New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've done the tour.
Still maintain that from inside the actual stadium, you could be anywhere. Watching any team. And that's by design.
Is that possibily because it's still new(in the greater scheme of things). We have no history in the new place as yet. As was already pointed out ,of all the things I dislike about our board,I think the attention to our history within the stadium is spot on,without being tacky.

Sorry, wasn't clear that you weren't referring to the stadium as a whole. I still think that on match day, there is no doubt whose stadium it is. I don't see the problem with having a multi purpose use stadium in the area, Tottenham isn't exactly a thriving place when it's not being used, the local restaurants and bars must love it when there's an event on.
The money that the coach got from all the builders when the stadium was being built paid for the refurb of the garden/bar area apparently.

I agree that all those pubs and food places around the area must find it hard when there's no football.

I still think the cockerel on the external areas of the stadium should be navy blue.

I'd like to see the hiddeous concrete visible from inside painted clean bright lilly white. I would like to see the cockrel in white on the seats on the south stand. I'd like to see the red of the AIA adverts dialed down. I find that every game, prominent flashed around far more offensive than the shirts. I'd like to see some of the plain areas at the backs of the the stands maybe showing some THFC history and players rather than neutral plain cladding.
I spend 90 minutes watching the game, I spend no more than a few minutes getting to and from my seat and having a half time pee, so the concourse doesn't matter to me.

I'd like to see the hiddeous concrete visible from inside painted clean bright lilly white. I would like to see the cockrel in white on the seats on the south stand. I'd like to see the red of the AIA adverts dialed down. I find that every game, prominent flashed around far more offensive than the shirts. I'd like to see some of the plain areas at the backs of the the stands maybe showing some THFC history and players rather than neutral plain cladding.
I spend 90 minutes watching the game, I spend no more than a few minutes getting to and from my seat and having a half time pee, so the concourse doesn't matter to me.
Couldn't the accusations you're levelling at the inside (pitchside) of the stadium also be levelled at most PL clubs?

I'd like to see the hiddeous concrete visible from inside painted clean bright lilly white.

Below you say you spend a mere few minutes to and from your seat. You're all over the place..... Especially cos you were using the look of it in NFL-mode as a jump off for this whinge.

I would like to see the cockrel in white on the seats on the south stand. I'd like to see the red of the AIA adverts dialed down. I find that every game, prominent flashed around far more offensive than the shirts. I'd like to see some of the plain areas at the backs of the the stands maybe showing some THFC history and players rather than neutral plain cladding.

So, measures that no-on will see when everybody's in attendance and in their seats then? :harrysmile:

You sound like you spend 90 minutes watching anything BUT the game.....

Last edited:
Couldn't the accusations you're levelling at the inside (pitchside) of the stadium also be levelled at most PL clubs?
Yeah I know the old WHL didn't have any of those things? I don't like the AIA but that's our shirt sponsor got to put up with it.

Yeah I know the old WHL didn't have any of those things? I don't like the AIA but that's our shirt sponsor got to put up with it.

The old stadium had a massive THFC in contrasting seats across the East stand

It had a rim of slogans such as to dare is to do, this is my club, etc around the top permanently not between relentless adverts.
It had a large dose of yellow on the stairs and perimeters etc. Yellow is controversial for some, but I always feel like we've had a bit of a thing for Yellow over the years.

The old stadium had a massive THFC in contrasting seats across the East stand

It had a rim of slogans such as to dare is to do, this is my club, etc around the top permanently not between relentless adverts.
It had a large dose of yellow on the stairs and perimeters etc. Yellow is controversial for some, but I always feel like we've had a bit of a thing for Yellow over the years.
The old WHL also had the wrong colour blue seats, yeah it had THFC spelt out in the seats but hardly any new grounds do that anymore.
Never thought of the yellow being spurs more like they used del boys yellow paint from the Indian restaurant.
Personally love the stadium just waiting for the team to catch up now.

Spend a billion pounds and build your own stadium then - you've already said the emirates is better - why not go there?

The stadium reeks of Spurs, it is plastered with references to our history and images of our past, you can't walk ten yards inside or out without coming face to face with something Spurs - you are entitled to have your own opinion of course, however on the stadium you're just plain wrong.

We could always ask AIA to change their logo to blue? Or maybe we accept lesser sponsorship dollars from one of the other sponsors who at least have a blue logo???

I suspect if we “dial down” the advertising for AIA, AIA have the right to dial down their sponsorship dollars.

Whilst I agree in a perfect world Holsten offers us top dollar sponsorship, this isn’t a perfect world. We just have to live with what we have. Maybe the boss of AIA is an Woolwich supporter and he’s trolling us?

Brain Games Marsaimartin GIF by National Geographic Channel

I'm a season ticket holder who has also bought tickets in all the other stands.
I don't watch football in the concourse.
More often than not, there's 3 tiers of red AIA ads blasting around the stadium making it look more like the Emirates than a Spurs stadium.
When empty there is zero Spurs identity on show. All absolutely deliberate to make it a neutral venue. Especially for the TV cameras.

When empty ? You aren’t in the stadium so what does it even matter. The only thing Anfield or old Trafford has in the actual bowl is branding on seats, which is covered when stadium is full. There’s a huge cockerel on the roof and 50k + Spurs fans inside and constant branding on the electronic boards. Matt you’re just a troll every post is negative rubbish just give it up boring now, everyone’s bored of your rubbish.

When empty ? You aren’t in the stadium so what does it even matter. The only thing Anfield or old Trafford has in the actual bowl is branding on seats, which is covered when stadium is full. There’s a huge cockerel on the roof and 50k + Spurs fans inside and constant branding on the electronic boards. Matt you’re just a troll every post is negative rubbish just give it up boring now, everyone’s bored of your rubbish.

exactly GIF

To add if there’s one thing to not be moaning about right now it’s the stadium. It’s fantastic the best football stadium in the world and we should be proud of it. And right now it’s pretty much our only hope of staying competitive.

When empty there is zero Spurs identity on show. All absolutely deliberate to make it a neutral venue. Especially for the TV cameras.
Giant Cock?

Dark blue everything?

It's only when we start playing that you feel this could be an away game.

Back
Top Bottom