Next season (2024/2025) expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are your expectations for the next season?

• Title challenge

• Top 4

• Europa League winners

• League Cup winners

• FA Cup winners

• Top 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is not going to happen under the best manager in the league.
Who have we got lined up then?

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

Process:
  • Reasonable transfer window. I don't expect the spectacular, but expect successful deadwood pruning and at least a couple of solid upgrades in key positions
  • First team integration and significant match time for significantly more under 21's than this season
  • Some tactical evolution from Ange (Without changing the overall philosophy of:
    • attack as the best form of defence
    • unconventional formation with high fluidity
    • make the opposition change the way they play in order to try to counter your tactics, rather than changing your tactics to counter them
    • don't play the clock)
  • No mid-season manager change
Outcomes:
  • Around 76 points in the league
  • Qualify for the EL knockout stage
  • Win at least 8 knockout rounds in total between EL, FA and EFL Cup (equivalent to making QF's of all 3), preferably go all the way in at least one

Process:
  • Reasonable transfer window. I don't expect the spectacular, but expect successful deadwood pruning and at least a couple of solid upgrades in key positions
  • First team integration and significant match time for significantly more under 21's than this season
  • Sometactical evolution from Ange (Without changing the overall philosophy of:
    • make the opposition change the way they play in order to try to counter your tactics, rather than changing your tactics to counter them
    • don't play the clock)
Outcomes:
  • Win at least 8 knockout rounds in total between EL, FA and EFL Cup (equivalent to making QF's of all 3), preferably go all the way in at least one
Good post and totally agree with your points! I'll probably get carded for saying that 🤣 welcome to the forum!

Process:
    • don't play the clock)
Outcomes:
Could get top 4 as well I know Ange doesn’t think it’s a trophy and I don’t think fans do either. Not sure where that comes from. But get top shows signs of progress and we are then back in the CL where we need to be! It’s not be scoffed at , we are not too big think that is beneath us. Obvs we want to aim for the title but realistically how many teams can win it. Also there is a lot of dead wood in the CL as well so why shouldn’t we be mixing it up in it as well.

5th is good for us. We aren't actually ready to compete in both the Champions League and Premier League, we need to keep improving in the premier league and I think Europa is a genuine aim for us to target winning.

A lot of cracks in our squad in terms of quality. It needs to improve but I don't think our targets will be any different for this window whether we hit the top 4 or not.

The time has now come to get a left winger to replace Son. Our attack is crying out for a high quality player to be dropped in and play alongside Richarlison and whoever rises to the top between Kulu and Johnson.
Werner is not it.

We also need a second centre forward. Richarlison has injury struggles, he does seem to be getting into things now but why would we not give him competition.

Throw in a new left back to support Udogie and Davies, that's repairing some quality we're missing.

Left Wing
Centre Forward
Young Left Back

Also. Next seasons premier league has the potential to be the most competitive season ever, we need to be so on it next year from the first match.
Could VDV not cover LB? I don’t want 22 for 11 positions, would prefer a strong 18 with a few flexible players and then some promising youngsters filling gaps like BJ, Donley and perhaps Dorrngton

Process:
    • don't play the clock)
Outcomes:
Pretty reasonable post but I would add that a final in at least one cup is a priority. Winning it is another thing but being in serious contention is another. The rest of the top six including the likes of Newcastle and West Ham have all played in finals the last three seasons, or been runners up in the league, despite us being in the mix with most of them

I voted top 6, but I genuinely think we could be anywhere in the top 6. (I'm going to be positive and assume City will finally get punished next season). There's a lot of new managers coming in, just feels like anything can happen, and it probably will.

I think we'll concede less, pretty happy with our back line and they'll improve and hopefully sort out protecting Vic. I want to be optimistic about our attack as well, but it really needs work. Smart signings, a bit of magic from our youth and better coaching would be a good start.

Oh, and we'll win the Europa cause I'm still a dreamer.

Back
Top Bottom