Next season (2024/2025) expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are your expectations for the next season?

• Title challenge

• Top 4

• Europa League winners

• League Cup winners

• FA Cup winners

• Top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where?

You can vote up to 2 options in the poll.
Ummm...so I may have had a few beers...and I...ummm...

Was the thread for this season.

Apologies!

White Teeth Smile GIF by Beano Studios

The biggest thing for me is to aim for consistency and no 3 game stretches without a win. I would not be happy with a repeat of this season (or the other way around - something like what Chelsea did) even if we ended up 4th because we had an extra win somewhere.

Would also like to at least meet expectations in the cup which to me is not going out against a weaker team (i.e., let's not lose to Mura or Fulham), and put up a good fight against Top 6 type sides.

Expectations for the start of the season is for the dead weight to fuck off with the holes in our squad filled with players of good quality.

Expectations for the end of the season. Better than what we achieved this year. It'd be nice to finish in the Top 4 and win a cup. Don't give a shit what one.

Would be good if we can avoid drama and get a bit more luck for once. If you think of our midfield alone this year- Afcon, malaria, silly red card, back problems, ACL, whatever the fuck Lo Celso is out with, Maddison injury.
Less of that stuff, proper squad work in transfer window and then a good season ending in a European glory ideally- that would be a dream. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of us lifting Europa League trophy- I'd give it a proper go.

I went for title challange and top 4. I think we have the capability to finish 2nd. Whether we do it or not or have another 5th season is another story. If we do finish 5th again, we need some progress in the cups, ideally an FA Cup final.

Given our recent form I'm not expecting much. Hopefully Lange and Paratici can find some astute signings at ST, RW and #6 and move the deadwood. Regarding Big Agnes I remain to be convinced he's the one but lets hope he starts the season well, not sure I can handle another November sacking. Next season the competition will be tougher, Poch has Chelsea humming and United will surely sack ETH. Newcastle will be back too. We'll have European football to contend with which will sap our squad if Agnes doesn't rotate properly, I see little evidence he will. Hoping for 4th and a good cup run, and bringing through some of the academy. Expecting 6th or below frankly.

I'm gonna be honest, I still don't have much faith in the squad or the business we're gonna do this Summer. First of all, there is a huge clearout needded, probably 16+ players, you're looking at 3-4 more windows to move all of those players on, and they'll clog up the wage bill until they are. Second, it feels like this season was really just assessing who of the current squad is capable of playing the football Ange wants, next season will still be laying the foundations. Third, I expect Newcastle and Chelsea to be way stronger than this season, and United are due their one season on again after having a poor campaign this one. I expect Villa to bring their poor form into the new campaign though.

With that said I expect a top 6 finish, and we should really be looking to nail 5th down. I'd love to say we win the Europa League but I'd expect at the bare minimum a quarter-final. The domestic cups are always luck of the draw really as I always feel like you're better off getting a fellow top 6 club deep into the competition when they're already competing on multiple fronts.

Really Ange needs to show us he's worth sticking with this coming season. If we have the same issues creating chances and defending set pieces/transitions then we're gonna have to move him on. If we see visible progress in our style of play then I would be delighted going into next Summer with the same manager for what would be a third campaign for the first time since Poch. He needs to do better against our rivals too, which is really important in getting the fans onside. I wanna see us play the football we saw against City against all of our rivals, with some end product to back it up.

There is far too much business to get done in 1 window.

SELL - Lo Celso, Ndombelly, Tanganga, Rodon, Reguillon, Spence, Gil
MAYBE SELL - Davies, Hojbjerg, Royal, Forster, Richarlison, Sessegnon
LOAN - Veliz, Parrott, Phillips

That's 9 (inc Werner) existing squad places already - and for sure we aren't signing 9 players!

So, expectations next season? We win a domestic cup, QF Europa, Top 6 league finish. Chelsea, Newcastle will be much better next season and will realistically challenge for the 3rd and 4th spot. Liverpool will likely drop out of the top 4; and of course you never know what your going to get with United!

Back
Top Bottom