Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
I understand why the conte talks take time. If we finish 4th option to extend conte will say well we’re 4th now and that’s 15M in wages so….

Once we’re engaging with JN already I’m fine with mason taking 2/3 games If we’re working on a deal for JN

How much are they looking for? Asking for a mate :levyeyes:

How does that even make sense if he's been sacked?

I was under the impression that when sacking a manager, they either give them a one time compensation payment which is usually the length of time on the contract or that they continue to pay him his salary until he finds a new job.

I was under the impression that when sacking a manager, they either give them a one time compensation payment which is usually the length of time on the contract or that they continue to pay him his salary until he finds a new job.
He's not been sacked (they can't afford to pay him all at once). He's been released of his duties but still under contract. Basically a version of gardening leave.

Looks like Bayern have chosen the later.
They are betting another club will want him before his contract expires and then have to pay them. They will probably be right.

Maybe the hold up with Conte. If we do the same deal with him, he has the option of a 1 year extension if we get top 4.

A fucking monkey could win the league with either of the old firm. To say managing Celtic is harder than managing Southampton is delusional and lacks any understanding of Scottish football or Southampton. I will say this again and hope you understand. There are players in the Celtic squad who have a higher weekly wage than the entirity of most of the teams they play against on any given Saturday. The difference in resource is phenomenal, and the advantage you have 34 games a season is simply mind-blowing. .... Amusingly you felt he is better than Gerrard, well Gerrard won the league and got to a European final. Villa took a punt and boom he showed at this stage he was simply not up to the premier league - but he won the spl with rangers......

seriously winning Aussie league is good for Aussies, but this is the big boys arena, here be managerial monsters.

Ps you know Arteta had been working with Gurdiola .... You know that bloke with German and Spanish and English and European titles....

Should we pick up some rugby union manager who has had success in the league in America and Canada? Because frankly that's size of the gulf here.

To think someone is good because the achieve success in the midst of mediocrity is just not right.....
I think van brockhorst got New Co. to the Europa final not slippy G.

Need rid of this guy asap. There is no long term vision for the club under him, no defined, attacking playing style that we’re building towards. That list of managers says all you need to know about his scattergun approach to signing players and managers, just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it will stick.

Looks like Bayern have chosen the later.
They are betting another club will want him before his contract expires and then have to pay them. They will probably be right.

Maybe the hold up with Conte. If we do the same deal with him, he has the option of a 1 year extension if we get top 4.
Nobody will pay Bayern. It's just so Bayern will stop paying Nagelsmann after he finds a new job. And logically, his new contract will be worth more than what he is getting at Bayern.

Nobody will pay Bayern. It's just so Bayern will stop paying Nagelsmann after he finds a new job. And logically, his new contract will be worth more than what he is getting at Bayern.
Don't know why we don't do the same to Conte.

He will want a gig in Italy next season anyway so not like he will be taking up that 15m option and then expecting a broke Italian club to buy him out.

Back
Top Bottom