New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone help me, please? My latest Spurs email contains a survey and I'm trying to complete it. I want to answer all of the questions honestly, but this one has got me hesitating. I'm fairly sure I'm 'Male', but I don't want to tick that box until I've considered all the options fully.
I know I could be Male, Female or Transgender, but what else could I be?...

APjdmfN.png

Thanks in advance.
:roflmao: They're trying to be PC but can't even get it right, 'Trans' is not a gender itself. But some people would put non-binary or other such things in the box, although I'm guessing most of the responses are jokes.

:roflmao: They're trying to be PC but can't even get it right, 'Trans' is not a gender itself. But some people would put non-binary or other such things in the box, although I'm guessing most of the responses are jokes.
Blimey! I wasn't expecting a serious answer! Thanks - but what the hell is non-binary?

Blimey! I wasn't expecting a serious answer! Thanks - but what the hell is non-binary?

Pretty much what it says on the tin, people who don't see themselves as men or women. Then there's a millions variants within that (e.g. people who see themselves as fluid, like men some days and women others, vs those who don't subscribe to the idea of "gender" at all) so it's easier just to have an "Other" box these days and let people get on with it. There's also some cases where people are born not being clearly one or the other - such as having indeterminate genitals/reproductive systems ("Hermaphrodites"), or having sex chromosomes other than the typical XX for women or XY for men (XXY, or "Klinefelter's Syndrome", being the most common of those).

Can someone help me, please? My latest Spurs email contains a survey and I'm trying to complete it. I want to answer all of the questions honestly, but this one has got me hesitating. I'm fairly sure I'm 'Male', but I don't want to tick that box until I've considered all the options fully.
I know I could be Male, Female or Transgender, but what else could I be?...

APjdmfN.png

Thanks in advance.

Otherkin

I hate those cunts. It's always a fucking over-romanticised (or never existed) beastie.

Wolfkin, or dragonkin( I mean, really. Spiritually something that never existed. Riiiighttttttt. Most of those cunts think a wyvern is a dragon , thanks to game of thrones , anyway. Twats).

Never "sausage dog kin", or "manky stray tom cat from the local dump kin"
Pretentious gobshites, the lot of them

I think we will hold off until the two October NFL games have been played, the added exposure will increase the price.

Why not sign naming rights deal in mid September (say) when the NFL games are being actively marketed and probable number of spectators already known so the new sponsor has his name linked on TV for the 2 NFL games - NFl games are not new in London so expected audience size is probably already known.

No point in stadium sponsor signing to wait another 6 months for next NFL game.

Why not sign naming rights deal in mid September (say) when the NFL games are being actively marketed and probable number of spectators already known so the new sponsor has his name linked on TV for the 2 NFL games - NFl games are not new in London so expected audience size is probably already known.

No point in stadium sponsor signing to wait another 6 months for next NFL game.

Just my opinion - the first NFL games are the point where the stadium has gained almost maximum exposure world wide. There will be some potential sponsors that won't have even thought about the naming rights deal until those games are played.

Just my opinion - the first NFL games are the point where the stadium has gained almost maximum exposure world wide. There will be some potential sponsors that won't have even thought about the naming rights deal until those games are played.

Re the last point, I'm pretty sure spurs will have contacted virtually every marketing agency to find the relatively short lists of companies likely to be able to spend circa £20m pa on this kind of marketing. And have probably spent the last 18 months or so giving presentations of the virtues of the stadium - and since it's been open given quite a few tours to marketing agencies and big corporstes.

In terms of timing I was once told 'sell on expectations not past events' but imo DL can both try to sell in advance and if he gets an offer he likes can accept that, and if he didn't get the right offer can wait until NFL games have happened as you suggest.

Re the last point, I'm pretty sure spurs will have contacted virtually every marketing agency to find the relatively short lists of companies likely to be able to spend circa £20m pa on this kind of marketing. And have probably spent the last 18 months or so giving presentations of the virtues of the stadium - and since it's been open given quite a few tours to marketing agencies and big corporstes.

In terms of timing I was once told 'sell on expectations not past events' but imo DL can both try to sell in advance and if he gets an offer he likes can accept that, and if he didn't get the right offer can wait until NFL games have happened as you suggest.

I'm sure they have, but American companies can be pretty short sighted in my experience - they get their own world but don't understand markets elsewhere. The NFL games will be the first time some take any real notice of how good the stadium is.

The whole selling process will be being handled by a big agency, sure DL will do the deal but he won't be the one holding pitch meetings with the marketing teas at X,Y,Z .... loads of companies have done 'research' on the value of naming rights Duff and Phelps came up with this: Man United are top of the list with £26.75m, followed by Man City at £21.9m, Spurs, then Liverpool on £16.9m, Chelsea on £16.75m, and Woolwich on £16.65m.

The best time to sell anything with a marketing angle is just before a major event ... my guess is that just prior to the first NFL game is favourite ... but that's a pure guess.

We are not the first to sell naming rights and we will have learned from others mistakes ... don't take the first offer and don't tie up the deal to tightly. Woolwich's first Emirates deal in 2004 (100m for shirt and stadium sponsorship over 10 years) looked good at the time, but just a couple of years later it looked terrible and by 2014 it looked like the worst deal ever made .... hindsight is a wonderful thing

So rushing into a deal just when the club is gaining momentum isn't necessary ... wait, negotiate, build in all sorts of increases and get the best deal possible ... if that takes two years plus then fine, far better that than rushing into a deal that ultimately costs you 10's of millions in lost revenue down the line ....

The whole selling process will be being handled by a big agency, sure DL will do the deal but he won't be the one holding pitch meetings with the marketing teas at X,Y,Z .... loads of companies have done 'research' on the value of naming rights Duff and Phelps came up with this: Man United are top of the list with £26.75m, followed by Man City at £21.9m, Spurs, then Liverpool on £16.9m, Chelsea on £16.75m, and Woolwich on £16.65m.

The best time to sell anything with a marketing angle is just before a major event ... my guess is that just prior to the first NFL game is favourite ... but that's a pure guess.

We are not the first to sell naming rights and we will have learned from others mistakes ... don't take the first offer and don't tie up the deal to tightly. Woolwich's first Emirates deal in 2004 (100m for shirt and stadium sponsorship over 10 years) looked good at the time, but just a couple of years later it looked terrible and by 2014 it looked like the worst deal ever made .... hindsight is a wonderful thing

So rushing into a deal just when the club is gaining momentum isn't necessary ... wait, negotiate, build in all sorts of increases and get the best deal possible ... if that takes two years plus then fine, far better that than rushing into a deal that ultimately costs you 10's of millions in lost revenue down the line ....

If we also spend big on certain players this summer and raise the clubs profile in doing so it should also give us greater appeal as a team here to stay as opposed to a one off chancer season like a few will see us as after the Champions League last year.

Whacking down a fair old chunk on a somewhat elite level signing or two could do wonders for the bartering had at boardroom level for naming rights. Any reservations that it's not a worthwhile long term investment could be calmed if we dip our foot in with record signings and transfer deals smashed I'd say as well.

Look at how Liverpool have kicked on since last season. The Karius laughing stock to arguably one of the best teams on the continent. Signings can cost money but they can also make you money if done so wisely like Juve tried with the Ronaldo-mania type deal.

Last edited:
Oh dear. I can't stop thinking up crap chants.

Maybe too late, but I've got one for the Stadium.

Welcome Home, Well-ll-come
White Hart Lane
We're Home Again

We've been Gone, too-oo-oo long
White Hart Lane
We're Home Again

And the tune? Try the chorus to this little beauty...

The other week I tried to get NFL season tickets (both games) - sold out in minutes. Today tried to get single tickets - sold out in minutes.
Look on third party sites and tickets already being resold for silly money. Bloody annoying.

The other week I tried to get NFL season tickets (both games) - sold out in minutes. Today tried to get single tickets - sold out in minutes.
Look on third party sites and tickets already being resold for silly money. Bloody annoying.
Couple of guys I work with were trying to get tickets for the second game but had no joy. I'd love to have gone but I'm on holiday

Back
Top Bottom