New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From SSC...

Originally Posted by THFC_Dan
I don’t have all that many wants for the new stadium, but without any question I want to see THFC replicated on the East Stand. For me, it’s massively important as The Shelf is where it all began for me and I spent 33 years looking at those letters. It would be a massive nod to the past, and would be very comforting for many fans as it’d feel like home again.

"I don’t mind if Levy puts sponsor stickers on the roof, just don’t f*ck the seats
smile.gif

I agree with the THFC and that is why when I did the stadium tour back in January I asked this question. I was standing roughly in the area where Daniel Levy's seating position would be and I commented that the height and distance almost feels exactly like where he sat in the old West upper, then I was told 'We want to make the stadium feel as much like WHL as possible' so I mentioned the THFC in the east. I was told something along the lines of 'Unfortunately due to it being the NFL side this won't happen but there will be some white seats in the stadium, there's always the possibility that for photos or live TV etc that it could be superimposed'."

:levywtf:

From SSC...

"I don’t mind if Levy puts sponsor stickers on the roof, just don’t f*ck the seats
smile.gif

I agree with the THFC and that is why when I did the stadium tour back in January I asked this question. I was standing roughly in the area where Daniel Levy's seating position would be and I commented that the height and distance almost feels exactly like where he sat in the old West upper, then I was told 'We want to make the stadium feel as much like WHL as possible' so I mentioned the THFC in the east. I was told something along the lines of 'Unfortunately due to it being the NFL side this won't happen but there will be some white seats in the stadium, there's always the possibility that for photos or live TV etc that it could be superimposed'."

:levywtf:
If they ever get a permanent NFL team just name them the Tottenham Hairy Fighting Cocks. Problem solved.

Just a matter of inches to go...a few guys are up getting everything lined up.
image.php
I was there today. ( Workers on site at 2:15 pm) and them roof beams have got about 15 yards to go
before they reach the compression ring. That surprised me as I thought they were a lot closer than that.
So, a further week of tightening sounds about right.

I was there today. ( Workers on site at 2:15 pm) and them roof beams have got about 15 yards to go
before they reach the compression ring. That surprised me as I thought they were a lot closer than that.

dhHHJ4G.jpg

I'm not sure there's that much scope for tightening because these cable joints have been joined and pinned so that's as far as they can go.

dhHHJ4G.jpg

I'm not sure there's that much scope for tightening because these cable joints have been joined and pinned so that's as far as they can go.
So, the roof beams of which I mentioned earlier are correctly called flying columns. For a reason I suppose.
I did assume that these columns would be physically attached to the compressionn ring.

Last edited:
So, the roof beams of which I mentioned earlier are correctly called flying columns. For a reason I suppose.
I did assume that these columns would be physically attached to the compressionn ring.
Here's a photo from last October where you can see the flying columns in their raw state, you can see how the cable joints are integrated with them.
image.php

At the most basic principle columns = vertical load transfer, beams = horizontal load transfer.

Typically, beams gather load from a diaphragm and transmit it to girders (beams span girder to girder), girders gather load from beams and transmit it to columns (girders span column to column), columns gather load from girders and transmit the forces vertically to the foundation.

A so called “flying column” doesn’t transmit its force directly to a support below it, but rather redistributes the force horizontally through a transfer beam/system to an offset column which then transmits the force to the foundation.

It’s all about the load path.

At the most basic principle columns = vertical load transfer, beams = horizontal load transfer.

Typically, beams gather load from a diaphragm and transmit it to girders (beams span girder to girder), girders gather load from beams and transmit it to columns (girders span column to column), columns gather load from girders and transmit the forces vertically to the foundation.

A so called “flying column” doesn’t transmit its force directly to a support below it, but rather redistributes the force horizontally through a transfer beam/system to an offset column which then transmits the force to the foundation.

I was just about to say that.
:pochwtf:

North middle tier is as close to the view I had before in the South Upper. I’m tempted.
Make sure you check the away fan allocation and the family blocks. There don't appear to be that many blocks available, a total of 6 blocks over the 2 tiers, two in each tier. Also, complete and utter guess work on my part but I bet the middle tier will end up being poshed up with lounges. In the plans there is a "Future VIP entrance" (not to be used when opening) and there are loads of concourses that will not be available next year, on the plans it states "for future fit out". They'll double your ST overnight, president already been set.

Last edited:
thats good, I can sleep well tonight.

Fook me, now Im wanting sex off the Mrs?

Anyone else in phase 3 today? Assume we are just waiting for an email from the club?

Also have picked the seats i want, and on the interactive map they are still free however on the event information screen they have gone.

Anyone know which is right?

Anyone else in phase 3 today? Assume we are just waiting for an email from the club?

Also have picked the seats i want, and on the interactive map they are still free however on the event information screen they have gone.

Anyone know which is right?
Login to the site as normal instead of waiting for the email, will need to go to season ticket details.

Back
Top Bottom