New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like a kid on Xmas Eve.

WHAT'S ON TOMORROW

Live music and entertainment throughout the day

We will have live bands performing at our Feature Bars - The Shelf, The White Hart, and The Dispensary - throughout the day and a DJ set post-match at the South Stand Market Place.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR BAR LOCATIONS

Mauricio to appear at half-time

We have a special guest at half-time – none other than Mauricio Pochettino.
MORE INFORMATION

To celebrate the first match at the new stadium, fans can enjoy a pie and a pint for just £5. The promotion will run from the Tap Inns, which are situated in every stand, during the first hour of opening pre-match (1-2pm).

These guys will make history ... whatever else they do in life they will always have the memory of playing in the first ever competitive match at our new home ...

I think those opening 5 seconds are shot from my fucking seat!!!!!!! That's my fucking view!!
t.hanks_.gif

Here's another thought, only a couple more videos of this egotist to endure!!
:freundgoal:
Congratulations on him being the first Spurs fan who can't wait to have WHL Station renamed too!!!
:avbnaa:
Anyone notice that he has purchased nearly 300k fake Twitter followers in the last week or so, literally jumped from around 20K mark to 300k!!
:gallas:

Here's another thought, only a couple more videos of this egotist to endure!!
:freundgoal:
Congratulations on him being the first Spurs fan who can't wait to have WHL Station renamed too!!!
:avbnaa:
Anyone notice that he has purchased nearly 300k fake Twitter followers in the last week or so, literally jumped from around 20K mark to 300k!!
:gallas:
You can hate or love anyone you want, but your Twitter statement isn't true:
(The huge dip was caused by Twitter generally erasing all inactive/spam accounts from its platform)
V0zEeY3.png

These guys will make history ... whatever else they do in life they will always have the memory of playing in the first ever competitive match at our new home ...

Troy Parrott in the 'squad' photo towards the end of the video.

He's been out injured so not sure if that is significant (ie he might play) or not - he could have come from doing gym work and still not be fit.

The website has a rather good approach at determining fake accounts:

Each audit takes a sample of up to 5000 (or more, if you subscribe to Pro) Twitter followers for a user and calculates a score for each follower. This score is based on number of tweets, date of the last tweet, and ratio of followers to friends. We use these scores to determine whether any given user is real or fake.

But like already mentioned, the audit has been done almost 6 years ago.

If a new audit would yield the same result, I would stand corrected of course

Spurs bringing forward another residential development !

867-879highroad.co.uk/

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is preparing to bring forward plans for the redevelopment of 867-879 High Road.
Our plans would transform the site by delivering:

• Around 300 new homes including up to 40% affordable housing – set in well-designed new green spaces and public realm.

• The sensitive refurbishment and conversion of an existing Grade II listed building at 867-869 High Road.

• New shared amenity space for the local community – easily accessible and situated within a beautifully landscaped environment.

• Improved pedestrian and cycle access – linking the neighbouring Cannon Road development and the Club’s Goods Yard site to the south and improving access to White Hart Lane station for the local community.
We held our public exhibition for our proposals on Saturday 9th and Tuesday 12th March at the Haringey Irish Cultural & Community Centre in Tottenham. If you were unable to attend, the exhibition materials are available to download below and you can submit feedback via email or Freephone.

Working with F3 Architects and Arup as masterplanner, the Club is proposing a new development of high quality homes, including up to 40% affordable, and a new public park.

The site is currently occupied by the B&M Homestore, retail units and car park and is situated on Tottenham High Road opposite the junction with Brantwood Road. It is bounded to the north by the Cannon Road development, which the Club delivered in partnership with Newlon Housing Trust to provide 222 new homes (100% of which are affordable) and Brook House Primary School; and to the south by the Peacock Industrial Estate.

If you have any questions about our proposals, please contact us using the details below, our project team will be able to answer any questions you may have.

aerial-map-web.jpg

The website has a rather good approach at determining fake accounts:

Each audit takes a sample of up to 5000 (or more, if you subscribe to Pro) Twitter followers for a user and calculates a score for each follower. This score is based on number of tweets, date of the last tweet, and ratio of followers to friends. We use these scores to determine whether any given user is real or fake.

But like already mentioned, the audit has been done almost 6 years ago.

If a new audit would yield the same result, I would stand corrected of course
Don't get what/how the audit is 5yrs ago (are they saying the data is that old?), I put in his address into the audit an hour or so ago. There are many of other people able to do audits but not sure how accurate they are as I've never heard of them, but have heard of SparkScore and they have his engagement score as incredibly low, something that is typical from purchased fake accounts, as well because they are fake they don't engage.

Anywho, don't really want to waste my time on this guy. He bores me shitless.

Tottenham Hotspur’s new home sets benchmark for modern stadia

Tottenham Hotspur’s new home sets benchmark for modern stadia
For Tottenham, finally the home stage is reached. After seemingly endless delays, after embarrassing hold-ups, after an ever-lengthening stay at a temporary home that grew less appealing by the day, on Wednesday April 3, more than seven months after it was first scheduled to happen, the new Tottenham Stadium will open for business.

In order to reach this stage, Christopher Lee, of the architecture consultancy Populous, has done something not many in football would envy: he has spent much of the past six years in the company of the Spurs chairman Daniel Levy. Together with the man he calls “the most demanding client I have ever worked with (and I mean that in a positive way)” Lee has travelled the world, visiting dozens of buildings, seeking out ideas and features that might be incorporated, magpie-like, into the new stadium he was designing.

“Everywhere we went – arenas, airports, concert halls – he’d see something that he liked,” he says of Levy. “Maybe the bar there, the cladding there, the line of the roof there. He never stopped. He sends out dozens of emails at ungodly times, I don’t think he ever sleeps. From the moment we started the process six years ago, he has been hell bent on one thing: delivering the perfect stadium.”

And when the doors finally open to welcome Tottenham’s fans for the game against Crystal Palace, after a test Under-18 game against Southampton tomorrow when attendance is capped at 30,000, Lee reckons Levy may well have got precisely what he asked for.

“It’s a new benchmark in stadiums,” he says. “And more than that. It is a genuinely civic facility.”

It has been more than a decade since the Premier League last saw a new, purpose-built football ground. When Woolwich’s Emirates opened at the start of the 2006-07 season, in its sight lines and spectator offerings it made the previous generation of stadiums look moribund. In the 12 years since it opened, however, ideas have shifted. And the fans filing in for the Palace game will discover that the new Tottenham building presents a substantial departure from what has come before. Not least in its cost: some £700 million has been spent, £300 million more than the price of the Woolwich stadium.

“A huge amount has changed since the Emirates opened,” says Lee. “This building is radically different.”

And, despite the huge atrium packed with stalls offering street food, despite the bar stretching several hundred yards along one wall, despite the microbrewery offering up Spurs’s own, home-brewed ale, perhaps the most significant adjustment from the previous norm the fans will encounter is in the arrangement of the stands. A central feature of the previous generation of super stadia, like the Emirates and Spurs’ temporary accommodation at Wembley, was the sandwich layer of corporate hospitality seats spinning around the entire circumference. At the Tottenham Stadium that has gone. In its stead is a single steep sweep of a south stand, seating 17,500 fans in one vertiginous tier.

“Dortmund’s Yellow Wall was a big inspiration here,” Lee says of the stand.

“But there is a nod to English stadium history, too. Memories of the big noise generators of the past, like the Anfield Kop.”

Under Levy’s insistent direction, the design has done everything to facilitate atmosphere: the intention is that it will be noisy in there.

“What we wanted to create was a bit more identity,” says Lee. “Noise is massively important in that. So we have worked on delivering fantastic acoustics. We have thought of the stand as we would a concert arena, using sound engineers to advise on the best construction methods to produce quick reverberation times. What we effectively have here is a 17,500-seat megaphone.”

The idea is this will become a building which, in its vibrant ingenuity, will be an attraction in itself.

“I think what has happened in the past 10 years has been a huge rethinking about the fan experience,” he adds. “For too long we in English football have been guilty of expecting fans to behave in a way they don’t in their normal daily lives. What we are trying to do here is allow everyone a choice in experience: let them select where they want to eat, where they want to drink, from the lowest price to the highest price. American sports do it very well. Even in the cheapest seat in an NFL stadium, the experience is of the very highest level.”

There is a commercial imperative in all this. As television coverage becomes ever more immersive – and comprehensive – there has to be a compelling offer for supporters to fork out substantial sums to attend a live game. The new stadium, its architect insists, will provide an irresistible lure: even on a cold, wet Wednesday night in March this will be a place to be.

“The venue is now part of the experience,” Lee explains. “Think of Woolwich moving from Highbury, a lovely ground, but the experience was pretty c--p. We’re more than 10 years on from the Emirates; things have advanced.”

Not least in the use of the stadium. This has been designed to play host to two different sports: football and NFL. It is a double life which has tested the ingenuity of the architects. The grass football pitch will be swished out, to reveal an artificial gridiron surface below; there is a dressing-room area substantial enough to fit the vast NFL squads; even the American media’s preference for watching matches from behind glass has been accommodated, while the football press box remains out in the middle of the stands. Nothing has been overlooked.

But what pleases Lee more is the manner in which the new building, for all its cutting-edge design, melds into its environment. While Levy’s ambition might have been mocked by some as nothing more than an arms race attempt to go one better than Woolwich, the architect says there is much more to it than that. What the chairman wanted was a building which was expansive, inviting and inclusive, one open to the area in which it sits.

“Daniel has this vision that this stadium will kick start the regeneration Tottenham, in the same way the new stadium has at Wembley,” says Lee.

“Clearly the area has been chronically underinvested in. But it has a fantastic fabric, the bones are all there. The fact is this building will have a huge effect in delivering inward investment. Football clubs are hugely culturally important, architecture has to respond to that. What we hope we have delivered is a stadium that belongs to Tottenham. What we have got here is a de facto city hall.”

Don't get what/how the audit is 5yrs ago (are they saying the data is that old?), I put in his address into the audit an hour or so ago. There are many of other people able to do audits but not sure how accurate they are as I've never heard of them, but have heard of SparkScore and they have his engagement score as incredibly low, something that is typical from purchased fake accounts, as well because they are fake they don't engage.

Anywho, don't really want to waste my time on this guy. He bores me shitless.
I think the "% fake fans" was calculated 5 years ago, and is applied to the live amount of followers

But let's just stick to our magnificent stadium though :dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom