New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely someone is in the know if we have a deal done with them with all those players in the Nike gear. It is a bit crazy when you think Chelsea have just signed a massive deal with Nike and we are getting mugged off with a lot less deal. And my other point is Nike are that big in the football kit game now who else do you see making our kit and training gear and offering more than them. Only really addidas and that is not happening
Chelsea Worldwide are massive mate (4th highest shirt sales), only Manure, Barca & Real Madrid sell more shirts than them! That is why they have a new mega deal signed with Nike.

As far as we stand, we are not even in the top 12. To put that in perspective Leicester sell more shirts Worldwide than us!!!

Chelsea Worldwide are massive mate (4th highest shirt sales), only Manure, Barca & Real Madrid sell more shirts than them! That is why they have a new mega deal signed with Nike.

As far as we stand, we are not even in the top 12. To put that in perspective Leicester sell more shirts Worldwide than us!!!

Good. We're a football club, not a bloody haberdashers. Bah humbug.

Leicester probably have the whole of Thailand supporting them. Also aren't the kits made there? :kanehand: Oh and they maybe the current PL champions which always attracts a load of new plastics.

Leicester probably have the whole of Thailand supporting them. Also aren't the kits made there? :kanehand: Oh and they maybe the current PL champions which always attracts a load of new plastics.
Yes, winning the league is the only reason. It is why the Chavs outsell the scum. Basically all the new Worldwide audiences that now watch the PL only "support"/select a team by who won the league. The thought of that has actually put a smile on my face, imaging all those plastic cunts that have selected Leicester as their team!
:wanyama:

They're a complete one-off.

Chelsea managed to strike it big and rich exactly at the right time. It doesn't matter how ignorant people are of how that club truly is, people that don't even watch the sport or follow Chelsea have a chance of picking up one of their shirts on just a whim.

Had to put my foot down about a year ago, because in family emails with my mother who was passing through Vietnam on business she mentioned she was going to get a "cute Chelsea football shirt" for my little nephew. I said over my dead body would I allow my nephew to wear a Chelsea shirt. What the fuck that has to do with wanting to offer a souvenir from Vietnam I have no idea, but my mother has always been a bit mindless.

Not amazing, but it's a big improvement over the current deal. Should also eliminate the risk of the likes of Kane and Lloris leaving (at least in the short run).
Don't get the logic about the players, unless you mean the increase in the deal value will enable us to pay higher wages?

If it is true, then I think what could be very significant is when the new stadium is ready, what with Nike being the sponsors for NFL there appears further additional opportunities that we could tap into, the rumour of Nike taking stadium naming rights has never gone away.

If that's the new home kit... there'll be faaarkin' uproar!

Looks more like Roma away (so Totti Totti will no doubt be pleased!)

#neverblackandorange !!!

...oh. That's not it, is it?!

...as long as they ditch the abomination template that is this season's Emg;and/Man City kits, then i'm sure we'll be OK.
They've come out with some corkers in the past (like Brazil's classic Nike shirt, from a few years back... some of Villa's were lovely, as well as Chile... but in Spurs colours, obs)

...then again, like this season's England/Man City kits, there have been some horror shows!

Last edited:
Don't get the logic about the players, unless you mean the increase in the deal value will enable us to pay higher wages?
That's exactly what I meant. Didn't mean to imply that a player would be more likely to stay just because of a certain company, Spurs could be sponsored by fucking Abercrombie and Fitch and I doubt the players would care.

If that's the new home kit... there'll be faaarkin' uproar!

Looks more like Roma away (so Totti Totti will no doubt be pleased!)

#neverblackandorange !!!

...oh. That's not it, is it?!

...as long as they ditch the abomination template that is this season's Emg;and/Man City kits, then i'm sure we'll be OK.
They've come out with some corkers in the past (like Brazil's classic Nike shirt, from a few years back... some of Villa's were lovely, as well as Chile... but in Spurs colours, obs)

...then again, like this season's England/Man City kits, there have been some horror shows!

The Nike template for this season in white and navy is actually quite nice, I refer you to this....
b5f6a7adb2a4f17d7cf8dd3cc8a33300

With added team in red wearing puma!

What I can't bear about Nike is that all their kits each season are based on a template. Makes the kits for each of their teams completely lack in individuality. We've had some pretty horrible shirts in recent years but also some absolute corkers (the home and third last year were particularly good, while I love our away this season), I just don't see us getting kits that good under Nike.

What I can't bear about Nike is that all their kits each season are based on a template. Makes the kits for each of their teams completely lack in individuality. We've had some pretty horrible shirts in recent years but also some absolute corkers (the home and third last year were particularly good, while I love our away this season), I just don't see us getting kits that good under Nike.
Completely agree. Hate the universal look of Nike kits and the saturation they put on the market and I hate having a similar kit to the scum.

Would rather continue with the more individual makers, but then money is more important than aesthetics in this game.

Ho hum.

Tbh even though I agree about Nike templates being very boring and lacking individuality, I think Nike will suit us well as they'll most likely provide that simple plain white shirt that we've all been after

Tbh even though I agree about Nike templates being very boring and lacking individuality, I think Nike will suit us well as they'll most likely provide that simple plain white shirt that we've all been after
This is true. But ultimately do you think anyone in the club gives a shit about who the manufacturer is? Nike just probably bid the highest.

And that isn't another pop at Levy, it's just a comment that it's all business.

As much as some fans may not like the kit or may prefer other styles, there are still enough people that will buy it regardless.

Back
Top Bottom