New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like you are inventing issues there mate.
Adebayor has been brilliant for 2 of 3 managers in his Spurs career. Lets wait and see how he goes with the next guy before worrying about problems.

Pochettino will be another 18 month wonder. 2 years max. Espanyol he kept a mid table team mid table, and then got sacked when they were bottom of the table. The team he has managed for the last 18 months at Southampton was basically Nigel Adkins, bar 3 of those players, and one of those was bombed back to Italy in 6 months. Not for me.

Absolute cobblers, he simply said what the other players were thinking/talking about behind his back

Thing is, despite what SEA think he knows, and all the 'big teams' he's played for, the only medal he has is from the 30 mins of the Copa del Rey final he played in for Real on loan.

He's hardly done fuck all has he? He's managed to get Southampton to finish 8th in the league while playing fast-paced, possession-based attacking football (with a very young squad). He isn't my first candidate, but I think he looks to go out and dominate teams with the ball, and get through them quickly, which I like to see.

8th!!! fuck me are you serious?

they were shit against us both games ,
do me a favour he's the latest flavour of the month
file under that bloke at watford who ended up at northampton

Pochettino will be another 18 month wonder. 2 years max. Espanyol he kept a mid table team mid table, and then got sacked when they were bottom of the table. The team he has managed for the last 18 months at Southampton was basically Nigel Adkins, bar 3 of those players, and one of those was bombed back to Italy in 6 months. Not for me.

spot on.

apparently coming 8th is what we should aspire too

Pochettino in his time at Espanyol and Southampton has a win % of 34, highest league finish 8th and no trophies.
I like how he sets his team up BUT he has done nothing yet as a manager and can't speak English fluently.

Hope its not him

Pochettino in his time at Espanyol and Southampton has a win % of 34, highest league finish 8th and no trophies.
I like how he sets his team up BUT he has done nothing yet as a manager and can't speak English fluently.

Hope its not him

Absolutely agreed. Single only advantage he offers over de Boer is Prem experience, and even what he's done isn't particularly impressive. If that's the most deciding factor and worthy of passing on the advantages de Boer holds over Poch, we might as well go after Moyes ffs.

I just hope Levy listens to advice and doesn't jump straight in for the wrong manager

I very much hope so. I find it quite ironic that so many papers are reporting Poch to be Levy's favorite and because he's concerned of de Boer being another AVB, when the all the reasons it seemed Levy and the board were turned off by AVB was because of many similarities since cited about Poch.

Absolutely agreed. Single only advantage he offers over de Boer is Prem experience, and even what he's done isn't particularly impressive. If that's the most deciding factor and worthy of passing on the advantages de Boer holds over Poch, we might as well go after Moyes ffs.

Precisely - people need to think really in terms of our squad when thinking of new manager, Day 1 - de Boer comes in, gets Jan and Eriksen committed as a freebie, then turn to Hugo and try and get another year from him somehow and go from there. He has either worked or played with every name in European football, his net so wide, you dont get any of this with Pochettino as all the good Southampton players will go where they want irrespective of him.

I always think with managers, who would I work for and respect? and I would work for FDB ahead of Poch, rafa, moyes as he seems driven and someone you can respect

Back
Top Bottom