Next season (2024/2025) expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are your expectations for the next season?

• Title challenge

• Top 4

• Europa League winners

• League Cup winners

• FA Cup winners

• Top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
FA Cup or Europa League please. I just want to celebrate winning a bloomin' trophy!Last time we did, I was in my 40s!!!

clicking youtube GIF by Great Big Story
But we haven't won anything in the last 10 years

Just focus on the non-league cups. It’s more than likely it will be Pep’s last season next year so you’ll know he’ll want to end on a high. Wouldn’t be surprised if KDB and Bernardo move on after next season as well TBH as well as a few other senior players so o can’t see anyone else winning the league. I’d rather win something than come at best 2nd in the keague

After over 50 years of suffering and so many false dawns, my expectations are now so low that I think there should be a “same ol’, we ain’t winning shit again” option.

Could Be Worse Episode 5 GIF by PBS

After over 50 years of suffering and so many false dawns, my expectations are now so low that I think there should be a “same ol’, we ain’t winning shit again” option.

Could Be Worse Episode 5 GIF by PBS
If you've followed Spurs for 50 years, you've seen all sorts other than a league title.
As a fan of 30 years, I've seen 2 league cups and more ridicule than anyone deserves.

New golf course

Bald caps to be sold in the club shop at a minimum price of £200

Single digit net spend

Milesy to be promoted to assistant manager

New club euthanasia attraction where you can pay 20k to jump off the skywalk and be buried underneath the sacred turf and just above the go kart track , the club could make a ... um.... killing

This is all the bare minimum

Mikey Moore to get plenty of cameos.

Bergvall to bring hope and excitement.

Another young thing to be brought in who wows us.

Less turgid crap periods.

Edit : Coherent defensive coaching and much better attacking/attackers.

Expectations are very low , in July for no reason whatsoever I will get more positive , momentum will build into blind optimism in August . Deadline day will pass Ange will have a face like a slapped arse and I will kick myself for renewing , same every bloody year

Now with the season finally over, 5th place is confirmed and we should turn our attention to the transfer window, where without a doubt, because of the Euros, we’ll see the good old “we tried but the market is tough” phrase. :pochshock:

Anyway, whether we strengthen the squad or not remains to be seen. The question that remains to be asked, what are you personal expectations for the next season on the back of what you’ve seen this season and considering our final position in the table? Also consider the European competition where we’ll likely be one of the favorites, this is the first season there won’t be any UCL dropouts.

Need to add “The manager sacked by Christmas and another transitional season” option.

Only fair the less positive amongst us can get involved with the poll.

You know I'm well past giving a fuck about the league unless we're actually gonna win it, top 4, no top 4, who gives a shit? I'm gonna vote for Europa league because I think we actually have a good shot of winning it if we keep players fresh for the thursday nights instead of playing a shit youth team in it like we're too good to be in it. English fans may shit on the Europa but other countries don't look down on it like we do, the Spanish in particular have a certain knack for winning it. Like it or not winning breeds a winning culture, but it does need to be something meaningful, I'd much rather have a Europa league win on our books than the league cup for instance, I think for romance sake it would be nice to get another FA cup but realistically the Europa would do by far the most for our reputation abroad (with regards to the allure to foreign players) of the 3, if we're accepting that we are almost certainly not gonna spend the dosh required to build a league-winning squad next season, a 3rd European trophy in our cabinet would be a sweet prize to win, as well as being able to rub it in them cunts down the road's faces that the gap ever increases between us in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom