New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He brought stacker systems to the masses in the early 80s, and to be fair, I for one was grateful.
Sugar is and will always be an enigma as far as THFC is concerned. Say what you like about him he steadied the ship in our darkest hours, had he not, who knows what might of happened.
Don't like his Twitter ramblings of late though, seems to be entering early stages of "Oldtimers" if you ask me.
I am with you on this one,to a point..He made us financially sound,but.....
He wasn't football minded enough though.
And because of that we lost a whole generation of fans,mainly to that lot up the road.

I read about this but didn't get one myself.
Obviously this must mean I'm in the 'safe' zone.

And you clearly aren't.

Good luck.

:dierpochhug:

Yeah the entrance on to the stand I used to use doesn't even exist any more - so I would imagine the refund is because it's going to take ages to get in and out.

Yeah the entrance on to the stand I used to use doesn't even exist any more - so I would imagine the refund is because it's going to take ages to get in and out.

We probably used the same entrance that is no longer there. I believe you're getting the danger money because you're closer to the edge. I'm a little further along so no refund.

That new staircase going to be fun.

From what I remember (can't remeber where though) that Sugar basically convinced the other chairmen of the top football league clubs to accept the Sky deal to show live football, even though they would get to less money for rights.

In a completely unrelated fact, yes his company made the receiver boxes for Sky

He also called Murdoch/Sky to tell them how much ITV had bid.

kEdxNr6.jpg

Trump Wall progressing nicely...
View of the opposite side of that new wall. Lamela still scoring rabonas.
576c7cb89afa6.image.jpg

I am with you on this one,to a point..He made us financially sound,but.....
He wasn't football minded enough though.
And because of that we lost a whole generation of fans,mainly to that lot up the road.

Not too fussed about about losing a generation of support to the goons to be honest.
Those kids are now late 20s early 30s, the type of fan you see on Arse TV. (MELTS).
The size of our fanbase didn't diminish during Sugars tenure, in fact, I would say it increased.
That tells you an awful lot about the Spurs fans of a certain age, of which I am one. We made our kids go to WHL whether they wanted to or not. It taught them not to be complacent, to appreciate the good times however rare that may have been.
Patience is a virtue, apparently, well if that is true, we have some truly fantastic times ahead.
It's all coming together finally.

Not too fussed about about losing a generation of support to the goons to be honest.
Those kids are now late 20s early 30s, the type of fan you see on Arse TV. (MELTS).
The size of our fanbase didn't diminish during Sugars tenure, in fact, I would say it increased.
That tells you an awful lot about the Spurs fans of a certain age, of which I am one. We made our kids go to WHL whether they wanted to or not. It taught them not to be complacent, to appreciate the good times however rare that may have been.
Patience is a virtue, apparently, well if that is true, we have some truly fantastic times ahead.
It's our turn to be cunts now:ossie:

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Following works to the North East corner of White Hart Lane ahead of the new season, we have undertaken a thorough assessment of the access routes and surrounding areas of the seats situated closest to the site of the demolition.

Due to the reconfigurations that have taken place in both the North and East stands affecting the environment around your seat, we have decided to re-categorise your seat and we shall be reducing the cost of your season ticket by 12.5% accordingly.

We shall reimburse you with the relevant amount on to the card used for payment when you renewed your season ticket prior to our first home game of the season against Crystal Palace on Saturday, August 20. If you renewed your season ticket by Cash, Cheque or via V12 we will contact you separately early next week (week commencing 15th August) with further details on your refund.

Should you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]

As always, we thank you for your continued support and your patience during the construction process. It is greatly appreciated by everyone at the Club.

Yours sincerely,

Ticket Office

What is this of which you speak?
I'm 2 seats off the drop and have not received this.
I call Shennaningans!

I first went with my old man in the mid 90's, these last or 3 years have been great in comparison! Especially as I go regularly now.

Back
Top Bottom