New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No no no

There is reason why the club wants to change the name of the station. It wants the new stadium to have a clean slate so it's new name can bed in and have a chance to be accepted into general parlance a la Emirates.

Spurs fans. I assume will still use the old moniker and sing about "we are tottenham from the lane"

We need to maintain and cherish the local name of the station. Plus I have taken great moral satisfaction calling Gillespie Road by its real name. Even my children now hold their breadth at that God forsaken shit pit.

The station is older than the club. The ground name is derived from the local station. White Hart Lane has a magical lilt to it the name stays

To bin it would be an act of cultural vandalism.

Am I going a bit too nuts over this

It really isn't . The naming is mentioned in most of the "History of" type books. Latest in Julie Welch's Biography of Spurs.

It should remain White Hart Lane, obviously.

But just to entertain the idea of naming the station in a way that would make it obvious to fans who wanted to find the football club easily, surely you would just call it Tottenham station.

I know someone who ended up going to the Tottenham pub on Tottenham Court Road for a pre match beer on their first visit thinking it would be round the corner.

Yes, that too. But not why the stadium is named as such.

Also WHL (the road) splits after the roundabout just past the Railway Tavern. From there, up to the A10, it becomes Creighton Road - after the A10 it reverts back to WHL up to Wood Green.
No it doesn't Creighton road is small section that cuts across white hart lane. WHL is one continuous road from Wood Green to Tottenham

Google Maps
:llorishuh:

Last edited:
No no no

We need to maintain and cherish the local name of the station. Plus I have taken great moral satisfaction calling Gillespie Road by its real name. Even my children now hold their breadth at that God forsaken shit pit.
I remember reading you did that before. I thought that's a great idea,so much so , me thinks i'm gonna follow suit.

First time I tried it " This train is being held at a red signal for a few minutes,whilst we regulate the service".....B*st*rds

Couldn't remember, but just found a site about the change and apparently it's called The Flying Horse now, which was its original name since 1790 or something
I asked a mate about this who works in the area
The flying horse was near the sight ,but not exactly. They are rebranding the pub for when St Giles is trendy and Denmark st is a must place to go for hipsters etc.Shame

I suppose just as the our place was once called High Road ground and White Hart Grounds until about 1910 when people were referring to our home as White Hart Lane
However the White Hart pub does have a place in our history as the landlord of the pub had a nursery on the site - at the back of the pub - which was owned by Charringtons Brewery - who had let left the nursery disused. We then rented the ground from Charringtons.
I suppose if our club was formed in the last 30-40 years the ground may have been called The Ruldoph, the Valentino or even the Rudolph Valentino Stadium :)

Back
Top Bottom