Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Don't know why we don't do the same to Conte.

He will want a gig in Italy next season anyway so not like he will be taking up that 15m option and then expecting a broke Italian club to buy him out.
Italian clubs won't pay Conte 15M though, so there's no reason for Conte, at least financially to accept. Although the option can be triggered if both him and the club agree, and obviously none of the parties agree to that.

He's not been sacked (they can't afford to pay him all at once). He's been released of his duties but still under contract. Basically a version of gardening leave.

Still sounds dodgy..... A decent lawyer would rip that apart.

They'd be profiting from their being skint and restricting his employment prospects in the process.

Last edited:
Italian clubs won't pay Conte 15M though, so there's no reason for Conte, at least financially to accept. Although the option can be triggered if both him and the club agree, and obviously none of the parties agree to that.
That's my point. Conte will want to work. sitting out a year for an easy 15m sounds good to us but he will want to go and win things.

No way he takes up that 15m option next season knowing that Italian clubs won't pay to get him out of it

Call his bluff..

The more I read up on Nagelsmann and his tactics and the way he likes to operate makes me believe he's near on the best fit for the personnel we currently have.

Porro, Udogie, Bissouma, Romero and Bentancur would all benefit from his 3142 formation. We'd need a new goalkeeper, two new centre backs and a central midfielder but we knew we were needing those things regardless of who takes over foe next season.

Even then, I think the likes of Emerson have a part to play in his 4231 when he decides that's needed.
3-1-6 me like

"In the 2021/2022 season, Bayern usually played in Nagelsmann’s 3–1–6. Regardless of the players, the coach organized them in a way that they occupied predetermined spaces."

It's not. It's basically saying "you won't be required at work anymore, but you'll continue to be employed and paid by us as long as you get another job".

You mean "until" surely.....

Either way it doesn't address the OG suggestion that BM would want payment from Spurs.

It's that aspect of this which says "cake and eat it".

Obviously Naglesmann being a Bayern fan has eased the negotiations for Bayern as well.

I doubt that matters in the slightest.

That's my point. Conte will want to work. sitting out a year for an easy 15m sounds good to us but he will want to go and win things.

No way he takes up that 15m option next season knowing that Italian clubs won't pay to get him out of it

Call his bluff..
Even if he does take that (which is mental to say since he wouldn't agree to that even when we were desperate to keep him), now it's the club that don't want to extend the contract.

Call his bluff..

I'm not entirely convinced how accurate that rumoured clause is....... Sounds absurd to me.

The bloke just doesnt get us at all. We're not Juventus. Done ok ish i suppose on transfers but its that Serie A mentality in regards to managers, short term. He's hopeless at appointing them as well, 2 at Juve, 2 here and a failed attempt at Gauttuso. If its Naglesmann or Poch we need a DoF more in keeping with them.

Yeh something is clearly off with him. How can you be a Sporting director and have no defined play style/vision. It’s really weird he is like a Levy that is god at spotting players.

In fact I trust Levy more getting our manager than Paratici which is nuts.

You mean "until" surely.....

Either way it doesn't address the OG suggestion that BM would want payment from Spurs.

It's that aspect of this which says "cake and eat it".

I doubt that matters in the slightest.
Yes I did mean "until", my bad.

BM would want a payment (allegedly) if we sign him for this season, although I don't even believe that.

There might've not been any negotiations at all. As I said, Kahn might've just gone "you're still at the club and you'll get paid, but your services are no longer required". I don't know the ins and outs, however I don't see how that would be a problem for anybody.

Yes I did mean "until", my bad.

BM would want a payment (allegedly) if we sign him for this season, although I don't even believe that.

Yeh... That's the part I questioned to begin with.

There might've not been any negotiations at all. As I said, Kahn might've just gone "you're still at the club and you'll get paid, but your services are no longer required". I don't know the ins and outs, however I don't see how that would be a problem for anybody.

Yeh.... I don't see why it should either.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

How can Bayern demand a fee for him if he’s sacked, already replaced, and other clubs know he is basically getting paid to do nothing? Anyone that wants Nagelsmann will have leverage in this situation. He’s now a liability to Bayern

Bayern have not much incentive to keep paying him and will want him off their books ASAP, they’re in a poor position to demand a large fee from clubs. I think there will be a lot of room to negotiate a cheaper fee for Nagelsmann, if any fee at all. It just doesn’t make a lot sense

Back
Top Bottom