Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apart from putting 5 past Burnley it was scraping results through luck in the first 10 games that apparently counts as a honeymoon. People going crazy for a last minute winner against Sheff U AT HOME who then proceeded to get spanked 8 the next game at theirs, what a honeymoon. The chelsea game has been a blessing for this fraud

We lost by 8 at Sheffield UTD?

Next goal and we can still come away with something, as bad as we were in that first half. With the crowd behind them and the likes of Gordon and Isak in top form, it was never going to be a stroll in the park.
Crowd behind them and 2 players? They're missing half their starters ffs!

Never understand the hate PEH gets. Hes a work horse and a safe pair of hands. He isnt meant to be flashy. Its not his job. Why he was demoted to the bench I will never understand

Me on Monday.

IMG-3146.jpg
You don't dress that well for work... come on!

This is a fucking clown show.

When we attack we have 1 v3. When they attack it’s 1 v 1.

Absolutely no control on midfield.

Attackers keep receiving the ball with their backs to the goal, rather than half turn forward.

Zero power up front.

while no one should expect us to win. We should all expect a committed performance. This is not that.

It’s weak.

This was always going to be a really precarious game with their ability on the counter. Game started well enough for us, with Newcastle pushing up initially, pressing high in a 424, putting men on our build out players. But us managing to play out and push them back.

But once again, our forwards are killing us. After various good situations bumbled away, and us having good control of the game, Son pisses another one away cheaply and they are off. Udogie (maybe fouled), VDV and Porro then combine to clown away two quick goals.

I’d swap all their front three for ours, and I don’t even like Barnes.

Not worth making subs because there’s no one on our bench who can improve much.
Isak is who we should have spent the Richarlison money on. He looked nailed on to be a Kane replacement when his transfer was mooted.

Biss, werner and bentancur off for hojbjerg, lo celso and sarr please.
I think we've been desensitised to Ange's insistence on the half-time bollocking and personnel change. This concept of if plan A fails, do plan A with a few subs is really grating on me.

We've started shit in the first half for a million games in a row not because of personnel but because we've been tactically found out with low block/counter attack. Ange then gets half time to motivate/make changes and when it IF it pays off everyone forgets how crap we are at starting games.

So long as we don't have killers up front we will rue the inevitable missed 1 or 2 chances we always get in the first half of games, but most importantly our tactical inflexibility is shocking, especially with how high risk it is.

That makes me feel a little better ......

But not much

This was a chance to really consolidate top four.
Not gonna happen.

If we make it, we'll scrape it and villa would have handed it to us, to a a large extent, imo.

We're just too easy to counter against.

Ange has no choice but to tweak his system a little, in this league.

You can get away with it in scotland, with just good players, but not here.

You need high-level technicians to play this style of footy and thrive in this league.

And some of the names reported in the transfer thread doesn't convince me that he'll ever be handed what's required.

Anyway, think EL is our level right now and might suit us better.

Don't fancy getting embarrassed in CL tbh.

Bissouma is offering nothing now. We know he cant pass but when was the last time he spun, beat the press and got us up the pitch? That was basically his only attribute.

He's not switched on defensively so doesn't offer much there either. Surprised to see myself say it but PEH looks the better option at the moment.

With all of the ball control of a wet dream

Not a good feeling that when we go forward, I’m convinced we won’t score. Yet when they do, I’m convinced they will.

Going to be more discomfort for us second half.

Fancy nicking 4th and meeting Carlo's Real Madrid, pragmatically fucking us on the counter attack with Mbappe, Vinicius, Bellingham etc.

Give me a Europa league game against FC Allesklarr, we might have half a chance.
I mean we are the richest club in London in terms of revenue. There is no reason we shouldn't be competing. It all goes back to the top.

Back
Top Bottom