New Sponsor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have to be careful, remember West Ham? (dodgy lasagne, the fuckers)

their shirt sponsor XL airways went bust,

they poo pooed Jiffy condoms and African Airways

and went for this option instead!!!

sponsorless460x276.jpg

:ade: :rafaaaa: :dawson:

that west ham shirt looks piss poor.But on the sponsor note how much do u think it would be with Beko ?? it would prob only be a year or 2 then another sponsor again on the shirts prob along with the Stadium name with that apparent Big Airline Company.Who would that be by the way think the main ones are taken saying no names but they finished 1st and 3rd so we going 2 fall behind in that or share one lol now that would be funny.Should go for Qantas on the shirts and have pre season out in Australia each year.

As the threads been derailed already, i've got to agree with Eperons, i wouldn't be at all comfortable having anything that was that close in design to such a defining symbol of fascists and neo nazis.

japan_new_axis.gif

It may be just a sponsor logo and i'm sure it wasn't intended in such a way, but neither was the stone island logo and yet it is for the very reason that it is so close to the Sun wheel that it's become an iconic fashion statement favoured by the fash. And with fascists and the far right currently changing their tactics to be more Islamophobic, they've taken to having Israeli flags at rallies. I'm pretty sure i don't have to spell this out. but combining both the idea that Spurs are the 'Jewish Club' and then having something so closely resembling a 'white power' symbol the risk is that those with far right tendencies would start aligning themselves with our club.

edl-reaper.jpg

To me it's not about whether the logo is meant in anyway, the origins of the sun wheel and swastika may be very old... but it's the outcome of having these symbols, of attracting the wrong elements to our club. You add football to the mix and they'll be drooling at the prospect.

As far as i'm concerned i'll be steering well clear. It wouldn't make me suspect someone was fash but it also wouldn't suprise me if it lead to seeing Spurs shirts at far right rallies alongside fascist symbolism.

sammyspurs said:
I came back to this (sponser) thread after a few days and it appears to deviated (somewhat) from (said) course. How queer.
Looks to me like we're still talking about future sponsors.

williams316 said:
Big Airline Company.Who would that be by the way
I'd be ok with this on our shirts:

VwVlr.png

Back
Top Bottom