New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just watched the Artyb vid & looked at photo's on SSC forum, I'm struck by how much the crowd looks like me middle aged (old in my case) white men,
maybe its just got radio on and they are talking about racist at England game, so its more in my mind

back on to the test event, what were they "testing" ?
they didn't evacuate the stadium,
was it testing the speakers with folks in there ?
was it more a familarisation for the staff ?

just watched the Artyb vid & looked at photo's on SSC forum, I'm struck by how much the crowd looks like me middle aged (old in my case) white men,
maybe its just got radio on and they are talking about racist at England game, so its more in my mind

They would’ve tested pretty much everything. From the ticket scanners, to the urinals flushing.

The flow of people around the stadium is probably a big one from a H&S point of view, and to achieve the safety certificate.

The club would've wanted to see if there were any issues with catering, bars etc that they can get ironed out before the stadium is at full capacity.

No Dalmat. Pity, as he 'played' for both
Technically, he played... but he never really played for us!
...y'know, in the actual skill-set/game-changing impact/lasting legacy sense of the word!

He joins an illustrious list;

:clintonohshit::paulinhobored::gallashmm::gio::saha::chadliwtf:

Was taking the piss out of a West Ham fan just now by reminiscing about this photo of their place over ours and I noticed something about the plans for the new stadium.

Every corner has a doorway or opening. You don't see that with many stadiums, even new builds. Usually there's one opening, two max yet we've got walkways or ways in/out in every corner. The North East corner is for the emergency services and the NFL but does anyone have any idea what the others are, especially the ones where the East & West stands meet the South Stand?
D2gRuuPVYAEZF3L

it's a good vid. skip the first 4mins.
shows a side that i wouldn't necessarily get to see.
well worth a watch
I’m up in 501 so the next block along to where this bloke was. My first time in the new gaff will be Palace, so I was interested to see what it was like. It sucks that there is a million flights of stairs. I wonder why they went for stairs over escalators like at that other stadium we borrowed whose name shall not be mentioned until it’s a cup final again? Space I suppose? Also the stairs looked a bit grotty already - just drab concrete. Weird that they didn’t go for theming/cladding or branding over the walls - especially as you have to trudge up and down them for so long. A few quite narrow choke points along the concourse as well. Ah well. The main thing is the bowl itself and it’s fucking magnificent. The rest is just window dressing. Roll on next Wednesday.

Technically, he played... but he never really played for us!
...y'know, in the actual skill-set/game-changing impact/lasting legacy sense of the word!

He joins an illustrious list;

:clintonohshit::paulinhobored::gallashmm::gio::saha::chadliwtf:

For the life of me I can’t remember who it was against, but I remember him having a fucking outstanding game for us against someone. Kanoute ended up with a hatrick, but Dalmat got MOTM he was so good.

Unfortunately fell victim to the big mouth of Jamie OHara, and was effectively chucked out for slapping him.

Back
Top Bottom