New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's Nike's fault. They pay Spurs a fixed sum of money for exclusive rights to make and sell the kits. They set the price to recoup their outlay to Spurs.
We have absolutely no say in it. Other than refusing the fixed sum from Nike to keep the costs down.
You could maybe argue that if the kits sold more then the price would be lower. But I doubt it. It's in line with other Nike clubs.
Could put in the contract max cost allowed, the club are complicit they have a good idea what Nike would charge and signed the agreement.

77-E95-DEE-AD6-A-4-CEB-97-DA-FAF9-D6-F1-BAD8.jpg

22-C1-A6-DB-9-E3-B-41-CF-A437-4-DB075-F96-C6-C.jpg

new arrival 22/23 anthem jacket.
Would love it without the sponsor.

The home shirt, was that from DH Gate or soccer000? If it was soccer000 I'd be interested to know how long it took to arrive...
Home Shirt was from DHGate and took about a month to arrive. The quality is unreal and cost £16.00.
It was a slim fit players version. The non player version I can't comment on.
The new 3rd kit (if correct) Player version is also available and looks really good.

Could put in the contract max cost allowed, the club are complicit they have a good idea what Nike would charge and signed the agreement.
Problem with this is that Nike would simply give us less money.
Brighton have Nike shirts, their shirts are £50. They also offer fans a free shirt if they trade their old one in.
But I bet Nike give them pittance compared to us, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Problem with this is that Nike would simply give us less money.
Brighton have Nike shirts, their shirts are £50. They also offer fans a free shirt if they trade their old one in.
But I bet Nike give them pittance compared to us, Liverpool and Chelsea.
Yes they would pay less, that's the trade off the club have cheaper kits for fans or more cash for the club. It's why I said they were complicit with Nike rather than others defending the club saying its nikes decision.

Yes they would pay less, that's the trade off the club have cheaper kits for fans or more cash for the club. It's why I said they were complicit with Nike rather than others defending the club saying its nikes decision.
I think, and it's just a personal theory, that the transfer price bubble could burst sooner or later. Players will refuse new contracts to help dictate cheaper/free transfers when they want. And I'm all for that.
When that happens clubs can potentially pass those savings onto fans. As a min prices for tickets and merch will stay the same for a long time. The TV money might even level out.

All of the price increases over the years have all been to keep clubs competitive.
Spain have a wage cap now I believe? This should be world wide but in a fair way. I don't think all teams should have the same cap. I don't think oil clubs should be able to pay more though. perhaps a league finish plus income method should work out a teams max salary. If that club pays the max salary and then next season fall foul, well, more fool them for paying the max.

I think, and it's just a personal theory, that the transfer price bubble could burst sooner or later. Players will refuse new contracts to help dictate cheaper/free transfers when they want. And I'm all for that.
When that happens clubs can potentially pass those savings onto fans. As a min prices for tickets and merch will stay the same for a long time. The TV money might even level out.

All of the price increases over the years have all been to keep clubs competitive.
Spain have a wage cap now I believe? This should be world wide but in a fair way. I don't think all teams should have the same cap. I don't think oil clubs should be able to pay more though. perhaps a league finish plus income method should work out a teams max salary. If that club pays the max salary and then next season fall foul, well, more fool them for paying the max.

Spain wage cap is on revenues (losses), so still encourage to raise revenues to increase their cap. It just stops them going /continuing going into debt.

If a transfer bubble pops then you will see (more so) a wage bubble, look at Hartland-had a cap so was cheap and the money went to his people, ditto mbappe.

I get why prices are raising to stay competitive, don't see it stopping (Chelsea /Madrid sale price shows they expect it to continue).

I think that’s optimistic. The savings in transfer fees are just meaning bigger sign on bonus/wages.

If transfers were rare, you’d have teams like PSG/City just signing top players on frees for 700K/week. That’s pretty much what Mbappe did to PSG.

These contracts would become unmovable and if teams with budgets messed up, they’d be in big trouble. We’d never compete.

Not to mention many clubs (Ajax) are modeled to profit from sales. The only way transfers would disappear is if CL or EPL revenues suddenly dried up.

Just given it a go. Away kit went in the bin last year as it was nothing like the right fit.
As long as its the home kit player version , I am sure you won't be disappointed . I have ordered the player version of the 3rd kit and just hope its a good as the home kit.

Home stadium shirts for me and the boy arrived today from 000 and the quality is really good. Same standard as the official stadium replicas. Paid for the RM delivery and all went smoothly. Very happy.

Home stadium shirts for me and the boy arrived today from 000 and the quality is really good. Same standard as the official stadium replicas. Paid for the RM delivery and all went smoothly. Very happy.
Imo they are far better than Dhgate.

DHGate is a platform so the suppliers behind it can be quite random. Soccer 000 in this instance have been great. One adult and one kids shirt and I’ve saved <£100.
Yeah but their prices are creeping up not massively but compared to last season they’re up a bit, but a decent new season football shirt adult for under. £20 including postage nobody can argue.

Back
Top Bottom