New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really dont see why so many want Benitez, undoubtedly a good coach but otherwise, IMO, a disaster waiting to happen.
When he went to Liverpool the success he had initially was very much down to the squad he inherited. When he started making his own signings the wheels began to come off. Same happened when he went to Inter. I'm not convinced about him at all.

As I said, very good coach.
Problem is, as he showed at Pool, he doesnt do pressure well at all and is a disaster with transfers.
Aside from the fact they were incredibly dull under him.
I agree he is not perfect. We are not going to get a manager with no flaws, He has won a lot of silverware so he must be doing something right and this time I feel we need experience in charge and not another gamble

I agree he is not perfect. We are not going to get a manager with no flaws, He has won a lot of silverware so he must be doing something right and this time I feel we need experience in charge and not another gamble

Experience of bizarre transfers, erratic behaviour/comments, boring boring football but maybe winning stuff?

Simple idea, who would get the least abuse from the Spurs "fans" when they lose first game? Rafa would get slaughtered, I agree with lister, it would go wrong

FdB would get the least abuse, as at least he isnt a pompous twat who hasnt upset us in the past, De Boer wouldnt divide us which ONCE AGAIN Rafa definitely would from the outset

I really dont see why so many want Benitez, undoubtedly a good coach but otherwise, IMO, a disaster waiting to happen.
Good coach, shit manager. We'd win things up until the point he'd obliterated our squad with expensive journeymen.

Edit - having said that, with a DoF...

Either FDB or Pochettino for me but must let them have multiple seasons to build a philosophy of attacking football. We simply cannot keep changing managers every couple of seasons.

Def don't want Benitez. Whiff of yesterday's man about him, and as commented he's chippy, unlikeable and shit at handling pressure. Plus seems to favour drab football.

Martinez won't happen. Feel like I should want FDB, but the more I think about Pinocchio the better he seems. Bit of Prem experience, and plays the sort of football that isn't just nice to watch but is these days the most likely to bring success.

Clincher is that he's very swiftly turned a number of previously unremarkable players into internationals.

How about Di Canio? He should be cheap, and firmly in keeping with the employment policy exhibited by the club recently.
Or Chris Hughton, ex player, knows his way to the ground, can wear either sporting apparel or a nice blazer. Seems like a thoroughly likeable chap.

Experience of bizarre transfers, erratic behaviour/comments, boring boring football but maybe winning stuff?
To be honest I don't really remember how liverpool used to play under him but I doubt they would regard him as highly as they do if the football under him was so poor. With regards to transfers, I am not gonna lie and pretend that he didnt buy some duds but he did get Torres, Alonso and mascherano to name a few.

Def don't want Benitez. Whiff of yesterday's man about him, and as commented he's chippy, unlikeable and shit at handling pressure. Plus seems to favour drab football.

Martinez won't happen. Feel like I should want FDB, but the more I think about Pinocchio the better he seems. Bit of Prem experience, and plays the sort of football that isn't just nice to watch but is these days the most likely to bring success.

Clincher is that he's very swiftly turned a number of previously unremarkable players into internationals.
tbf that is a valid point, the players in the Southampton squad (lallana and rodriguez in particular) were hardly on the international radar until after Pinnochio was appointed manager.

Are those favouring "MoPo" forgetting the schooling he got from Timmy twice?
So therefore Wenger, Fergie, Mancini, etc. would have been bad choices as well because we've beaten them before? Don't really understand your logic, to be honest. Southampton only recently got promoted and they've done very well with their somewhat inferior squad, partly because of Pochettino.

Very true.... if you liked Tim you can say he did them twice (althiough first game most of their defence were out) and if you didnt you can say we beat them without a real manager so however you cut it, we did them. I agree I dont think Poch the finished deal

schooling? They got beaten because we had better players, what he has achieved with a set of journeymen is pretty impressive.

He'll get set ablaze for not shaving, not saying anything stupid in front of the cameras, his pudgy face, being an Argy, invading the Falklands (ITS NOT THE FACKIN' MALVINAS!) and having two feet.
Oh and for not having been AVB.

To be honest I don't really remember how liverpool used to play under him but I doubt they would regard him as highly as they do if the football under him was so poor. With regards to transfers, I am not gonna lie and pretend that he didnt buy some duds but he did get Torres, Alonso and mascherano to name a few.

He made something like 100 transfers in 6 years, the turnover (and expense) was ridiculous.

He won them the CL (with Houlliers team) so they would forgive him anything.

The season they finished 2nd under him they scored the most gfoals in the league, by a distance as I recall, and yet not one person enjoyed watching them play. NEVER were they described as anyway attacking or entertaining, its an amazing feat when you think about it.

I respect your right to an opinion, but have to say I absolutely disagree with it on this occasion!

He made something like 100 transfers in 6 years, the turnover (and expense) was ridiculous.

He won them the CL (with Houlliers team) so they would forgive him anything.

The season they finished 2nd under him they scored the most gfoals in the league, by a distance as I recall, and yet not one person enjoyed watching them play. NEVER were they described as anyway attacking or entertaining, its an amazing feat when you think about it.

I respect your right to an opinion, but have to say I absolutely disagree with it on this occasion!
Fair enough. What would football be without different opinions

Back
Top Bottom