying for the swoosh.

Exactly. Spurs aren't getting hurt by Spurs fans buying ripoff kits, Nike are.
Spurs probably lose 1% at most. 1% of £70 for half a season. 70p per shirt on a replica one.
Volume sold is hard to ascertain. But in 2016 we sold 268k
So we'd have lost 70p 268k times for a grand total of £187k lost

The long term effect though is more grim. If Nike aren't making their money back they will not offer a new deal. If the same theory is applied to other manufacturers they will start offering less in their deals.
It's all horses for courses.
I ordered a pair from Soccer00 for myself and my daughter. The one I got was useless. looked more like a womens shirt the way it fit. It was the same size as a genuine one I had purchased but the away shirt. It was massively different in shape and fit even though it should have been the same.
we have what a 15 year deal with Nike they are tied for that long at least….. So if at this time of grim financial restrictions on families a football kit is not a priority or at least shouldn’t be……so again fuck of Nike a £10 shirt for a youngster to run around the park with his mates just to get ruined there is no argument….as for your issues I think it’s individual houses/factories that make the shirts and pot luck if you get a wrong un mate of mine bought last season’s Man Utd shirt a blue one first one came was fine so decided to order another one exact same shirt for his dad but the 3stripes adidas was heat transfers the first shirt was embroidered material+ Adidas emblem embroidered, 2nd top again heat transfer looked a £10 shirt.

Mousa though...

FVFK-78X0AI0dx_

So what's the deal with this DH Gate website then? I've seen and heard it mentioned a lot but never ordered from it myself. I'm assuming you can order cheap replicas and it's hit and miss whether you receive a decent looking one or essentially just a t-shirt with a cockerel drawn on? I'm thinking of ordering the new home strip from it but any advice / reviews on it would be useful before I do!
My eldest Son uses DHGate a lot. Normally the quality is pretty good but they are sometimes hit and miss with what you actually receive.
For example he ordered the Spurs 3rd Shirt last season and got a pair of Sheffield Utd shorts. They gave him his money back no question but they can be a bit random

My eldest Son uses DHGate a lot. Normally the quality is pretty good but they are sometimes hit and miss with what you actually receive.
For example he ordered the Spurs 3rd Shirt last season and got a pair of Sheffield Utd shorts. They gave him his money back no question but they can be a bit random
Cheers good to know. I've ordered from soccer000 this time so fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom