New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I did the Skywalk again, thinking I can do the abseil down. Only problem was that only operates at weekends and school holidays! The shop was closed too, following it being handed over for NFL stock.
Anyway, still enjoyed the experience as a couple of the girls hadn't done the tour before and it was great to see their enjoyment.
Finished it off with pie 'n mash, which was delicious and then a quick VAT at the Coach & Horses.
A lovely day, all in all, and for those who haven't done the Skywalk, I thoroughly recommend it :)

Redevelopment of Tottenham (the area) could be coming to an interesting phase :

The above is a pre-application briefing paper by Lendlease for High Road West to a Strategic Planning Meeting on 25 October in which they say '

To the north of WHL the applicants are intending to, on the whole, incorporate similar physical parameters to the extant planning permissions for the THFC owned Goods Yard and The Depot sites. These include the three towers of 18, Strategic Planning Committee Report 21 (Goods Yard), and 29 storeys (Depot), although proposed building heights would be higher to help ensure minimum floor-to-ceiling heights of at least 2.5m and allow for taller lift overruns/roof access arrangements.

which translated means, Lendllease intend to redevelop the Goods Yard and The Depot etc for which THFC/ENIC have planning permission (and see below).

Whilst the agenda for the Planning meeting to be held on Monday 4 November includes :

HGY/2021/1771 - THE GOODS YARD AND THE DEPOT, 36 & 44-52 WHITE HART LANE (AND LAND TO THE REAR), AND 867-879 HIGH ROAD (AND LAND TO THE REAR) pdf icon PDF 2 MB

Proposal:Full planning application for (i) the demolition of existing buildings and structures, site clearance and the redevelopment of the site for a residential-led, mixed-use development comprising residential units (C3); flexible commercial, business, community, retail and service uses (Class E); hard and soft landscaping; associated parking; and associated works. (ii) Change of use of No. 52 White Hart Lane from residential (C3) to a flexible retail (Class E) (iii) Change of use of No. 867-869 High Road to residential (C3) use.
Recommendation:
GRANT
Additional documents:

In these documents there are plans showing side by side the Lendlease proposals (pre application) with those for which THFC/ENIC have received planning consent.

It appears the Planning Officers at Haringey Council are backing the approval of the ENIC./THFC redevelopment.

Be interesting to see how this plays out. More interesting than the football, sadly

The pre-application briefing paper by Lendlease also sets out their latest thinking on High Road West which includes a transformation of the area close to the stadium, including of course the route from WHL station to the stadium.

In general its not too far different to that first proposed about 6 years ago now.

One thing I am very surprised the TH Trust seem never to have asked is 'Given the use of Tottenham Hotspur name in most of these planning applications, what precisely is the club's role, and what financial reward will the club get from being involved in schemes apparently owned by ENIC owned companies.

Will be interesting to see if the lock the seats into the "standing" mode. I noticed at the match Saturday that it looks like there is a lock mechanism that will allow the seat to be locked upright. Hope not, as I like my half time sit down.
I doubt they will be unlocked then relocked for halftime, I guessing here.

This could catch on.......................

inflatable-bubble-chair-ocean-blue.jpg

:mourpointlaugh:

Just wanted to give a call out to Ross, who works in the Skywalk team. I botched up the order for our official photos, and only paid for the download of the three we had printed, whereas I wanted the digital download of all of them. Anyway, he tracked them down and sent me the download within 2 hours of my original email. Anyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed about having decent photos of any event in my life (I've probably got a hundred albums at home!), so I was mightily relieved that he managed to retrieve all of them. So thanks Ross, I will be writing to your boss, great service needs to be recognised.
Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by Friends

Hi folks - apols if this has been asked and answered before, but is there a bag drop outside the stadium? I've got to head in to the office today before going to the game tonight and had to bring a larger than A4 sized bag with me!

Last edited:
Hi folks - apols if this has been asked and answered before, but is there a bag drop outside the stadium? I've got to head in to the office today before going to the game tonight and had to bring a larger than A4 sized back with me!
Shit. Me too. Will have my work laptop to carry home post game…. Hadn’t thought about that

Back
Top Bottom