New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet another master stroke from Levy. Kane out for a month or so, Daniel chips in with a proven Fox in the Box.
Can't love the man enough.
:levylol:
Maybe he fears something similar happening to him which is why he never goes near a transfer window....

If this is honestly true its cunty in the extreme.

You really don't see this?
:dembelewtf:

Bf6M9cR.jpg

For reference, the East Stand cladding most definitely went up faster than the West Stand's (whether that made a difference to the builders' adherence to the stipulated layout or otherwise).

Some people like the cladding, a few do not

Some don't like the way the different 'shades of grey' (or is that Gray) are arranged

Some don't like that some of the panels are open (a few for ventilation of machinery but most purely cosmetic reasons) and others shut

But its all part of the final design - its not a random builders choice

Some don't like the way the different 'shades of grey' (or is that Gray) are arranged

Some don't like that some of the panels are open (a few for ventilation of machinery but most purely cosmetic reasons) and others shut

It's all very well architects designing this stuff, but it's not always practical; how many relatively new buildings have netting and spikes stuck on them after a few years to deter nesting/roosting birds.

I'm concerned that it will begin to look a bit shit once it gets a few pigeons nesting in it and crapping on it and some Tesco (or more likely Sainsbury's) carrier bags and other litter gets caught in it.

I'm concerned that it will begin to look a bit shit once it gets a few pigeons nesting in it and crapping on it and some Tesco (or more likely Sainsbury's) carrier bags and other litter gets caught in it.

We can always use the bullets left over from killing all the foxes. :harryhmm:

Last edited:
That's always been the design. Those panels can't be fitted any other way as the frame they're on accomodates them like that.

Look at this image that shows loads of panels "open":
new_tottenham_stadium49.jpg

Wait, I'm not sure that you two get what I was trying to say:

> I like the cladding
> I like the choice of aluminium and the varying transparency
> I like the fact that some of them are at a permanent 'open' and catch sunlight differently as the day progresses

My issue is that while the placement of 'open' panel sections is nicely pseudo-random on the West stand, their placement on the East stand looks comparatively naff - as specifically circled in the screenshot I posted.
Bf6M9cR.jpg

For reference, the East Stand cladding most definitely went up faster than the West Stand's (whether that made a difference to the builders' adherence to the stipulated layout or otherwise).

Wait, I'm not sure that you two get what I was trying to say:

> I like the cladding
> I like the choice of aluminium and the varying transparency
> I like the fact that some of them are at a permanent 'open' and catch sunlight differently as the day progresses

My issue is that while the placement of 'open' panel sections is nicely pseudo-random on the West stand, their placement on the East stand looks comparatively naff - as specifically circled in the screenshot I posted.
The west stand doesn't have as much plant placed along it, most of it on that side is pushed out to the corners (N/W and S/W), whereas on the East Stand that strip is almost entirely there because there is plant behind it. The panels are open where there is the plant so that it is ventilated and therefore cooled.

The west stand doesn't have as much plant placed along it, most of it on that side is pushed out to the corners (N/W and S/W), whereas on the East Stand that strip is almost entirely there because there is plant behind it. The panels are open where there is the plant so that it is ventilated and therefore cooled.
Ah, if that's the reason for it, then fair enough (though it could be visually balanced with a few more 'open' underneath to blend it better).

It's somewhat moot anyway as the West Stand will be the one focussed upon for publicity purposes/TV broadcasts with the exception of NFL.
But fuck NFL.
:allitongue:

Stadium is definitely getting closer to opening as the last few days they have been blasting out safety messages in Tottenham as if some sort of disaster is going on.

It's all very well architects designing this stuff, but it's not always practical; how many relatively new buildings have netting and spikes stuck on them after a few years to deter nesting/roosting birds.

As it's Aluminium, we can just electrify the whole thing.

Problem solved.

When you say 'open' what do you mean? The 'open' panels have glass in them.

When you say 'open' what do you mean? The 'open' panels have glass in them.
The metal panels are all perforated, some of them are not flat but are "open" at an angle. Behind most of these open perforated metal panels is the plant (the generators, air ducts, compressors, air con units etc.etc..) no plant is behind glass panels, they are deliberately put this way so they are kept cool and ventilated.

The metal panels are all perforated, some of them are not flat but are "open" at an angle. Behind most of these open perforated metal panels is the plant (the generators, air ducts, compressors, air con units etc.etc..) no plant is behind glass panels, they are deliberately put this way so they are kept cool and ventilated.
The 'open' perforated panels have glass IN them. They are not 'open' in that sense. Only for light.

The 'open' perforated panels have glass IN them. They are not 'open' in that sense. Only for light.
They don't (well 80% of them). There is nothing behind them apart from plant. I not sure if we are talking at cross purposes here, the outer skin, the stuff on the framework are metal perforated panels, some of them have lights on the edge, and I'm guessing others have lights behind them (they shine through the perforations). The glass is the "skin/wall" at the next layer, behind some of the perforated panels. There is absolutely no glass in the perforated panels themselves.

Back
Top Bottom