New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All we have left now is the edge of the South stand roof and the cladding...The only other big thing left is the turf getting put down...
Hard to tell what is important to get done in order to obtain the sign off required to put on a football match. I would guess that the cladding isn't one of those. What seems to be required is the areas surrounding the stadium, the in's and out's and access points. All very well us having us walk through the stadium bowl in our last year at the Lane but that was when we had 35k going we will be nearly double that number, there seems to be a lot of work still required outside the stadium to cater for the new crowd (Wembley Way was just a traffic jam after a game and that was pedestrian only!).

I think the pitch is a piece of piss these days (although ours splitting into 3 complicates the process a tad) but would be the icing on the cake so to speak, makes it feel like home more than anything.

I thought we’d have a revised schedule for the opening by now but I imagine the club is wary of getting burnt after the last time.

The cl fixtures being announced tonight might speed up the announcement

I thought we’d have a revised schedule for the opening by now but I imagine the club is wary of getting burnt after the last time.

Saw on the BBC live text earlier that the club have said they haven't made any new announcements as they haven't yet had any further indication from UEFA about what they are expecting from us regarding where we can play.

Saw on the BBC live text earlier that the club have said they haven't made any new announcements as they haven't yet had any further indication from UEFA about what they are expecting from us regarding where we can play.

IMO UEFA will have told Spurs that they must know where all the group games are going to be played before the draw tonight.

Given no further update from Spurs so far, I think it puts us into a jam as we cannot commit to playing the CL games at NWL in say November at this point in time - its maybe still a week or two before we can be sure that the wiring or other problems that need resolving can definitely be fixed by that date.

So I'm half expecting all the CL Group games will need to be played at Wembley - and that within a couple of weeks we'll get an update on PL games when Spurs are certain when any problems can be resolved..

Hard to tell what is important to get done in order to obtain the sign off required to put on a football match. I would guess that the cladding isn't one of those. What seems to be required is the areas surrounding the stadium, the in's and out's and access points. All very well us having us walk through the stadium bowl in our last year at the Lane but that was when we had 35k going we will be nearly double that number, there seems to be a lot of work still required outside the stadium to cater for the new crowd (Wembley Way was just a traffic jam after a game and that was pedestrian only!).

I think the pitch is a piece of piss these days (although ours splitting into 3 complicates the process a tad) but would be the icing on the cake so to speak, makes it feel like home more than anything.

I think someone said many pages back that the stadium will still be worked on for some time but a lot of the work is not needed to stage a match. All about Public safety and getting permission.

“Shirts and stadiums provide a lot of exposure, but they don’t provide targeted measured actions, so you don’t know who is seeing them, you don’t know if the person is old or young, and you can’t tell a story.”

Yet another industry that are relying too much on numbers and traceable targets. The world is well and truly heading towards squeezing as much out of your investment as possible & there will be a huge gap for others to exploit with high risk high returns.

Companies used previous tools extremely well before without tracking demographics so I struggle to see why there isn't a maverick out there that sees that you don't need to track who sees something & at what time of day etc to still seriously enhance your brand. Too many people trying to be too smart, some will miss a trick because there's so many more things not necessarily technologically or numerically related that can make people value your brand. I hope a company acknowledges that & the fact our stadium is bang on a hugely busy high road, that we are a global brand & it will be a place where a further 62,000 people every two weeks, some from different parts of the UK & Europe will be visiting. I hate when companies fall back on numbers, it makes everything such a safe bet on paper but they lose so much ground using common sense & instinct

“Shirts and stadiums provide a lot of exposure, but they don’t provide targeted measured actions, so you don’t know who is seeing them, you don’t know if the person is old or young, and you can’t tell a story.”

Yet another industry that are relying too much on numbers and traceable targets. The world is well and truly heading towards squeezing as much out of your investment as possible & there will be a huge gap for others to exploit with high risk high returns.

Companies used previous tools extremely well before without tracking demographics so I struggle to see why there isn't a maverick out there that sees that you don't need to track who sees something & at what time of day etc to still seriously enhance your brand. Too many people trying to be too smart, some will miss a trick because there's so many more things not necessarily technologically or numerically related that can make people value your brand. I hope a company acknowledges that & the fact our stadium is bang on a hugely busy high road, that we are a global brand & it will be a place where a further 62,000 people every two weeks, some from different parts of the UK & Europe will be visiting. I hate when companies fall back on numbers, it makes everything such a safe bet on paper but they lose so much ground using common sense & instinct
Totally agree, Facebook/Cambridge analytica (if that’s what they are called I forget) totally revolutionised the way everyone wants to advertise. It’s not needed, not only is it morally wrong to try and gain information from people against their will, and then use it to create specifically tailored ad campaigns, it’s also highly over rated. They are missing out on so many opportunities for new consumers.

I hope we push past this but I can only see it getting worse. There are stories of women getting baby ads popping up on social media sites before they have even taken a test to know they are pregnant! Because Facebook can tell they are likely to be pregnant due to the times they are posting and nature of their posts.

Sorry if I got a bit conspiracy theory there, let’s just hope the club sort this out. I’m going to bed lol! :pochrolleyes:

Last edited:
Totally agree, Facebook/Cambridge analytica (if that’s what they are called I forget) totally revolutionised the way everyone wants to advertise. It’s not needed, not only is it morally wrong to try and gain information from people against their will, and then use it to create specifically tailored ad campaigns, it’s also highly over rated. They are missing out on so many opportunities for new consumers.

I hope we push past this but I can only see it getting worse. There are stories of women getting baby ads popping up on social media sites before they have even taken a test to know they are pregnant! Because Facebook can tell they are likely to be pregnant due to the times they are posting and nature of their posts.

Sorry if I got a bit conspiracy theory there, let’s just hope the club sort this out. I’m going to be lol! :pochrolleyes:

I get what you're saying. It's a get rich, get success quick scheme that completely disregards the human element. Don't get me wrong it's a great tool to have/ use but solely relying on it is a big risk to many businesses as everyone will use it, it isn't an art that involves the human touch and is very much of a muchness when everyone uses it.

It is basically lazy. It cuts corners and companies miss out on the most important thing because of it. Loyalt built on buy in & repeat business because you developed a meaningful relationship with that customer. A lot of sharks do business now because of these tools, it would be great for us to sell the rights to a business seeing its potential before numbers swarm all over a spreadsheet or a line graph. I reckon Daniel will get something solid from an emerging brand we aren't used to hearing. Something similar to the lesser known AIA we secured prior to us partnering with them. We're great for a business looking for an emerging market, but equally it comes with risk based on our in field success

The London Legacy Development Corporation – which owns West Ham’s stadium – has been trying to find a brand since the end of the 2012 London Olympics. An LLDC spokesperson said: “We have worked hard to establish the London Stadium as a multi-use venue and this is appealing to potential sponsors.”

unfortunately they have west ham playing there, and that is appalling to potential sponsors

Sorry if I got a bit conspiracy theory there, let’s just hope the club sort this out. I’m going to bed lol! :pochrolleyes:
And don't forget, if you set your alarm at bed time on your phone, Google also know what time you go to sleep and when you wake up, and can target ads accordingly. Sweet dreams!

Back
Top Bottom