New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got the email this morning, subject "New Stadium Update – Woolwich fixture". Busy to open the email and assumed stadium ready for the match and over the moon. Just now opened the email.....

'The next few weeks are pivotel'

Fuck me hardly an inspiring quote.
giphy.gif

How long do you think it will take ,if ever to get a magical feeling about Wembley back again after we return home?
It was such a Special stadium in the old days.The new one has never felt the same, but since playing there permanently ,it has killed it for ever for me, i fear.

How long do you think it will take ,if ever to get a magical feeling about Wembley back again after we return home?
It was such a Special stadium in the old days.The new one has never felt the same, but since playing there permanently ,it has killed it for ever for me, i fear.
We've had such a horrible history of choking when it counts at Wembley that I still believe losing that feeling of it being a special place is only good for the club.

Arriving at the stadium for the Man City final in 81 was just something else. I had been to some England games there but that Saturdayin May had such a sense of occasion. I am with you Sean the last season and a half has made me hate the place. Nothing traditional anymore, everyone plays there for semi finals, play offs and all sorts and that has taken away the magic for certain.

Why bother opening it in March now?

Just wait till the new season, give us time to bed in.

Can you imagine if our title charge halted in the new stadiums

I'll just never for the life of me understand this mentality!? I don't care if it's only the last game of the season we play there I want to be in asap! It's needed so badly for us as a club! and going into the summer having settled there and played a few games there is so important! It'll lift the whole club. I don't want another summer to pass where we haven't played there yet.

Sick of it man!

Arriving at the stadium for the Man City final in 81 was just something else. I had been to some England games there but that Saturdayin May had such a sense of occasion. I am with you Sean the last season and a half has made me hate the place. Nothing traditional anymore, everyone plays there for semi finals, play offs and all sorts and that has taken away the magic for certain.
Same as that.I had been to several England games with my Dads firm,schreibers(they ran coaches) but first time with Spurs was 81.The replay night will live with me forever.As i said in another thread,i am ashamed to say i have turned down tickets(midweek) several times this season.

For those interested in Spurs involvement of the wider re-generation of the area.

500 White Hart Lane (offered to Archway Metals as a new home when we were negotiating to purchase their site in the middle of NWHL) then had planning permission for a housing scheme of some 300 flats with circa 40% social housing approved, albeit with some objections from some locals. The land plot seems to either have been sold to Fairview Homes or there is some sort of JV, but Fairview Homes are now making good progress with planning permission for a very different scheme of new homes. Property for sale in Tottenham | Matrix

For those interested in Spurs involvement of the wider re-generation of the area.

500 White Hart Lane (offered to Archway Metals as a new home when we were negotiating to purchase their site in the middle of NWHL) then had planning permission for a housing scheme of some 300 flats with circa 40% social housing approved, albeit with some objections from some locals. The land plot seems to either have been sold to Fairview Homes or there is some sort of JV, but Fairview Homes are now making good progress with planning permission for a very different scheme of new homes. Property for sale in Tottenham | Matrix
We are doing Haringey council housing dept's job for them.And to think they messed us about for years.

We are doing Haringey council housing dept's job for them.And to think they messed us about for years.

Think its true to say Spurs have already built more homes in Harringey (almost 300 with about 40% social housing) than Haringey has in the last 40 years, since it was rebuilt in the 60's and 70's.

And once planning permission is complete on 500 WHL, and with the Goods Yard Scheme (which Harringey is blocking) the number will more than double, probably to closer to 800 new homes. And once the outline planning permission for the flats to the south of NWHL development is changed to full planning permission and the flats built (again with circa 40% social housing) the number will be well over 1,000

Haringey Council (where Corbyn was a councillor in the late 70's, Abbott later and their acolytes in control now) are being dragged kicking and screaming into regenerating the area bit by bit. They've achieved nothing so far.

Think its true to say Spurs have already built more homes in Harringey (almost 300 with about 40% social housing) than Haringey has in the last 40 years, since it was rebuilt in the 60's and 70's.

And once planning permission is complete on 500 WHL, and with the Goods Yard Scheme (which Harringey is blocking) the number will more than double, probably to closer to 800 new homes. And once the outline planning permission for the flats to the south of NWHL development is changed to full planning permission and the flats built (again with circa 40% social housing) the number will be well over 1,000

Haringey Council (where Corbyn was a councillor in the late 70's, Abbott later and their acolytes in control now) are being dragged kicking and screaming into regenerating the area bit by bit. They've achieved nothing so far.
Yep.I live in the borough.They abolished band D of the housing register and stated that they have no plans to house anyone from band C. A complete shithouse of a council

Back
Top Bottom