New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would it be too much to ask for Spurs fans to not piss on the floor in the toilets please?

I get that being Spurs fans gives us massive, obstructing bollocks - and the 1 million per minute upward filling pints add to the calculation problems involved in hitting a urinal - but lets make an effort huh?

To Care Is To Do.

Would it be too much to ask for Spurs fans to not piss on the floor in the toilets please?

I get that being Spurs fans gives us massive, obstructing bollocks - and the 1 million per minute upward filling pints add to the calculation problems involved in hitting a urinal - but lets make an effort huh?

To Care Is To Do.

I've had a stent put in through my penis and out through my penis.

I can't piss straight anymore

:dembelefingers:

To Care Is To Do.
Absolutely. But sadly, it won't happen.

giphy.gif

Yeah.. now this whole NFL lark.
I don't know the rules entirely yet, but I understand they are going to sell package tickets for a football match followed by an American football match.
That's probably dedicating a good 8 hours of your day in the stadium which I can't wait to explain to my girlfriend.
Suppose I need to pick a long term, under achieving side - that play the game the right way.

So are other Spurs fans going to be getting into this British Bulldog style playground game?

Really I just want to watch the pitch and stands change, but in for a penny...

If there's ever to be a permanent based NFL franchise then Levy has absolutely killed it with how this stadium is made for it.

It'll be a few years away but it's looking like a real possibility that this is the case and if it does happen this stadium will ruin Wembleys chance of ever having a chance to make serious money out of it.
they only have 8 home games a season right?

If there's ever to be a permanent based NFL franchise then Levy has absolutely killed it with how this stadium is made for it.

It'll be a few years away but it's looking like a real possibility that this is the case and if it does happen this stadium will ruin Wembleys chance of ever having a chance to make serious money out of it.
I am 100% convinced Levy is aiming for a permanent team since he thought about the retractable pitch.
It is the most ambitious step into making the stadium truly multi purpose.

The 10 year deal with the NFL could even be seen as just a showcase towards team owners to relocate to London if Levy can show how willing the English audience is.

Especially if you take into account that domestic interest is going down in the NFL, the organization might well be tempted to tap into the overseas potential more heavily.

However the biggest challenge would be logistics: East coast to London is doable but West coast is where the problems arise.

Time will tell

However the biggest challenge would be logistics: East coast to London is doable but West coast is where the problems arise.

Time will tell
Whenever I've read anything by people who really get how this would likely work, they suggest that it would only really be feasible if there were two teams based in Europe, with visiting teams coming over for a couple of weeks and playing both of them, then having their week off afterwards. This would lessen the impact of travelling, and make the whole thing much easier logistically.

they only have 8 home games a season right?
8 games is the regular season, yeah, and then you'll pretty much always have one home pre-season fixture as well for 9. 12 of the 32 teams will also make the playoffs which means 0-2 extra home games, so every year you'll have between 9 and 11 in total. All of this takes place between August and January - the Super Bowl is early February and then there's no NFL fixtures again until pre-season the next August.

I'd guess this has been tweeted by NFL UK as part of publicity for schoolboy NFL game in stadium tomorrow ( see previous page)

Although retractable pitch will be used by NFL worth making the comment that it's just one sport that could use the retractable pitch and indeed the artificial pitch might be used for music and other non football events as well. Having 2 possible pitches just increases the number of events that can be held at the stadium without damaging the real pitch - and better utilisation of the stadium enormously increases the potential revenues at NWHL which is the name of the financial game

. Bet Woolwich wish they had thought of it when designing emptycrates !

Last edited:
Whenever I've read anything by people who really get how this would likely work, they suggest that it would only really be feasible if there were two teams based in Europe, with visiting teams coming over for a couple of weeks and playing both of them, then having their week off afterwards. This would lessen the impact of travelling, and make the whole thing much easier logistically.
For the other teams yes, but that wouldn't solve the problem for "our" team I'm afraid (unless of course you could arrange that "we" play all east coast teams in 1 go)

Media, NFL's own website , Commentators all saying that the NFL will be using our all purpose retractable pitch ... no you dumbarses it's the football pitch that's retractable not the bloody plastic one .....

Back
Top Bottom