Next season (2024/2025) expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are your expectations for the next season?

• Title challenge

• Top 4

• Europa League winners

• League Cup winners

• FA Cup winners

• Top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Simple. I expect us to compete to win everything. That will never change. I don't want to hear any shit about the League Cup being shite. If we're in a competition, we're in it to win it. If we flake out of the domestic cup campaigns early, I'll be fucking livid.

Will we actually win anything? Based on Ange's recent comments and our performances this calendar year there's obviously still loads to do, so heaven knows. But I expect us to try and I don't want Ange to be grumbling about soft players and staff after the January window.

A lot of comments that Top 4 should be the target.

We were only one win away from that this season and everyone is acting like we barely escaped relegation and personally handed Woolwich a trophy.

We could win the league, both domestic cups and the Europa league - and fans would still complain that the go kart track isn't good enough.

A lot of uncertainties now at the clubs we are probably going to be competing with. How do Liverpool do post-Klopp? What happens at Chelsea and United? Villa trying to cope with Champions League. Pep on a farewell tour.

FA Cup or Europa League please. I just want to celebrate winning a bloomin' trophy!Last time we did, I was in my 40s!!!

clicking youtube GIF by Great Big Story
Cat and a mouse , the worst episode of Tom and Jerry I’ve ever seen

We were only one win away from that this season and everyone is acting like we barely escaped relegation and personally handed Woolwich a trophy.

We could win the league, both domestic cups and the Europa league - and fans would still complain that the go kart track isn't good enough.
Rubbish , the Go Kart track is magnificent, just none of us give a fuck about it

Last edited:
Musts: Improve the squad strength/depth in the summer, take every competition we’re in seriously (no competition we’re in is beneath us), more consistency of performance (good not bad!), finish in a European spot again, entertaining football.

Would like (but won’t be Ange out if we don’t provided we meet the above): Trophy of any kind.

Now with the season finally over, 5th place is confirmed and we should turn our attention to the transfer window, where without a doubt, because of the Euros, we’ll see the good old “we tried but the market is tough” phrase. :pochshock:

Anyway, whether we strengthen the squad or not remains to be seen. The question that remains to be asked, what are you personal expectations for the next season on the back of what you’ve seen this season and considering our final position in the table? Also consider the European competition where we’ll likely be one of the favorites, this is the first season there won’t be any UCL dropouts.
I'm going to disregard the suggestion that there will be a title challenge as some have claimed. It would be great if it happens but I think it's a long way from where we are at the moment. If there is a title challenge, I would be happy to sacrifice performance in the cups to pursue it.

In the absence of a viable title challenge, I don't care about finishing in the top 4. I will happily trade a 3rd or 4th place finish for better performance in the cups. I think we should be aiming for top 6 and competitive performance in all cup competitions.

That's my wish list as a fan but I know it may be very different from Levy's wish list. How many times have we talked about giving the Europa League a go just to find that the kids have been fielded and we go out in the group stage?

Opted not to vote in the poll because I found it too restrictive.

Last edited:

Well the way I see it, Chavs have finished the second half of the season strongly, won a lot more points than we did, Newcastle also improved after they were dumped out of Champions League and some of their players recovered from injuries, City and Assna will likely be top 2 again and Liverpool will probably be around top 4 under Slot unless it fails spectacularly. That’s 5 clubs predicted to fight for top 4, without adding unknowns in Villa, United and Palace, who I think could be the dark horses next season, if they keep all/some of their key players.

I personally think next season will be tougher than this season, we’ll have to deal with EL aswell, so it’s imperative we buy 3-4 good players this transfer window.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that if we win a quadruple, no one will complain about the go-kart track.

Unless it’s a genuine go-kart enthusiast who complains about the specific racing characteristics of the track e.g. centrifugal speed retention on corners.

I want us to make our home a very difficult place to play.

Concede far fewer. Do much, *much* better in derbies.

Go far in the Europa League.

I have zero league expectations. There are too many good teams.
So are we with a bit of tweaking.

We have to be also more cunts to the refs. The fact that Madders was the most fouled player in the League even though he missed 3 months is criminal. You can see Legohead protect his players all the time and be a prick to the 4th official. Ange should be less fair as well, because unfortunately the refs in this League have 0 backbone.

The squad will also get more technical and we'll hopefully have less injuries (it was said that all teams struggled with injuries in Ange's first season).

I do agree that the League is strong though. I don't expect Villa to be as strong, but I'm really afraid of Chelsea and Newcastle. With Chelsea, you could see toward the end of the season that Poch has started to shape the team to his liking, and Newcastle won't have the dip in form they had this season around Christmas because they won't have to play European football. United and Liverpool are a bit of an unknown, although I'd say Liverpool have more probability to be good rather than bad, while for United it's the opposite.

I want us to take every Cup game seriously - Ange has been here a year so he should know what players he can rely on , I know we need to rest players in the early rounds but this season we need to win something - we have been starved of success for to long - Lets win the EL this season then go for the PL and CL double the one after!

Decent attacking football , cup runs and our arses don’t collapse when we rock up at stamford bridge, Anfield & castle grey skull

This is me as well. Many strong teams in the Prem and across Europe, but as long as we play aggressively and always give it a go, that’s all I ask.

Back
Top Bottom