New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're big enough to nick Martinez away from Everton. Yeah, he's loyal but he isn't stupid - can he do better next year at Everton? People always think managers of small clubs (Wigan) aren't that good but look what he's done with more resources at Everton. Think what he could do with our resources.
I also like the idea of De Boer but it's more of a gamble because of zero Prem experience.
I figure, whoever it is, it can't be worse than this season. Worst season ever.
I am a fan of martinez but I really can't see any way that he will leave everton after one year to join us. Your'e right about one thing definately, we can't perform any worse next season

We're big enough to nick Martinez away from Everton. Yeah, he's loyal but he isn't stupid - can he do better next year at Everton? People always think managers of small clubs (Wigan) aren't that good but look what he's done with more resources at Everton. Think what he could do with our resources.

He isnt stupid, so why give yup a secure job where he can do no wrong for a job with unreal pressure and expectations?

He turned down Liverpool for just that reason, I dont see him coming to us.

I also like the idea of De Boer but it's more of a gamble because of zero Prem experience.
I figure, whoever it is, it can't be worse than this season. Worst season ever.
He would warrant a buy out. For that reason, I,m not sure if he is on DL's list? Although like you I hope he is. For me Martinez or more realistically Pochettino. Either of these over De Boer. I want a manager with EPL experience, and a character, who's ego will not contribute to the choppy waters we have found ourselves in, this past 9 months. Pochettino is that man for me!

COYS!!

Benitez has backing at Napoli, and is in the Champion's League next year – hard to see him opting for Europa instead.

Martinez has only been at Everton a year, and while it's plainly ridiculous for me to cast judgement on his character from what I see in the press, he does seem a loyal type, not one to fuck off at the first sign of a better deal. That said, if Lukaku goes, if Delafeu goes, his chairman won't pay up for Barry or to replace the above, then he may be tempted. Without his loan signings he'd have struggled to perform this season as well as he has.

Frank de Boer seems to have annoyed Levy. He also has no Prem experience, and has hardly shone in Europe (you'd think a club that wins the title 4 years in a row would have managed to get at least one CL final / Europa Cup – or is the Dutch league really that inconsequential?). I get that 4 titles in a row shows consistency, but there's a big comparison to AVB there, at least potentially.

Pochettino seems the most likely. Especially if the club sell his two best players which looks likely. I was sceptical of his win-rate, but Lister made some good points here: http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/pochettino-yes-please.8930/page-12

Well levy only has a few days to get his man because when the arsecum lose on saturday and arsenalfantv stage a mass suicide pact live from the archway bridge. Wenger may fall on his sword and we get pushed back again for the top candidates

I will say now what I said before AVB was appointed. I want to see a manager bought into the club who will be backed, by the exec, the team and just as importantly the fans.

Too many reactionary vocal people on all fronts for my liking. The one game mentality needs to go, whoever comes in needs backing even if we are bottom of the league at Christmas.

Time is the one luxury I want any new manager afforded to us.

I would prefer a younger manager with drive and ideas (matinez, fdb, pinochio, etc) as opposed to elder statesmen.

But the fans need to get back to the 'love the shirt' regardless of who is appointed. After all that is why TFC existed in the first place, to love the shirt, not hate the manager/players/chairman.

Time and love is all I want.

And I will undoubtedly be dissappointed once again this time next year, ho hum.: ostrich:

I will say now what I said before AVB was appointed. I want to see a manager bought into the club who will be backed, by the exec, the team and just as importantly the fans.

Too many reactionary vocal people on all fronts for my liking. The one game mentality needs to go, whoever comes in needs backing even if we are bottom of the league at Christmas.

Time is the one luxury I want any new manager afforded to us.

I would prefer a younger manager with drive and ideas (matinez, fdb, pinochio, etc) as opposed to elder statesmen.

But the fans need to get back to the 'love the shirt' regardless of who is appointed. After all that is why TFC existed in the first place, to love the shirt, not hate the manager/players/chairman.

Time and love is all I want.

And I will undoubtedly be dissappointed once again this time next year, ho hum.: ostrich:
Seconded, my good man!

I want someone who'll make our team look and play well enough to make me start the "Can we win the league 2015" thread by week 4, no, make that 3.

I really dont see why so many want Benitez, undoubtedly a good coach but otherwise, IMO, a disaster waiting to happen.

Not to mention the fact he looks/speaks like he has cream cheese stuck in his teeth!

VERY off-putting in the post-match interviews.... And for that reason, I'm out!
It's a no from me I'm afraid...

I really dont see why so many want Benitez, undoubtedly a good coach but otherwise, IMO, a disaster waiting to happen.
Has he ever really failed anywhere. He did well in spain, did a good job at liverpool, won the europa league at chelsea while being heckled like he was the antichrist and has done a decent job so far at napoli. More than enough for me although I don't actually think we will get him

Has he ever really failed anywhere. He did well in spain, did a good job at liverpool, won the europa league at chelsea while being heckled like he was the antichrist and has done a decent job so far at napoli. More than enough for me although I don't actually think we will get him

As I said, very good coach.
Problem is, as he showed at Pool, he doesnt do pressure well at all and is a disaster with transfers.
Aside from the fact they were incredibly dull under him.

Martinez for me, but its been pointed out by ITK that it would be a sideways step for him

Roberto will be managing bigger clubs than Spurs in a few years, so he may as well ride it out at Everton

Fuck, even Moyes looked good at Everton

Back
Top Bottom