Next season (2024/2025) expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are your expectations for the next season?

• Title challenge

• Top 4

• Europa League winners

• League Cup winners

• FA Cup winners

• Top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
5th is good for us. We aren't actually ready to compete in both the Champions League and Premier League, we need to keep improving in the premier league and I think Europa is a genuine aim for us to target winning.

A lot of cracks in our squad in terms of quality. It needs to improve but I don't think our targets will be any different for this window whether we hit the top 4 or not.

The time has now come to get a left winger to replace Son. Our attack is crying out for a high quality player to be dropped in and play alongside Richarlison and whoever rises to the top between Kulu and Johnson.
Werner is not it.

We also need a second centre forward. Richarlison has injury struggles, he does seem to be getting into things now but why would we not give him competition.

Throw in a new left back to support Udogie and Davies, that's repairing some quality we're missing.

Left Wing
Centre Forward
Young Left Back

Also. Next seasons premier league has the potential to be the most competitive season ever, we need to be so on it next year from the first match.

We are more than capable of winning the Europa League.

Go as far as we can in PL of course, but that for me is the most realistic trophy.

I expect with backing Ange will have us up there in 25/26 season, alongside a Pep-less City and stagnant Liverpool, the league will be very open in a year or two.

It would be magnificent to go all the way in Europe and I think we should be aiming for that. Top 4 and any pot would be amazing and more development of the playing staff over the next two windows of course needed.

I think Newcastle, Villa and United will struggle next season tbh but Chelsea could be a lot stronger so top 4 will be a fight for sure.

Actually I take anything I said back. We need to invest and go all-in with a unique opportunity next season. The FFP stuff will finally hit City next season (minimum will be a large deduction but could easily be worse), Liverpool will go rebuild post-Klopp, Villa will regress, FFP will limit Newcastle/Chelsea's growth, and ManU just seem so far away.

That really leaves Arse and us - We're in a position where we can still invest / expect growth, and we'll have to do it otherwise...

And Woolwich are due for some regression with most of their players featuring in Euro or Copa which will undoubtedly affect them.

Sht, assuming FFP rules out City, its title or bust.

Expectations depend on not only our transfer activity but the other top clubs transfer activities. In January we spent more because we did not have Fair play restrictions And hopefully we can improve more than some of our rivals.
Winning a trophy has to be taken more seriously and it does not matter which one but we need to win one. I am less concerned about our league place and whilst we need to be in Europe, if we do not win the top 4 trophy then that indicates we still do not have a deep enough squad.
We need to see the team playing better than recently as we only got 5th because of our good start to the season.

Expectations depend on the transfer market.
Our lineup is in no way good enough, as it is right now, to give us a real chance at winning a competition.
None of our MFs really stand out, except Maddison, and we have no world class forwards.

I've put top 4 but it all depends on who Tottenham bring in. I don't think we will know for sure until the end of the window. I have no doubt about Ange but the current squad is not deep enough in quality to compete in Europe and the EPL.

Would love to win a trophy, either the
League or fa cup . Not good enough to win the Europa. As for the league, forget it.

Would love to get back to playing the nice football we were playing at the start of the season.

Needs to be a big improvement though. We need a decent striker, and a better midfield.

Imperative we have a good start because if we start playing like we have been , Ange will be gone by Christmas

5th is good for us. We aren't actually ready to compete in both the Champions League and Premier League, we need to keep improving in the premier league and I think Europa is a genuine aim for us to target winning.

A lot of cracks in our squad in terms of quality. It needs to improve but I don't think our targets will be any different for this window whether we hit the top 4 or not.

The time has now come to get a left winger to replace Son. Our attack is crying out for a high quality player to be dropped in and play alongside Richarlison and whoever rises to the top between Kulu and Johnson.
Werner is not it.

We also need a second centre forward. Richarlison has injury struggles, he does seem to be getting into things now but why would we not give him competition.

Throw in a new left back to support Udogie and Davies, that's repairing some quality we're missing.

Left Wing
Centre Forward
Young Left Back

Also. Next seasons premier league has the potential to be the most competitive season ever, we need to be so on it next year from the first match.
I'd actually say we need a RB more than a LB, as VdV can play LB.

Agree on a forward and a winger.

Also a question as to whether Biss is the right no.6

Top 4 and a Cup.... ANY CUP will do me absolutely fine!

I'm still old and misty eyed enough to covet the FA Cup more than many these days...

But Winning the Europa League would at LEAST get us into the CL in 2025/26... IF Top 4 is beyond us!!

Fuck it, if we don't get 4th, then I'm going for the FA Cup AND Europa League (and qualify for CL THAT way) !!

Given our recent form I'm not expecting much. Hopefully Lange and Paratici can find some astute signings at ST, RW and #6 and move the deadwood. Regarding Big Agnes I remain to be convinced he's the one but lets hope he starts the season well, not sure I can handle another November sacking. Next season the competition will be tougher, Poch has Chelsea humming and United will surely sack ETH. Newcastle will be back too. We'll have European football to contend with which will sap our squad if Agnes doesn't rotate properly, I see little evidence he will. Hoping for 4th and a good cup run, and bringing through some of the academy. Expecting 6th or below frankly.
Who the fuck is Agnes, your maiden aunt?

Back
Top Bottom