Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moving on from Kane wasn't about being 'better' THIS year...that's a disingenuous take by folks with clear agenda. We should have moved on from him 4-5 years ago and then THAT would be a far comparison...not like we did anything positive WITH him in that time...right?

Well yeah, but it was still funny earlier on in the season when some were saying how much better we were without him, It was never going to last, and he walks into our team still. We're seeing yet again today how much we're lacking a top class striker and it needs to be addresses finally in the summer.

Never understand the hate PEH gets. Hes a work horse and a safe pair of hands. He isnt meant to be flashy. Its not his job. Why he was demoted to the bench I will never understand
Because Biss was miles better and understand the system earlier the season than Hojbjerg. But it should be obvious Biss is totally shit now, he shouldn't be starting games anymore.

And big Ange, sort the fucking corner routines out whilst defending . I hate zonal marking but to leave Vicario so exposed time and time again is criminal. Give him some fucking help man.

The definition of stupidity is doing the same things and expecting something to change.
Ive been saying it for months. Our coaches are dreadful

I think we've been desensitised to Ange's insistence on the half-time bollocking and personnel change. This concept of if plan A fails, do plan A with a few subs is really grating on me.

We've started shit in the first half for a million games in a row not because of personnel but because we've been tactically found out with low block/counter attack. Ange then gets half time to motivate/make changes and when it IF it pays off everyone forgets how crap we are at starting games.

So long as we don't have killers up front we will rue the inevitable missed 1 or 2 chances we always get in the first half of games, but most importantly our tactical inflexibility is shocking, especially with how high risk it is.
Ange won't change HIS Philosophy..
risk versus reward. always risk if you dpn't score (more)

Not gonna happen.

If we make it, we'll scrape it and villa would have handed it to us, to a a large extent, imo.

We're just too easy to counter against.

Ange has no choice but to tweak his system a little, in this league.

You can get away with it in scotland, with just good players, but not here.

You need high-level technicians to play this style of footy and thrive in this league.

And some of the names reported in the transfer thread doesn't convince me that he'll ever be handed what's required.

Anyway, think EL is our level right now and might suit us better.

Don't fancy getting embarrassed in CL tbh.
Can’t really disagree with this. It’s just tiring to have to settle for less.

But maybe that’s how we stop getting disappointed?

Odds on a Timo Werner hat-trick in the second half?
200.gif

I've just had the weirdest feeling we're gonna do a Man Utd at Cheslea and make like we're coming back into this...

but I also think Newcastle might do a Chelsea,and snatch it at the end anyway!

...unless they're 7-0 up by the hour mark!

Back
Top Bottom