Newcastle (A) 15Jul - 6pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Vertonghen, Skipp, Lamela and Bergwijn will be starting the game. Then we have Ndombele and possibly Dele Alli. I´d say one of them is also going to play.

Not what I would choose, but considering fatigue from Sunday and the likely absence from Aurier, I think the team could be something like this:

Lloris;
Substitute RB (Gedson? Toby?);
Toby/Sanchez;
Vertonghen;
Davies;
Winks/Sissoko (one of them to sit next to Skipp);
Skipp;
Ndombele/Dele Alli;
Lamela;
Bergwijn;
Kane.

(Leicester coming up on sunday. We really need to give Lo Celso some rest)

Last edited:
I'm feeling saucy after that result against Woolwich. I think we'll go out and do it again. Dare I say we'll keep a clean sheet too?

3-0 spurs, one for Son and Kane with a brace. The man will be fuming after not getting on the scoresheet on Sunday. He'll be taking shots from all over the park :kanegoal:

Our away record is poor as is our recent record V Newcastle. All looks like a poor result. I do not think we have the consistency to win our last 3 matches and as away this is the hardest.
Need a bit of fresh legs and Aurier enforced absence
Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies
Winks, Skipp/Ndombele, Lo Celso
Bergwijn, Kane, Son
Really cannot see what Sissoko brings to the team other than strength and we need more creativity in there.
If Dele is fit bring him on in 2nd half but not start him.

Get ahead of the game with Charlie Nicholas. He’ll predict us to drop points, moan we shouldn’t have beat Woolwich and he’ll predict Woolwich to beat Liverpool.

Don’t see the need to keep testing players if they have had a good performance previous game. Need to keep the momentum going. Mane and salah play virtually all the time. If Lucas played well start him again he was rested for Bournemouth game anyway. Minimal changes of serge is one but really if we play 442 then Lamela on the right cutting in with his left and Lucas doing the same on left. Plus Lamela prbly wins the ball back more than sissoko and at least the ball sticks to him albeit sometimes too long. But at least he doesn’t treat it like a hot potato and is always looking for the ball unlike sissoko who hides and often players don’t bother passing to him as they know it will come straight back prbly misplaced😀

*Cough*

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war (Julius Caesar, Act 3, Scene 1)

Stop getting Shakespeare wrong.

giphy.gif

You're Bard. :mourpoint:

Back
Top Bottom