New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

image.php

Veil on the West side of the stadium continues to progress - so difficult to forecast progress going forward as the guys on the cherry pickers seem to spend hours going over parts of the veil that others have put up - but with all the framework in place up to the veil, you'd hope that within a week all or the vast the majority of the rest of the west side will be fully veiled.

The TV screen to the left of the stairs and right of the main entrance now looks complete - but I assume this will be tested before surrounded by the veil, and that could delay completion of the veil !

Bit the veil is looking better and better the more complete it is !

I agree and think they'll work from the left all the way up to the screen then work their way from the right (top of the SS) around to the screen whilst testing is being done which should reduce the effect of testing on completion

It looks lovely and all that but even as an old cunt now, a few games i'd still be bored and wish it was the 80s and i was back on the shelf.
I've done executive seating (nothing on this level but entry-level Lounge at old WHL) and been in the West Stand box a few times and it's shit. Just not how I like to watch my football. I love to be in the throng of it all.

I do however think that have nailed it with creating a "club" like feel with the posh bits, so they can all mingle then disappear into the boxes etc. One thing that keeps people going back is the relationships they form at the ground, the more connected they are the more likely they are to continue to cough up £50k per year.

I am interested though to see the options of taking a table to celebrate a birthday or somesuch in the new place, that Sky "thingy" when it's open could be great for a group of mates to enjoy a day together at Spurs.

I've been watching this thread with keen anticipation. The new stadium is significant to many, for a variety of reasons. My personal reason was my Dad seeing his beloved Spurs running out for the first time.

Unfortunately whilst immensely strong he just couldn't deal with everything that was thrown at him and in the end lost the battle.

In the weeks leading up to his death, when the reality sunk in that he could fight it no longer, the triviality of football became apparent, it's merely a distraction from normal life and the things that really matter.

So my Dad, my best friend and my rock has gone but not without teaching me one more lesson.

Love you Dad, always will.

First off. Hope you’re ok.

Won’t lie reading that had me in bits.

Obviously have no ideas what your beliefs are but my thoughts are with you and your family.

I've done executive seating (nothing on this level but entry-level Lounge at old WHL) and been in the West Stand box a few times and it's shit. Just not how I like to watch my football. I love to be in the throng of it all.

I do however think that have nailed it with creating a "club" like feel with the posh bits, so they can all mingle then disappear into the boxes etc. One thing that keeps people going back is the relationships they form at the ground, the more connected they are the more likely they are to continue to cough up £50k per year.

I am interested though to see the options of taking a table to celebrate a birthday or somesuch in the new place, that Sky "thingy" when it's open could be great for a group of mates to enjoy a day together at Spurs.
Same, the boxes in the East stand were closed off so you had to pipe in the crowd noise via a speaker, plus you still can't (shouldn't) drink while the game is going on. Think it was 20-30k per season.

Same, the boxes in the East stand were closed off so you had to pipe in the crowd noise via a speaker, plus you still can't (shouldn't) drink while the game is going on. Think it was 20-30k per season.
Yes you shouldn't drink in the boxes but coffee cups are full of wine, been once.

Brazil playing their friendlies at Emirates and then in ... Stadium:mk?
they like playing in England so much we should host them next time, all in one package deal along with the training ground

The ones I've been in in the old East (above the Shelf) had a door out to a balcony area so wasn't too bad for atmosphere, I thought it was the same the whole stand? The West ones were all closed

This has went from my least to most favourite thread in one night. The stadium with the pitch lit up looks outstanding. Moar!
How was this ever your least favourite thread???, christ man i'm guessing you haven't been on the "Brexit thread" or the "Did a man actually land on the moon?" thread

The ones I've been in in the old East (above the Shelf) had a door out to a balcony area so wasn't too bad for atmosphere, I thought it was the same the whole stand? The West ones were all closed
The east stand boxes were enclosed behind glass after the shelf renovation in the early 90's.
vew-of-the-refurbished-east-stand-at-tottenham-hotspurs-white-hart-picture-id693542919

And in the later years, the club started to open up the boxes at West Stand, as seen on the left:
33F445E300000578-3579483-image-a-65_1462713397807.jpg

The east stand boxes were enclosed behind glass after the shelf renovation in the early 90's.
vew-of-the-refurbished-east-stand-at-tottenham-hotspurs-white-hart-picture-id693542919

And in the later years, the club started to open up the boxes at West Stand, as seen on the left:
33F445E300000578-3579483-image-a-65_1462713397807.jpg
This (below) is how it was when I used to get into East boxes in the 2000s. See the two rows between the "Under Armour" and "HP" advertising. They're outside, with the glass-fronted boxes behind. There was an outdoor seat for every box attendee in that stand.

whitehartlane11.JPG

Edit - on this one you can see the door I was talking about to get outside.

images

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom