New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

schooling? They got beaten because we had better players, what he has achieved with a set of journeymen is pretty impressive.

He'll get set ablaze for not shaving, not saying anything stupid in front of the cameras, his pudgy face, being an Argy, invading the Falklands (ITS NOT THE FACKIN' MALVINAS!) and having two feet.
Oh and for not having been AVB.

Not to worry he wont understand a word of it anyway.

BRING IT!!!!!

eriksen-deboer.jpg

Simple idea, who would get the least abuse from the Spurs "fans" when they lose first game? Rafa would get slaughtered, I agree with lister, it would go wrong

FdB would get the least abuse, as at least he isnt a pompous twat who hasnt upset us in the past, De Boer wouldnt divide us which ONCE AGAIN Rafa definitely would from the outset
Hmm, now that I come to think about it. Can we exchange some of our 'fans' as part of the deal for a new manager?

Bring in some dutch lunatics or die hard polish 'sing for 90 minutes' poznan types?

If so, and on balance, I'm going to have to back fdb just for being able to attract the right sort of nutter with him.

Guys honestly, forget all the Rafa talk. If he comes in it will be the same thing we are complaining about, he will come in, probably do quite well and then the cracks will begin to appear, 3 seasons max he will be gone - WE DONT WANT THAT.

Pochettino, yes he is a good manager and I wouldn't be unhappy with his appointment but I wouldn't be happy because I honestly believe the only man we should be going all out for is De Boer. Believe me, he is going to be a top top top manager. He is a winner as a player and as a manager. Yes he doesn't have premier league experience but neither did Pochettino before he came along and Pochettino doesn't have the same winning mentality as FDB. Who do you think would crack under the pressure between the two if we were 4 points ahead in 4th place with 5 games left of the season? My money would be on FDB seeing us through because he has that mentality.

FDB is everything we have been begging for, he wants to go to a smaller club rather than the big clubs like Barca as he wants to build something, meaning he will be looking to stick around for a while. Our two best players used to play for him. Imagine we went for someone like Coentrao, do you think he is more likely to come to FDB tottenham of Pochettino's tottenham?

We need to do all we can to get FDB on board.

What about Andre Villas Boas....?

We need a James Richardson smiley for any play on words, quip or a meek comment like this

Are those favouring "MoPo" forgetting the schooling he got from Timmy twice?

Have to admit, I didnt see the game at WHL - but the one at St Marys was anything but a "schooling".

Though I like that school reference, because it was a playground 'you score - we score' sort of shambles.

Sherwood set out without a midfield, essentially, and was fortunate we were playing against Sounthamptons 3rd/4th choice back 5. They were at the very lowest ebb of a bad run due to injury, and even then carved through us at will.

I was and remain convinced if the match went on for another 5 minutes they would have won 5-4. Another 5 minutes after that would have been 6-5 to us.

A shambles, yes, certainly not a "schooling".

I'd be good with any or De Boer, Pochettino or Benitez. Tuchel is another intriguing name.

Surprised to see some of the things said about Rafa. I know he's occasionally failed under pressure but last year in about the most hateful environment towards a manager I've ever seen he brought Chelsea to a third place finish, Europa league title, and semi-finals in both domestic cups. That was in a situation that was as pressure filled as it gets.

Another thing, I always like to hear to hear the reactions of the fans from a player or manager's ex-club, considering the fans followed them and knew them better than anyone. The Scousers still worship Benitez. That says something positive to me.

Overall, if I was forced to choose I would probably say FDB first with Pochettino and Benitez tied in second. They all seem like well thought out choices or me.

By the time he was done with Inter his stock was very low, Chelsea was his chance to rebuild his reputation - I think it was the Chelsea stint that got him the Napoli job. There was a lot to gain from just keeping his head down and getting on with it for the short term (which it always was).

And dont foget its Liverpool fans you are talking about, hardly known for being grounded and reasonable...

Tuchel - just seen mention on the BBC. Never heard of him before - what is he like? Im guessing its just the usual random links that happen but its a curious one.

FDB would be the man for us.. I dont want Pinocchio, judging a manager by one season is dangerous. Phil Brown had a great season not too long ago.
Benitez would definitely steady the ship but we seem to judge our managers on how they handle themselves in the media, and he is a media disaster.
This will be the single most important appointment in our history and it has to be right.
Do your homework Danny Boy.

Tuchel - just seen mention on the BBC. Never heard of him before - what is he like? Im guessing its just the usual random links that happen but its a curious one.

As far as my reading up on the guy went (when AVB was sacked), he is an up-and-coming German coach. Not unlike Pochettino, he took a recently promoted team (Mainz), and took them to 5th/6th, then 7th year after. Beating Bayern Munich away along the way, and playing nice football, but still just getting a 'smaller' team to upper-mid table.

Pochettino has done a similar job, only in the Prem.

how about this, we sign a manager, give him TIME, maybe like two seasons?

:adewtf::adewtf::adewtf::adewtf::adewtf:

blasphemy! burn him with the witches!

:levystare:

So you wanted Sherwood to be given time?

Kyle Walker free role? Townsend, Lennon etc? Rose who he said could be next Ashley Cole? Siggy and Chadli in the middle?

AVB should have been axed
Sherwood should have been axed
Harry should have been axed
Ramos should have been axed
Jol should have been cuddled

The real deal IMO is to make sure Lev has NOTHING to do with the selection. Should be down to Baldini. Unless he put forward Sherwood where we shall...Where is the lost hope thread again?

Back
Top Bottom