Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

*Cough*

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war (Julius Caesar, Act 3, Scene 1)

Stop getting Shakespeare wrong.

giphy.gif

I like to improve on Shakespeare where I deem it necessary.

MUST WIN..

I think? But then again? what is the actual point. These lot will be the next Citeh if they get bought. The game has well and truly gone.

Another weekday, another game.

If we’re serious about Europa we need to win this. Newcastle are very hit and miss, you never know what performance they’ll put in. They’re not playing for anything this season, and they don’t know who’ll be in charge next season or who’ll own the club.

We owe them after the jammy defeat back in August.

5f0b58ad0b0ae.jpg

As much as I want to see Ndombele, I’m not sure he fits the system at the moment.

I just want Ndombele to find somewhere he does fit in !

With Aurier now likely our for the the time being might be Tanganga or Cirkin at fullback?

Would stick to the 4-4-2 we had more shots on target in 1 game then we did in the previous 3 the 4-2-3-1 obviously doesn't work with the current players.

Lloris
Tanganga - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Winks - Lucas
Kane - Son
Fuck it.

Lloris
Sissoko Alde Jan Davies
Winks Skipp
Bergwijn GLC
Son Kane

Bergwijn and GLC slightly wider. Thought Lucas ran himself into the ground the other day. Would be more effective coming on.

I like it but there's virtually no chance Sissoko doesn't start where you have Bergjwin listed with Aurier out.

Why?

I mean, it's obvious Sissoko will start, Mourinho loves him - but I don't see why it'd be an issue now Aurier is out? I thought the general consensus was that Sissoko is used to cover Aurier when he gets forward?

Bergwijns work rate up and down the wing is pretty well known and some would argue Tanganga is better defensively than Aurier.

Why?

I mean, it's obvious Sissoko will start, Mourinho loves him - but I don't see why it'd be an issue now Aurier is out? I thought the general consensus was that Sissoko is used to cover Aurier when he gets forward?

Bergwijns work rate up and down the wing is pretty well known and some would argue Tanganga is better defensively than Aurier.
I completely agree with you. I just don't think Jose will see it that way.

Back
Top Bottom