New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When I worked the Friday late shift in KFC in the 1970s the owner was a bit of a drinker so it was just me (16) and a Chinese illegal (who slept under the counter) running the shop. One night the owner went off without leaving us the key for the freezer with the chips in. There is nothing more scary than telling drunk people at 2am they can't have chips with their chicken. It was worse than Millwall away.

If only it were 2021 I could have offered them tofu as a substitute.
Nowadays you could offer them a bag of Columbian confetti.

Further to his comments on TS last night Andy Goldstein is spearheading a call for Spurs to put up a Jimmy Greaves statue.

Apparently he's been told the club has a "no statues" policy.

.......How long has that been in place??? Seems odd given the way Levy was behind getting all the legends back in the fold and reinstating our pictorial history around the stadium and various club buildings.

Anyway...... He's giving it socks on the radio again atm and insists he's gonna keep on chipping away at the club; urging Spurs fans to do the same.

I assume that many here would be keen.......

....Is there any current twitter noise on this matter?

.....Any noise from the THFC-ST?

Further to his comments on TS last night Andy Goldstein is spearheading a call for Spurs to put up a Jimmy Greaves statue.

Apparently he's been told the club has a "no statues" policy.

.......How long has that been in place??? Seems odd given the way Levy was behind getting all the legends back in the fold and reinstating our pictorial history around the stadium and various club buildings.

Anyway...... He's giving it socks on the radio again atm and insists he's gonna keep on chipping away at the club; urging Spurs fans to do the same.

I assume that many here would be keen.......

....Is there any current twitter noise on this matter?

.....Any noise from the THFC-ST?
I thought there was plans to do one of Bill Nick with the original gates from the west stand?

I thought there was plans to do one of Bill Nick with the original gates from the west stand?

Not sure, mate....

According to Goldstein, the club insisted "no statues".

If there was a plan for a Bill Nick, you'd think it'd be done by now.... We moved in just short of 2.5 years ago now.

Not sure, mate....

According to Goldstein, the club insisted "no statues".

If there was a plan for a Bill Nick, you'd think it'd be done by now.... We moved in just short of 2.5 years ago now.
Could of sworn I heard something about , obviously was years ago.
If there is gonna be a statue surely Bill Nick should be first up.

Could of sworn I heard something about , obviously was years ago.

Yeh, not saying you're wrong.....

Genuinely don't know.

If there is gonna be a statue surely Bill Nick should be first up.

You'd like to think so...... Greater public pressure likely comes for Greaves though as it won't just be Spurs fans on that bandwagon.

Goldstein made a stomach-turning point....... What if the Chavs mug us off by having their own Jimmy statue first. 🤮🤮🤮

Back
Top Bottom