New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spent some time tapping up a friend last night on the pitch side of things and he said:

- NFL pushed their preferred pitch supplier on thfc. The ones used aren’t so great... questions raised over it

- main pitch supplier a cheaper solution than others out there. Quite a lot of teething problems at the moment

Apparently there are really good people involved so things will get resolved but multiple things are causing issues, espically as it’s uncharted territory.

Multiple sports have a vested interest in this being a success as it could allow different sports to share facilities which has tons of benefits.

spent some time tapping up a friend last night on the pitch side of things and he said:

- NFL pushed their preferred pitch supplier on thfc. The ones used aren’t so great... questions raised over it

- main pitch supplier a cheaper solution than others out there. Quite a lot of teething problems at the moment

Apparently there are really good people involved so things will get resolved but multiple things are causing issues, espically as it’s uncharted territory.

Multiple sports have a vested interest in this being a success as it could allow different sports to share facilities which has tons of benefits.
Yeah, but I would imagine that artificial turf pitches are all a bit samey, I can't see how one could cope with having to cover six trenches the length of it any better than any other ones.

Yeah, but I would imagine that artificial turf pitches are all a bit samey, I can't see how one could cope with having to cover six trenches the length of it any better than any other ones.

I can see why you might think that but that is exactly the reason for global standards for synthetic pitches. FIFA wont allow any games on an uncertified pitch, it's the same with many other sports who play on this surface.

Synthetic pitches are a feat of modern engineering... it's not just a bit of carpet rolled out!

Wait, is this referring to the artificial pitch or the real turf?

Would be staggered if it was the latter considering it should have nothing to do with the NFL...

My maths was never a strong point, but NFL contributes £10 million towards the stadium build. Which is about the price of 1 x George Kevin No Cluedo or in another sense about 1.3% of the project build.

Now call me fickle, but why is our blessed turf to be shared (however limited) for such a small amount of money ? Does that seem odd ??

Am I missing something - do the club get all the gate receipts + a fee to host per game ? If not then the NFL have got a London Stadium type deal surely ? And levy has whored us to the yanks for basically a pittance.

My maths was never a strong point, but NFL contributes £10 million towards the stadium build. Which is about the price of 1 x George Kevin No Cluedo or in another sense about 1.3% of the project build.

Now call me fickle, but why is our blessed turf to be shared (however limited) for such a small amount of money ? Does that seem odd ??

Am I missing something - do the club get all the gate receipts + a fee to host per game ? If not then the NFL have got a London Stadium type deal surely ? And levy has whored us to the yanks for basically a pittance.

Levy give something away cheap? how much have you had? .... they are contributing a 'nominal' amount to the build costs, basically the changes to the East stand for larger changing rooms, very much doubt that cost 10m ... the second pitch is multi-use not just NFL .... the 'value' for Spurs is in the additional naming rights, media, PR exposure the NFL will bring ... that's already been significant before a 'ball's' been thrown in anger .....

Levy give something away cheap? how much have you had? .... they are contributing a 'nominal' amount to the build costs, basically the changes to the East stand for larger changing rooms, very much doubt that cost 10m ... the second pitch is multi-use not just NFL .... the 'value' for Spurs is in the additional naming rights, media, PR exposure the NFL will bring ... that's already been significant before a 'ball's' been thrown in anger .....

And for the future. The Possibility of bringing a franchise to London and all the riches with it. £10m puts money where with mouth is and shows willing...

Wait, is this referring to the artificial pitch or the real turf?

Would be staggered if it was the latter considering it should have nothing to do with the NFL...

The NLF will have global pitch standards for synthetic turf as it ensures players don't get injured – they have a duty of care and don't want to get sued. In the contract a small point would have covered the synthetic turf supplier being of the NLF choice. In the scheme of things a relatively small point and not worth discussions in a boardroom (been there with sports and it's rarely a contentious point). So the NFL picked a supplier they were happy with which we're perhaps, not the best out there - that's all i'm saying

The real turf and trays are apparently several suppliers coming together to deliver one solution but there are issues unfortunately. I'm hearing the guys involved are decent and they will resolve things but as you can imagine with things of this scale and such new technology there are a few issues.

It's £10m per year for 10 years - do you need me to do that maths for you?

So 8 million right? :kanehand:

T10007LRG_1.jpg

It's £10m per year for 10 years - do you need me to do that maths for you?
Thanks for clearing that up. Like Bogart in Casablanca i’d been miss informed. £100m for ten years :dude: or just over 12 million every 18 months + VAT.

However, to be serious.... The set of financial results for the year ended 30 June 2016 read;

"During the year, an amount of £10m was received from a company, which is not a related party, as a contribution towards future construction expenses related to the Northumberland Development Project."

That is reported to be the NFL contribution.

Other than that - where is the £10 m a year figure coming from ? is that the set fee for the use of the venue - for example £5 million every time they rent the place ? ( or to use earlier established financial prudence 6.75 million every third calendar year, less operating loss )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom