New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why not £300 season tickets and £15 tickets? The amount of new money coming in would easily allow us to to do this. Make the new WHL the Dortmund of England. Fill the new stadium up with Spurs rockers. A place to be feared, and an opportunity to become world famous again.

aparently one can buy a bayern munich season ticket for less than 150 quid!!

Why not £300 season tickets and £15 tickets? The amount of new money coming in would easily allow us to to do this. Make the new WHL the Dortmund of England. Fill the new stadium up with Spurs rockers. A place to be feared, and an opportunity to become world famous again.

I'd be hugely surprised if they reduced tickets prices.

They know people are willing to
pay it so why change it? Look at them lot down the road, most expensive tickets in the UK and same size ground

A great thought, can't see ENIC agreeing though. But for sure we can go some way towards this, which is a key reason why the new stadium is so vital. The old Lane is tired, the atmosphere is tired as well. Though maybe this season it will improve, hope so.

Then it's fantastic, superb news, and you've topped any Tottenham ITK I've ever read on any forum by breaking this one.

A piece of corroborating evidence I picked up from SC yesterday was from a poster who lives locally and said he hadn't seen any sign of work going on at Archway this past week or so.

Blimey it won't be just be a small Bells and toast I'll be celebrating this one with when officially confirmed, this calls for a full scale bottle of Southern Comfort!

They probably close for 2 weeks Summer holiday, can't see why they would stop work already before they are set up in their new premises

Good question. At present they have the potential to increase the capacity to 45,000. The upper tier isn't used at the moment, as it has no seats, but from what I've heard, if we pay for the seating to be developed in the upper tier, then yes.
Capacity with second tier now in is 30k, there's a gap between this and the roof which enables capacity to be increased to 45k which a third tier. Decent enough ground, there's a few of us on here who live within walking distance.
More info for those interested ... http://www.footballgroundguide.com/milton_keynes_dons/

Great news and all but I hate the fact we would be legitimising that franchise club by playing games in their stadium.

Lesser of two evils I suppose.

I would hope that spurs somehow subsidise the extra cost of train travel to get up there from London too - at least for ST holders but I won't hold my breath.

This would either be through making the tickets way cheaper that season or knocking a load off for the first season in the new ground.

Very exciting times though. A lot can happen in these 4 seasons before the scheduled move date

Not like we have a lot of options. I'd rather not give those fuckers any money either but it is what it is. If we want the stadium done it's a bugbear we'll have to deal with, knowing there'll be a nice big shiny new stadium at the end of it

61,000 from the stadium manager's mouth. 2017/18 we'll be in. 2016/17 season at Milton Keynes. Archway steel was settled 8-10 days ago. Everyone working there knows this. At last.
Is all his information like absolutely 100% nailed on geniune stuff or is it speculative bollocks. Its just that I`m a szcizophrenic psycopath and this news , if true has lifted my spirits to their highest point in years. If its bullshit I may do something really stupid to let off steam. Please confirm Joe, one way or the other.

joe you fucking beaut....

would of been better if we made the capacity just 1 more than the fucking gooners..suarez anyone?

It wouldn't because they'd just squeeze a few more in at their place. Think Portsmouth did that years ago didn't they? . Easy enough to do. Several hundred more and that's a different matter. I'd be well happy with 61,000. No one builds 61,000 rather than 60,000 unless to make a point!

Back
Top Bottom