Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Foyth looks mustard great prospect with him and Sanchez we have the CB position tied up.
Good physical game for Wanyama to have his first 90mins no casual easing in, that sharp shock is good for the senses.
Vorm is good on the ball didn’t give us a Hugo heart in mouth situation.
Sissoko tried and didn’t have too bad a game but he’s a good level below what’s expected.
Tripps really struggled today not sure why especially in the 2nd half where he was afforded a little more time and space.
Kane is our hero too bad we had no creativity so he had to drop deep for so much of the game.
Llorente was painful to watch, couldn’t control the ball, looks as if he’s running with the handbrakes on and doesn’t appear to be able to even jump far less win a header.
KWP is evidence of a player suffering from lack of opportunity no match sharpness no rhythm
Jan is steady eddie our player of the season imo
The ref let too many things go high boots, unpunished tackles and their skipper should have had an early bath.
The wind - made life hard for us
The pitch - hopefully the rest of our matches are on grass
Well done Newport players, coach and fans they gave it right go and deserve something though they’re nothing above functional.

Hopefully we embarrass these fuckers in the replay don’t want them to bask in this anomaly of a match.
We’re still up for the cup COYS!!

Replay is horrendous for us with the run in we have.

Lots of people strongly disagreed that we should have a played a load of kids and fringe today regarding our upcoming fixtures. Disagreed that as many first 11 as possible should be rested.

Will be interesting to see who they want to play in the replay.....because the reasons are the exact same ones

Foyth looks mustard great prospect with him and Sanchez we have the CB position tied up.
Good physical game for Wanyama to have his first 90mins no casual easing in, that sharp shock is good for the senses.
Vorm is good on the ball didn’t give us a Hugo heart in mouth situation.
Sissoko tried and didn’t have too bad a game but he’s a good level below what’s expected.
Tripps really struggled today not sure why especially in the 2nd half where he was afforded a little more time and space.
Kane is our hero too bad we had no creativity so he had to drop deep for so much of the game.
Llorente was painful to watch, couldn’t control the ball, looks as if he’s running with the handbrakes on and doesn’t appear to be able to even jump far less win a header.
KWP is evidence of a player suffering from lack of opportunity no match sharpness no rhythm
Jan is steady eddie our player of the season imo
The ref let too many things go high boots, unpunished tackles and their skipper should have had an early bath.
The wind - made life hard for us
The pitch - hopefully the rest of our matches are on grass
Well done Newport players, coach and fans they gave it right go and deserve something though they’re nothing above functional.

Hopefully we embarrass these fuckers in the replay don’t want them to bask in this anomaly of a match.
We’re still up for the cup COYS!!

Some really good points there. I thought Jan had a difficult first half, but much better in the second.

Fair play to Newport, they fully deserve the replay.

As for us, what an embarrassment that first half was. Only when Son and then Delle came on did we have any spark of creativity. What's more worrying is our mentality, no one in the team looked like they could drag us back into itonce we went a goal down.

I never want to see Sisokko in a spurs shirt again and have felt this way for the last couple of months but he was not our worst player tonight, not that he did anything against league fucking 2 opposition...but Dier, Wanyama, Dembele were useless. But nowhere near as useless as llorente, if anyone can explain what he is doing in the squad I would welcome it.........

RealCoolYid RealCoolYid
You realise we might have a new stadium next year, yes?:deledoubt:

Couldn't disagree with this more

Wow.

Calm down lads. It was said in jest as a sample of the type of kneejerk bollocks that is written on lots of forums of all clubs after such a result.

I have a feeling a couple of you might have known that, if you didn't then I suggest you wake up a little.

Wanyama was way off the pace today. Can we still put it down to “returning from injury”? Hope he finds his form again soon, he was so damn good last year.

Llorente bitterly disappointing again. I genuinely think we were better off with Janssen, at least he worked hard. I’m starting to think that Llorente has just come to Spurs for a paid holiday.
I’m becoming convinced that the reason every backup striker we bring in loses his form from the previous season is because Kane absorbs all of their footballing skill like a vampire. That’s why we need a new one every year - Harry is ever so hungry...

Llorente or sissoko? Yes the money spent on each player determines 15million,30million but who's the biggest plank?
As much as I rant on here about how poor I think Sissoko has performed in our shirt effort alone puts him above Llorente who to me doesn't ever put a shift in. I guess I pick on S more coz he plays more. Will never ever forget L reaction to scum defeat . Notfittoweartheshirt.

You've been saying for 6 months "WE ARE THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM" with regards to attracting players, then a game like that fills you with pride
Im proud that the team hung in there, kept battling and didn't panic in a really difficult situation.A less MIGHTY TOTTENHAM could have suffered the same fate as Woolwich and West Ham.

I’m becoming convinced that the reason every backup striker we bring in loses his form from the previous season is because Kane absorbs all of their footballing skill like a vampire. That’s why we need a new one every year - Harry is ever so hungry...
You might be on to something there explains how he went from potential clogger to superstar in such a short timeframe. And finally puts to bed where Soldado’s goal scoring touch went

Back
Top Bottom