New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please can anyone else see Frank De Boer the best on the list? won 3 Ajax titles which means not much but means he has taken them as far as he can, knows everyone, can play spursy, knows Eriksen and Jan personally who we should be building team around, for me he is the one - better than anyone else on list as can be a long term project more vitality and personality than AVB but still technical in his approach

Look at this - even has the Europa backdrop - perfect
cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Top of the list for me.
1. Great playing CV
2. He is early into his manager career, but has been fantasic in it. Beat Barca the other week with an "on paper" inferior team.
3. Like that his started in management as a youth coach and at one of the best youth set-ups in the world. Ability to get the best out of players COACH THEM!
4. 4-3-3 advocate TOTAL FOOTBALL philosophy
5. Europa and CL experience
6. Young (the romantic notion of stability)
7. Works with DOF

Only negative I can think of would be PL experience, but does that matter?

Read an interview with De Boer in World Soccer this month where he said he wanted to be the first Ajax manager to win four titles on the bounce. If it's him, I doubt we'll see him until summer.

I'd love Bielsa and don't give a shit if he speaks English. Most of our squad don't anyway.

Another great shout from earlier in this thread is Murat Yakin. He's on his way out of there but has built a superb team.

Personally I don't agree with the sacking of avb, should have at least let him finish this season. If we could get a long term candidate then I would say try for Frank de Boer. Only 43, plays great attacking football and already will be reconnecting with vert and erikson. Vert himself said de Boer was the best managher he had ever worked with. I also think de Boer has shown great strength in winning the league with Ajax 3 seasons in a row while losing his best players every season.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Even before his injury Jan was getting visibly frustrated. De Boer would go quite a ways in bringing him back around. Let's face it, with so few others clicking Vertonghen is the core of our team at the moment, and he's injured. Even greater than losing our coach mid-season, we've got to guard against players wanting out in January or the summer, and at least with De Boer we could almost definitely avoid trading away the heart of our team for the ten thousandth time.

Also, can we add my name to the poll based on my FM13 CV. 3 Champions Leagues, 7 League titles, 4 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, 1 Europa League, 2 European Super Cups, 3 Club World Cups and 4 Charity Shields in a 7 year tenure. All whilst overseeing our move to the 56,000 seater Tottenham Stadium and an annual profit.

:ap:

Only 3 league cups in what appears to be a minimum 7 seasons is concerning.

I'm out.

I can't believe Diego Maradona has similar odds to Justin Edinburgh. Justin may not be ready for Premiership Management but he inspires me more than some of the other names I've read in the media today and at odds of 50/1 worth a quid.

It beggars belief that people are voting for Capello! Ignoring the 3 big defeats this year, I thought half the problem with AVB to most people was that he didn't play the Spurs way and played boring, slow football as people were still up in arms when we were winning games.

Agree. I really don't want Capello. A dire man, who plays equally dire football. I'll willingly sacrifice a few points this season if it means we play some more attractive football

I'm not going to pretend that I have paid attention to Frank De Boer but from what I'm reading in this thread he seems to be the only choice that would excite me.
Yes.

From my understanding he sets his teams up to play football the way AVB wanted us to play, but could never figure out how to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Good total football in a 4-3-3, high possession that doesn't squander attacking intent.

Given their resources, you'd never favor them to make it through to the round of 16 every season in the CL, but nevertheless they make a run of it and toss some egg onto the faces of World Class clubs that would shame Spurs.

The thing is, sometimes when you're so deeply invested in a project as AVB obviously was, you lose objectivity and honestly can't see what's wrong or right anymore. He obviously wasn't lacking passion or interest. He wanted to succeed at Spurs and for Spurs to succeed, but it wasn't to be. I think De Boer could come in with a fresh pair of eyes and make the necessary changes to get us attacking again without gutting the entire system and team.

Back
Top Bottom