New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone know if the Goods yard car park opposite WHL station is still in use for stadium tours etc. on non match days? Can’t find anywhere online to book it like have done previously.

Anyone noticed that pundits etc on various channels and platforms have suddenly started praising the atmosphere?

I couldn't go yesterday because it was my daughters birthday party but managed to watch it. It sounded as loud as the Woolwich game and, at 12pm on a Sunday, that's impressive.

It's a shame we can't get in this mood all season rather than at the end of the season when something is on the line. I understand it, the importance of every point now has us all on our feet and primed for the noise.
Early season games just don't seem to have it. The best thing IMO, would be for the team to make a rapid start next season, win the first 5-6 games and be at the top. The fans would have something to cheer for every game then,

The atmosphere yesterday if we're truthful was nowhere near the NLD, quite understandably. It came in waves but as the second half wore on it did get a bit nervy.

However Conte COMMANDED us to ramp it up around the 80 minute mark (I think) and the entire stadium erupted. It was magnificent. He's got us eating out of his hands.

It is starting to show the benefits maybe.
Revenue generation is part of it, but if it is possible to get the place rocking on a regular basis that has to help things on the pitch.
This summer is so massive ... Conte, stadium, training ground, all the pieces are there if we just invest properly in some improvements in the squad then the sky is the limit.

Revenue generation is part of it, but if it is possible to get the place rocking on a regular basis that has to help things on the pitch.
This summer is so massive ... Conte, stadium, training ground, all the pieces are there if we just invest properly in some improvements in the squad then the sky is the limit.

Players want to play in that atmosphere.
They want to power slide on their knees towards the ecstatic home fans after a goal.
They want their names sung by thousands of fans - something we must work on. Harry Kane is about it at the moment.

Don't know if it was everywhere but in the shelf bar they definitely hadn't had a clear up after Thursday night as I was sticking to the floor better than Spiderman.

No comments from the flag waver Twitter group? It looked like a complete flop to me from the East Upper.

200.gif

The atmosphere goes hand in hand with the play on the pitch and the general feeling around the club. At the end of last season and the start of this season there was a lot of discontent with the manager situation, Kane situation and general direction of the club. I remember the Man City game (Liverpool too)and that was one of the occasions where I thought the atmosphere was amazing. After that it kinda dropped of a cliff a little bit and there was a lot of booing which apart from against Man Utd I didn't think we were deserving of it.

Fans also need to be encouraged to create an atmosphere and I think the club are trying to change that. I think the new song at the start of the match helps rather than that stupid techno music they used to play and I think the flags help too. It does make it feel more like a stadium rather than a bowl.

Conte has also improved the atmosphere massively, not just through the football but the positivity around the club.

I actually think we have players now that create an atmosphere, players like Romero smashing into someone, Bentancur having abit of bite to him, Hojberg getting involved, Emerson likes a scrap. It all adds to the atmosphere imo. Never used to get that from Winks etc. It seems as if we have a group of players that are really motivated to do well.

As a fan it actually makes it a better experience and a lot more fun too. I know quality of football and winning makes the atmosphere better but if everyone is singing and getting behind the team then it is just better in every way. Makes me wonder why lots of people don't bother at all.

As a fan it actually makes it a better experience and a lot more fun too. I know quality of football and winning makes the atmosphere better but if everyone is singing and getting behind the team then it is just better in every way. Makes me wonder why lots of people don't bother at all.
Absolutely. You can pay 30 quid and have an amazing time in the South Stand, or you can pay 150 quid and have far less fun in the padded seats. Funny old world.

Saw plenty where I was. Quite lightweight material though so perhaps a bit see-through.

Didn't find it offensive though. Why would it. Just some kids making an effort. No harm in that.
I thought they looked looked pretty good. Always thought it’s a shame we don’t just all hold up our scarves. Someone said it a Scouser thing but fuck that - the whole single tier with scarves and flags would look fucking great.

Saw plenty where I was. Quite lightweight material though so perhaps a bit see-through.

Didn't find it offensive though. Why would it. Just some kids making an effort. No harm in that.

Yeh, don't see what the objection/fuss is all about.....

If any of the vibes (visual or audible) rub off on the players then that's all that matters.

I thought they looked looked pretty good. Always thought it’s a shame we don’t just all hold up our scarves. Someone said it a Scouser thing but fuck that - the whole single tier with scarves and flags would look fucking great.

Fuck the dippers..... Scarves is a football thing.

Back
Top Bottom